PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermists in Vernon?

PointMan
04-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Are there any decent ones here? Not trying to cause a stir, but after a Google search, I only found two, I checked out the photos they had posted on their sites and I wasn't too impressed with the quality. I'm not going to flame them by posting their names, because lets face it, if I could do better, I wouldn't be looking for a taxidermist. But, I would like to know what else is out there, any recommendations?

Stone Sheep Steve
04-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Certainly worth a drive one hr either way......north, south, east or west. Would open up your options considerably.

SSS

Rhyno
04-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Pm sent your way

BigfishCanada
04-03-2014, 08:31 PM
A1 did a great mule deer for me around 8 years ago. Job was done very well

boxhitch
04-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Don't put much weight into poor quality photos , its not like they hire a photographer for a website shot.
Go in and visit or see someones actual end results.

Pete
04-04-2014, 05:39 AM
Both Vernon Taxidermist in Vernon are well respected for their work....get off your computer and go look at their work...the pictures do not do justice to their work. I have had work done by both...Very professional and well done.

jackpine
04-04-2014, 05:40 AM
Drive another hour to Monte Creek,Dan @ Tru-Life is top notch!!

Rich_D
04-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Drive another hour to Monte Creek,Dan @ Tru-Life is top notch!!

Glad to hear.....he has my Mulie at his place. :)

labguy
04-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Both Vernon Taxidermist in Vernon are well respected for their work....get off your computer and go look at their work...the pictures do not do justice to their work. I have had work done by both...Very professional and well done.

x 2. At least one of these men I know personally and there is not a more honorable man on this planet.

If you actually saw the work (by going into his shop) you would agree that the pieces are museum quality.

labguy
04-04-2014, 04:17 PM
One more point on this subject...........How do you know that a person giving an opinion on the internet about taxidermy work actually knows what they're talking about????

Pretty much everyone on the this site is anonymous so how do you know who's who in the zoo.

Opinions mean nothing unless you know the source and know the source is credible.:wink: That's why a quick trip to each shop to view the work will ultimately save you a whole bunch of time and grief.

Good luck.....

jeff341
04-04-2014, 09:23 PM
I didn't think it was a customers fault for a bad representation of a persons taxidermy work.....seems like a valid question for this site. I get that you can go drive around and have a look but why not ask all of you who possibly have had some experience (positive or negative) with these places.

358mag
04-04-2014, 09:34 PM
One more point on this subject...........How do you know that a person giving an opinion on the internet about taxidermy work actually knows what they're talking about????

Pretty much everyone on the this site is anonymous so how do you know who's who in the zoo.

Opinions mean nothing unless you know the source and know the source is credible.:wink: That's why a quick trip to each shop to view the work will ultimately save you a whole bunch of time and grief.

Good luck.....
Well if its on HBC + the Internet its must be true .