Rackem
04-03-2014, 11:53 AM
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/support-the-bc-grizzly-hunt/sign.html

monasheemountainman
04-03-2014, 11:54 AM
signed!!!!!!

swamper
04-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Done. If the stats that I have seen are even close, the total kill is only about 3% of the grizzly population.

ElliotMoose
04-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Signed. This is a hunt that is sustainable throughout most of the province. A trip to any back country basin in the koots will prove that there is no shortage of G bears.

coach
04-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Signed...:-D

Rackmastr
04-03-2014, 12:25 PM
For anyone who hasn't seen this before, make sure you send the link to your family and friends and have them all sign it as well!! Its important we show the numbers of people out there that support this hunt!!!

bowhunterbruce
04-03-2014, 12:29 PM
signed up.

xfactor
04-03-2014, 12:33 PM
signed, and email to friends

john.b
04-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Signed.....

Rackmastr
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Also feel free to use this or send it to anyone when writing letters to the govt or the opposition. It's important we all show our support and have a voice that rivals the anti hunting voice.

eric
04-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Signed.....total count said 11500..:-D

Moe.JKU
04-03-2014, 12:42 PM
I was wondering when a pro griz hunt petition was coming. Signed.

Rackmastr
04-03-2014, 12:51 PM
This link has the preamble as well on it...

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/support-the-bc-grizzly-hunt.html

Rackem
04-03-2014, 12:56 PM
http://bchuntingblog.com/blog/2012/04/03/support-the-bc-grizzly-bear-hunt/

http://peachlandsportsmen.com/gbears.html

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/soe/indicators/plants-and-animals/grizzly-bears.html?WT.ac=LU_Grizzly-status

two-feet
04-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Not a grizz hunter, but signed up in support of sound wildlife management through hunting.

btridge
04-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Signed 11609

ghost
04-03-2014, 08:09 PM
sighned, getting tired of people that dont understand logic.

Trekker
04-03-2014, 08:26 PM
signed and shared

Shade Tree
04-03-2014, 08:32 PM
OK...I signed it....but where is the poll? Does anyone actually see it? Or just all of us?

HarryToolips
04-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Done................

markomoose
04-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Thats why I joined this site.Up to date info /good people/and a voice for the hunting community!We have to stick together people even if we don't agree on subjects!We are stronger as a whole other than individuals! CHEERS MARK

grizzly550
04-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Got my vote.

Rattler
04-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Signed....

finngun
04-03-2014, 09:12 PM
no grizz for me...but signed yes:mrgreen:

Dusty Roads
04-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Signed.... 11651

Blainer
04-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Thank you
# 11656

Spy
04-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Done....lets keep this going. .

Fred1
04-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Already done!!

Rackmastr
04-03-2014, 09:48 PM
OK...I signed it....but where is the poll? Does anyone actually see it? Or just all of us?

Its not a poll that's posted somewhere like a media website etc.

It was created in response to an anti hunting one made and has been sent to the government 2 years ago. We need to keep it growing and continue to have people send it to different govt officials and opposition to show that there is support and plenty of it. Most of it right in our backyard.

Write letters and make out voice heard. This is one small way to show our collective voice.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
04-03-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm #11659 hope more people sign !

Skillet
04-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Signed!!!!

Seeker
04-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Signed!!!!!

Derp
04-04-2014, 07:32 AM
signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r106
04-04-2014, 08:19 AM
signed,..,

sawmill
04-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Done.Hope it hits good ears.

bruin
04-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Signed...............

mcmullmar
04-04-2014, 11:14 AM
signed........

dragonslayer
04-04-2014, 12:29 PM
signed.......

BlackOwL
04-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Is a BC resident priority petition? Before signing I want to know.

04-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Signed .....

adriaticum
04-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Hmmm, the website complained that I have already submitted this petition....I don't remember that.

Rackmastr
04-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Is a BC resident priority petition? Before signing I want to know.

In what way do you mean?

Its a petition to support the continued harvest of gbears in BC. Preamble explains the rationale.

Rackmastr
04-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Hmmm, the website complained that I have already submitted this petition....I don't remember that.

The petition was created and on this site heavily 2 years ago, could have signed it the first time around?

