PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Bino strap replacement

r106
03-27-2014, 10:10 AM
I have a set of Bushnell Excursions bino's and need a new strap and having trouble finding a replacement. The issue is on this model Bushnell has a stupid round clip style attachment and that has broke on my old neck strap. Any one know a place that I could get one or do I need to contact Bushnell and get them to send me one?

Junorr500
03-27-2014, 10:25 AM
I took the retainer clip out of the side of the ones I have and epoxied a loop of wire in its place. Then attached quick connect clips to my straps so I could connect to the binos. I used about a 2 1/2" bit clothesline wire because of the thick rubber coating and stripped 3/4" off the ends so I had bare wire to epoxy into place.

BCBRAD
03-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Any one of these work great. http://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=binoculars+harness&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=47372448929&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5538338874058101485&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5j0cz6efzs_b

r106
03-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Any one of these work great. http://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=binoculars+harness&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=47372448929&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5538338874058101485&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5j0cz6efzs_b

Those don't look like they have the right end to connect to Bushnell Excursions. These bino's don't have a normal attachment

r106
03-27-2014, 12:12 PM

Might be hard to see in this pic but it shows the style attachment

Moe.JKU
03-27-2014, 12:21 PM
the bushnell deluxe strap work great on my elites. I would imagine that it would fit on the ones you have. It looks like the metal clip on the side will swivel out and you can attach it to that.

huntingtime
03-27-2014, 12:26 PM
I had to order new objective lens caps for my Bushnell elite's (They both fell off on my first hunt with these Bino's). Anyways I asked a few outdoor shops and none of them stocked something like that. Then called Bushnell they would not do anything over the phone but told me to fill out this form http://bushnell.com/global/customer-service/parts-order-forms/binocular-parts and mail in my request with five bucks or something like that. I filled sent it in a couple months ago but have yet to hear from them. Good luck

r106
03-27-2014, 12:28 PM
the bushnell deluxe strap work great on my elites. I would imagine that it would fit on the ones you have. It looks like the metal clip on the side will swivel out and you can attach it to that.

There's no metal clip that folds out. I'll take some better picks and post them

decker9
03-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Hey howdy, do the little round clip's happen to look like this?
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w411/decker1122/4BD58EC5-2D95-459C-A5E5-4532BEB0A29E_zpsycutcyqk.jpg (http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/decker1122/media/4BD58EC5-2D95-459C-A5E5-4532BEB0A29E_zpsycutcyqk.jpg.html)
If so, I can prolly help ya out!

Everett
03-27-2014, 04:57 PM
If Decker can't help you I might be able to had some of those things lying around from some exscursions I had. They pissed me off till I sent them back to Bushnell and told them if they didn't upgrade me to better binos I would lose my mind. They sent me some legends for the cost of shipping they sucked to and now live under the seat in my truck.

r106
03-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Hey howdy, do the little round clip's happen to look like this?
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w411/decker1122/4BD58EC5-2D95-459C-A5E5-4532BEB0A29E_zpsycutcyqk.jpg (http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/decker1122/media/4BD58EC5-2D95-459C-A5E5-4532BEB0A29E_zpsycutcyqk.jpg.html)
If so, I can prolly help ya out!

Yes those are exactly what I'm looking for.

But on closer inspection of the Bino's it look as though I also broke the piece that the strap clips into on the Bino's as well. So I will have to send them to Bushnell for repair. So I will try dealing with them on it. Maybe see if they will upgrade to the normal style.

Thanks for the offer and i will PM you if I don't get anywhere with Bushnell

r106
03-27-2014, 07:24 PM
If Decker can't help you I might be able to had some of those things lying around from some exscursions I had. They pissed me off till I sent them back to Bushnell and told them if they didn't upgrade me to better binos I would lose my mind. They sent me some legends for the cost of shipping they sucked to and now live under the seat in my truck.

