PDA

View Full Version : Lens pen

Krico
02-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Who uses one? Like it? Or better off just using the cleaning cloth that comes with new optics? Since my glass is getting updated this year, I thought it might be $10 well spent.

Bow Walker
02-21-2007, 08:56 AM
I've got one in my 3D gear. My little bro' does as well. Much better than the cloth that comes with the binos, or your shirt tail. Gets the lenses clean and bright.

Don't leave home without one......

todbartell
02-21-2007, 09:36 AM
the Leupold pen is great, well worth the $10

Fisher-Dude
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
The advantage of the lens pen is using the soft brush to whisk away the dirt before you wipe the lenses, thus avoiding scratches. It's all I will use on the Leicas.

TPK
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I picked up one of the Leupold pens, got it home and played with it. Seemed to clean up my scopes very well ... then my curiosity got the better of me .. I was looking at the pad end (not the brush) trying to figure out if there was anything "special" on it coating wise and yup, went and stuck my finger right on it and gave it a rub ... instantly realized what I had done and felt very embarassed even though I was alone. So ... did I pooch this with getting oils from my finger on it? I figured I did, but then I looked at some of the crap I was cleaning off my scopes and thought, hell my finger can't be any worse than that (hadn't been up my nose recently anyway ...). So I still use it ... I just don't "touch" it anymore.

4ptbuck
02-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I think there is some kind of 'dry cleaner' in the lens cap....

Leupold Lens Pen Cleaner has a natural hair brush which is fullyretractable for protection when not in use. A clean brush is keybecause it's the first thing to touch the lens. The micro fiber cleaning tip automatically replenishes itself with a state-of-the-artcleaning compound. Compact and ergonomic, it's great for yourworkbench, the range, or in the field.

tuchodi
02-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I have used one for about 8 years and it work Great. Much better than the cleaners that come with the scopes or bino's

tracker
02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
the brush is great to get away all dust and dirt particals,but if you miss anything and the cleaning pad picks it up, you can scratch your lens.So I brush dust away,clean with a clean cloth ,then clean with compound pad of lens pen.Works for me !!!8)

Stone Sheep Steve
02-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I try to use my pen all the time but when you get your lens wet you can use your lens cloth. Works better for moisture absorption. Just make sure you first get everything off that you can with the brush on your pen.

SSS

steel_ram
02-21-2007, 05:24 PM
London Drugs sells the same thing without "Leupold" on it for 1/2 the price. I like it.

BANG!
02-21-2007, 05:32 PM
London Drugs sells the same thing without "Leupold" on it for 1/2 the price. I like it.

then I'm going to get one.

hell - maybe I'll get two!

Will
02-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Yep I've had the LEO and the "NoName" ones.....both work equally well, I can't tell a diff.
I also picked up one of those Nylon Black cases for the MiniMaglights, the lens pen fits perfectly in it and It's always on my Hunting belt:wink:

todbartell
02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
don't you guys know that the deer will laugh at you if they knew you used a London Drugs lenspen :lol:

Krico
02-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Well I stopped by London Drugs when I got back to town today. Turns out they want $15 for theirs. The deer surely would laugh at me for spending that kind of money on something without the name Leupold written on the side. Does anyone else around here sell them?

steel_ram
02-23-2007, 08:31 AM
$15 bucks! Yikes! They've gone up a lot since I bought mine. What's a Leupold one cost?

Bow Walker
02-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Your mission - should you choose to accept it - Try Cdn Tire, or Walmart, or Zellers. Look in the camera departments. Report back with prices.

Phil
02-23-2007, 10:48 AM
I have the London Drugs version and they work well. I also use a micro fiber cloth when there is a little moisture on the lense. I bought a pack of the reusable cloths from Cosco at the eye glass department.