PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bear hunting in Regions 8-5,8-6,8-7

Grumpa Joe
02-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Another teacher and myself run a flyfishing club at our school. We have taken the kids to various lakes in the past 3 years for our springtime fishing trip. These have included Lundbom/Marquardt, Big/Little Lac la Jeune/Walloper and Salmon Lake. I'm getting to my question so bear with me. We are planning to go into the Princeton to Summerland area this year and were wondering if it is worthwhile to try for a bear or two in areas 8-5,8-6,8-7 in early May when we go scouting possible lakes? Any help would be appreciated.

Frontier

Steeleco
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I've hunted 8-5, 8-6 (Kane valley)for a few years, used to be lots of bears all the time, but since they started cutting the pines the seem less evident. Having said that they must be somewhere, DON'T go without a tag or two!!!!

CanAm500
02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Would the school allow for these kids to go hunting, I would assume it would be a liabilitry issue. If not then take em. I whish my school would do something like that.

Grumpa Joe
02-20-2007, 04:45 PM
No kids allowed on the scouting trip, and certainly not where any guns, killing, gutting etc. is involved. The sponsors need some time to "assess" the suitability of the area for the little darlings (Safety, facilities, etc.). We plan on going first weekend of May to scout and do the actual trip on the last weekend in May. It is so tough to do any field trips now with all the liability issues, but yes it would be a cool experience to do the fishing, hunting, outdoors thing with them as this is sometimes the only thing that keeps them in school.

Frontier

3kills
02-20-2007, 08:01 PM
frontier....where bouts u thinkin?? any lakes in mind???

Grumpa Joe
02-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I could tell you but then... you know. Seriously, we're thinking about scouting Chain/Link/Osprey Lakes or TeePee Lakes or Clifford/Thalia/Ricky/Johnny/Goose/Ludwick Lakes as possible sights for the school fishing trip. So we would also be bear hunting throughout these areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Barring any definite feedback we'll just have to do some exploring as we go, great just to be in the area.

Frontier

GoatGuy
02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Should be in the hart of colour phase country.

cowboy-up69
02-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I could tell you but then... you know. Seriously, we're thinking about scouting Chain/Link/Osprey Lakes or TeePee Lakes or Clifford/Thalia/Ricky/Johnny/Goose/Ludwick Lakes as possible sights for the school fishing trip. So we would also be bear hunting throughout these areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Barring any definite feedback we'll just have to do some exploring as we go, great just to be in the area.

Frontier

All the lakes u mentioned above hold some AWESOME fishing. I grew up on the Teepee, Chain, Link, and Osprey lakes and they are good. One thing with Teepee lakes is you cannot hunt around there, lots of private property around there. All the lakes you said would be worth while going on a school trip.

BCLongshot
03-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Get a tag and bring your gun because if you don't you know what's going to happen... Drove by your school today with my concrete truck a few times, looked for you in case you were outside.

longhairmtnman
03-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Get a tag and bring your gun because if you don't you know what's going to happen... Drove by your school today with my concrete truck a few times, looked for you in case you were outside.

Joe you have a stalker! :lol: I suggest you contact local fishing stores (merrit, princeton, etc.) get the low down. May I suggest Surrey and Sussex lakes, they are great for novice fly fishers and are a likely area for bear. Pm me for details or call me.

f350ps
03-26-2007, 06:57 PM
What about Roche, Mile High or Paska. They all have facilities as required. Just a thought to muddle things up. K