Thanks for the offer and the info. Ya there stupid system very bad design. But I do like the glass for what I paid for them. Is the glass better on the legends? What was there turn around time???

frenchbar
03-27-2014, 07:29 PM
i had the same pair..and everything that could fall apart and break did ...i thought the glass wasnt 2 bad for the 150 bucks i paid for them .

r106
03-27-2014, 07:44 PM
i had the same pair..and everything that could fall apart and break did ...i thought the glass wasnt 2 bad for the 150 bucks i paid for them .

Thats just it there not great but they have decent glass for the price. I got mine for the same price 5-6 years ago and would have to spend 3 times that now to get equal glass. But I guess the rest of the bino's would stay together. lol

I just talked to Mikeboehm and he had the same problem and said Bushnell would send out a DIY kit to fix. That should only tale 2 weeks. Maybe squeak a season or 2 out of them before upgrading. At least get me through bear season

frenchbar
03-27-2014, 07:49 PM
mine just sit in my jeep glove box and thats where they stay .

Steeleco
03-27-2014, 07:50 PM

Bought my son a pair of the EX like that a couple years back for Xmas, having the same issue as yourself. Proven to be a real PITA finding parts. I'll be watching to see how you make out.

BCBear
03-27-2014, 07:57 PM
I used some jb weld and they held up for a season more jiggling around.. a newer set of Bushnells I bought came with an extra set in the box-- so they are well aware of the problem. Another member on here sent his in and got a replacement free, pita though.

Everett
03-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the offer and the info. Ya there stupid system very bad design. But I do like the glass for what I paid for them. Is the glass better on the legends? What was there turn around time???

Turn around time was around 3 months with me being aggressive with them. I honestly don't think the legends were that much better in the glass but they were easier to use but my memories are a couple years old.
Had look an can't find them in the junk gear pile. If Decker can't help I will try and look in my desk but the very idea scares me.

decker9
03-27-2014, 10:14 PM

But on closer inspection of the Bino's it look as though I also broke the piece that the strap clips into on the Bino's as well. So I will have to send them to Bushnell for repair. So I will try dealing with them on it. Maybe see if they will upgrade to the normal style.

Thanks for the offer and i will PM you if I don't get anywhere with Bushnell

Hey no problem, I had some elites for the last 6 years. The harnes clips wore out within 2 years, and just recently the focus nob fell off lol, so ya I won't be needing this strap, if you can use it your welcome to it. Cheers.

r106
04-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Thats just it there not great but they have decent glass for the price. I got mine for the same price 5-6 years ago and would have to spend 3 times that now to get equal glass. But I guess the rest of the bino's would stay together. lol

I just talked to Mikeboehm and he had the same problem and said Bushnell would send out a DIY kit to fix. That should only tale 2 weeks. Maybe squeak a season or 2 out of them before upgrading. At least get me through bear season

Bought my son a pair of the EX like that a couple years back for Xmas, having the same issue as yourself. Proven to be a real PITA finding parts. I'll be watching to see how you make out.

So I called Bushnell about a week and half ago told them the problem. They said I could send them in or they could send me the parts, free and no shipping. I said send me the parts. They arrived today and I fixed them in 5 minutes. So if your having the same problem just call the they are well aware of the problem and will send you parts for free.

Thanks Mike for the tip now I'm ready for Bear season. Also thanks to Decker9 and Everet for offering to help me out.

Steeleco
04-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the tip, since my last post I've found the receptacle is also broken, I'll have to call and see what they tell me I can do about that.

M.Dean
04-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Hey, I've got the same Bino's, and had the same problem, a couple of times!!! I took some of the Wifes beading wire, kind of threaded it a round and a round through the tiny hole in the Bino Clip body, and each time wrapped it through the strap. hasn't broke in 3 years, so I'd sooner do that than put on the same useless clip idea they came up with!

r106
04-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the tip, since my last post I've found the receptacle is also broken, I'll have to call and see what they tell me I can do about that.

Mine too. They will send you the parts to fix the receptacle on the bino's as well as the piece for the strap. They sent me extras so I replaced both pieces on the Bino's as well as the piece on the the strap. Takes 5 min to fix