PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tips from experienced Canadian hunters!

Clickclack
03-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Hello everyone!

So my friend and I are spending our spare time developing a free web service for hunters where you can create your own website for you or your hunting team. The site features things such as calendars, game report features, a private forum, as well as map features. It's gotten quite popular in my home country Sweden, and so we're now trying to expand to Canada.

The thing is I know hunting in my homeland Sweden is different in some ways to hunting in North America, and hunting in this region is something which I have no first hand experience of. So with that in mind I am looking for some people which might be able to take a look at our site and give some tips on how to change it to fit the Canadian hunting community. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

our website is called Easyhunt.com if you would like to take a look. And you can either PM me here or send a mail to info@easyhunt.com if you have any suggestions. Like I said, this is something which we are creating in our spare time and are very passionate about, as we are hunters ourselves. Thanks!! :mrgreen:

Chopper
03-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Look everyone ! a new Hunting website/forum !

IBTL

hunter fisher
03-30-2014, 12:20 PM
anythings better than here with the mods giving infractions because its their time of the month

albravo2
03-30-2014, 12:31 PM
hmmmm. two comments already. one negative response against new site AND one negative response against this site.

didn't your moms ever tell you that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all? seriously... does that give you pleasure? go outside.

clickclack, welcome to HBC. good luck with your venture. i only have enough internet interest for one site but I hope you do well regardless. it isn't easy to take an idea and turn it into reality-- hat's off to you for making the effort.

ru rancher
03-30-2014, 12:38 PM
seams like a cool site so far just trying to recruit my team then ill get back to you on how i think you could improve it

.300WSMImpact!
03-30-2014, 12:52 PM
seems much different then this site, as long as the website could be private I see it could be a neat thing for groups of people that hunt together

r106
03-30-2014, 01:17 PM
anythings better than here with the mods giving infractions because its their time of the month

Then what are you doing here? Leave. Or contribute something to help improve it

r106
03-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Nothing wrong with multiple sites. A few have come and gone but HBC seems to stick around. There's a good reason for that

coquitlam
03-30-2014, 06:39 PM

Sorry clickclack, not everyone is like the above but they can be found everywhere. It`s so easy to be negative . Great to see others working to make this community stronger and enjoyable

Papa Sasquatch
03-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Just last month there was a new website opening. "How to hunt" meant to serve North America that was focussing on specific locations technics. A BC dude that has been around the hills. I have no doubt there is room for another site without much controversy. Best of luck.

Gateholio
03-30-2014, 09:09 PM
No cellphone service is common in many areas of Canada. That's something to think about for your smart phone app.