PDA

View Full Version : Kootenay grizzly bear in spring

liambobbi
04-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Hey guys and gals looking at puting in for leh grizzly for spring 2015 Im finally set up financially for a dream hunt (if I draw) any tips a hints on were to go and best place to access places to hunt
thankyou any info would be great

Husky7mm
04-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Very high odds in the kootenays. Even as a resident i put in out of the koots for g-bear and was able to go grizz hunting every other year or so or at least join a friend on one. That's really what makes for a great time. Put in were they give out the tags and everyone else is not putting in. It's not always where you wish to be hunting but it's with the price just to see new country.

Weatherby Fan
04-08-2014, 10:55 AM
I put in in the Kootenay's as if I get a draw I'm most certain I'll get a bear as there's lots of them there,yes odds are high but we hunt there all the time and I know the area fairly well.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Heading to the West Koots for a grizz hunt from the Okanagan certainly isn't a bank-breaker.

Trips usually only cost $100-150 each for 2 people.

Good advice by husky. Join in and help when other friends have draws. You get to go more often and get to know the country....plus you'll want help when you finally get drawn yourself.

Good luck with the draw!!

Camp Cook
04-19-2014, 06:48 PM
I really only put in for 1-1 odds areas scored a B&C interior bear measured 24 3/16" after 3 years of drying.