BlackOwL
04-04-2014, 06:06 PM
In what way do you mean?

Its a petition to support the continued harvest of gbears in BC. Preamble explains the rationale.

Considering that Your rationale does not explain if specifically is for residents of BC to have priority before commercial harvest, It seems to Me that this petition can be misused to sell Our G. B's to somebody else. This can take us to leave resident hunters sucking Our thumb.

Rackmastr
04-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Then don't sign it if ya don't wish to. This petition has the support of several groups that include both resident groups and outfitter organizations. Not looking for a debate, make your own choices.

This petition is about showing support in numbers by all outdoorsmen and women.

BlackOwL
04-04-2014, 06:29 PM
That is exactly My point, The spectacular hunting shows will be the winners, and that is the main focus of the antis who exhibit those shows as a horrid crime, is time to work for Our interests not giving away Our votes for the benefit of others,

Bugle M In
04-04-2014, 06:32 PM
been there...done that!

Rackmastr
04-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Alright buddy....like I said, not looking for a debate on the subject. Like any petition, choose to sign it or not. Its that simple.

Spy
04-04-2014, 06:36 PM
That is exactly My point, The spectacular hunting shows will be the winners, and that is the main focus of the antis who exhibit those shows as a horrid crime, is time to work for Our interests not giving away Our votes for the benefit of others,

Divided we shall fall ! Like Rackem said "dont sign it then!" Where is Fart fart away?

BEARSLAYER
04-05-2014, 03:02 PM
signed . would love to get one myself

R.G.
04-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Signed.....

coach
04-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Considering that Your rationale does not explain if specifically is for residents of BC to have priority before commercial harvest, It seems to Me that this petition can be misused to sell Our G. B's to somebody else. This can take us to leave resident hunters sucking Our thumb.

So we'd be better off having a battle between Resident hunters and Guide Outfitters than joining together to preserve grizzly hunting for everyone??

44inchStone
04-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Done and sent it off to MANY others

juniorsheephunter63
07-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Signed, lets not be complacent and allow the hunt to be taken away again!

Goose
07-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Signed, great job!

papaken
07-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Signed, somewhere in the 12000's. Gettin' old forgot the exact number almost immediately. LOL

vortex hunter
07-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Done #12034 sent link to familly and friends.

K-1
07-14-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm in #12039

seizuresalad
07-14-2014, 11:26 PM
I'll sign if someone can tell me they genuinely like the taste of grizzly meat. I'm not trying to be difficult; I like black bear, but I live on the island, and have never experienced the grizzly hunt. If someone responds with a post saying they like grizzly meat, I will sign this petition straight away. I'm not a trophy hunt kind of guy; I toss my deer antlers and bear skulls back into the bush every time; doesn't matter how big they are. My trophy is a full freezer. I butcher all my own meat, including making all my own bear sausage. If y'all can tell me you like chomping on grizzly, I'm down to help save the hunt.

Good2bCanadian
07-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Signed. I support guys that want a trophy and also guys that want meat.

Hunting is soo varied. As long as conservation and ethics are involved, I support.

boxhitch
07-15-2014, 06:21 AM
Signed ........again
Must of used some different info by accident.

sausage lover
07-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Done,I will spread the word to my pro hunting friends cheers

Bluedsteel
07-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Done deal! This petition is from 2012, is this ongoing? So far it say's there are 12,056 signatures.

Rackmastr
07-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Yes...its still going. I have submitted the names at one point (cant remember when) back to the BC Govt and to the opposition. Several groups have also used the petition to show support from what I understand.

44inchStone
07-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Signed of course!!

Fish Nutz
07-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunter33
07-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Signed it ......

hunter d
07-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Yah jsh, you rule

atvone
07-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Signed it.......

chuckerb
07-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Signed ,be a sham sham sham.....

hunter d
07-24-2014, 03:22 PM
You rule!!

huff
07-25-2014, 11:56 AM
I'll sign if someone can tell me they genuinely like the taste of grizzly meat. I'm not trying to be difficult; I like black bear, but I live on the island, and have never experienced the grizzly hunt. If someone responds with a post saying they like grizzly meat, I will sign this petition straight away. I'm not a trophy hunt kind of guy; I toss my deer antlers and bear skulls back into the bush every time; doesn't matter how big they are. My trophy is a full freezer. I butcher all my own meat, including making all my own bear sausage. If y'all can tell me you like chomping on grizzly, I'm down to help save the hunt.

I'm on the same page you are. If you can't eat it don't shoot it. I won't be signing either.

Darksith
07-25-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm on the same page you are. If you can't eat it don't shoot it. I won't be signing either.
why can't you eat it? You let them take away the G bear hunt, then whats next? The black bear hunt? They won't do that you will say...well look at the Queen Charolette Islands, they already have done it! Next you won't be able to hunt cougar or wolf. Predator control should be a concern to all hunters, just because you choose not to partake in something doesn't mean you shouldn't stand behind your fellow hunters that do choose to partake. If your not with us, you are unfortunately with the majority that doesn't speak up, which allows the anti's to make enough noise to the point that we lose. I have never hunted G bears, still undecided if I will ever or not, but I still signed the petition.

Also for you and the poster you quoted...there are guys on HBC that do eat the meat, and there are many others that take the meat out and use it for dog food. The law doesn't state you have to eat the meat of any animal, you just need to bring it out of the bush.

And to top it off, its good for the health of the species to have them hunted. Its called conservation and wildlife management, which helps grow and protect the population. Look at South Africa as a prime example of this. If nothing else, the conservation side of it should make you sign the petition.

hunter fisher
07-25-2014, 03:31 PM
why can't you eat it? You let them take away the G bear hunt, then whats next? The black bear hunt? They won't do that you will say...well look at the Queen Charolette Islands, they already have done it! Next you won't be able to hunt cougar or wolf. Predator control should be a concern to all hunters, just because you choose not to partake in something doesn't mean you shouldn't stand behind your fellow hunters that do choose to partake. If your not with us, you are unfortunately with the majority that doesn't speak up, which allows the anti's to make enough noise to the point that we lose. I have never hunted G bears, still undecided if I will ever or not, but I still signed the petition.

Also for you and the poster you quoted...there are guys on HBC that do eat the meat, and there are many others that take the meat out and use it for dog food. The law doesn't state you have to eat the meat of any animal, you just need to bring it out of the bush.

And to top it off, its good for the health of the species to have them hunted. Its called conservation and wildlife management, which helps grow and protect the population. Look at South Africa as a prime example of this. If nothing else, the conservation side of it should make you sign the petition.

very educated reply, glad to have someone with the right attitude and information to back it up!

liambobbi
07-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Signed :-D

r106
07-25-2014, 06:23 PM

Very well put. I'm in the same boat as you, never hunted them and not sure if I ever will. But I do support the hunt.

As for the taste of the meat, I don't see why it wouldn't make good peperoni or sausage. But I think any hunter with a grade 2 education knows that taking the meat will not change the stance of a " anti "

Darksith
07-25-2014, 09:21 PM
thats true, but if you take the meat it removes the argument that it is exclusively a trophy hunt even though thats untrue, I doubt if they changed the laws to make people take the meat out you would hear much from the hunting community about it. Not much different that a big caribou at certain times from what I hear.

cas-has-cars
07-26-2014, 07:58 AM
Signed, Keep the Hunt.

huff
07-26-2014, 12:09 PM

Definitely a personal choice.. I don't agree with shooting something just to have it hang on a wall or just for the thrill of the hunt. Yes I agree some prolly eat the meat, but I would say its a small percentage. do I feel threatened by the anti's not one bit . That is more of a right wing scare tactic thing to me . did I like the gun registry No. did it make hunting any worse for me no. Was it a waste of money yes. I have never hunted them but I would buy a tag for one if I was in a hunting area where I felt threatened by one.. I'm pretty sure it was the Haida's who curtailed the black bear hunt on haida gwaii... there is still a black bear hunt there though.

Spy
07-26-2014, 02:08 PM

X2 well put & I have eaten grizz tasted like bear to me.I cant see myself hunting grizz but signed the petition!

hunter d
08-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Ok juniorsheephunter!

pete_k
08-13-2014, 10:42 PM
I missed this back in April.
Signer # 12108