PDA

View Full Version : Alberta wild boar hunts

longshotz
03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
If you've actually (first hand knowledge)hunted them I would like to get some info from you; PM if that suits you better. In any case whatever you have will be welcomed, but please only those who have "been there, done that" thank you.
So far the best option seems the "canned" hunts so for the time being that is what we will be planning. If you have done one of these let me know either by PM or a general post; whichever works for you.
Hog Wild Specialties seems to come up in my research so if you've gone there what is your take on it?
Photos if you've got them.

longshotz
03-27-2014, 11:11 AM
:oops:OK OK. Now that we have all had our fun perhaps there is someone out there who has hunted these wild boars and would like to give me some advice.

backcountrybowhunter
03-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Check out savage encounters. I'm thinking about going with them this year

Ferenc
03-27-2014, 10:06 PM
I have seen two that were harvested..one was up Vance rd by Cultus lake...and another in Columbia Valley further up....first generation escaped hogs from the farm.

deer nut
03-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Id be interested too, please let us know what you find out!

reach
03-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Make sure you get the scull mounted

srupp
03-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Ha ha ha you guys made my day..no month..some quick wit, humour, obvious comand of the english language and good natured fun.
There are wild pigs west of the fraser river here in the cariboo..apparantly one gent has harvested 4 of the critters....if so that would indicate they are doing fine...looking forward to chatting with him soon

Srupp

s0ylentgreen
03-28-2014, 09:23 PM
hey man
i actually went north of grande prairie a couple weeks ago for razorbacks
if you want, PM me your email and we can talk further.

huntwriter
03-30-2014, 10:44 PM
If you've actually (first hand knowledge)hunted them I would like to get some info from you; PM if that suits you better. In any case whatever you have will be welcomed, but please only those who have "been there, done that" thank you.
So far the best option seems the "canned" hunts so for the time being that is what we will be planning. If you have done one of these let me know either by PM or a general post; whichever works for you.
Hog Wild Specialties seems to come up in my research so if you've gone there what is your take on it?

Hog hunting can be very challenging at the best of times. If you never hunted these critters before it is best to go with an outfitter to learn how to hunt them and gain experience. Besides the one outfitter you mentioned have a look at Silvertine Hog Hunting. You have to book early as they are quickly booked out. P.S. Not all hog outfitters are "canned" hunts, as in small cage. Some fenced areas are several hundred square acres in size.

If you have any more hog hunting questions PM me.

Hope this helps and best of luck...remember hog hunting can get quickly addictive. :)

James M
04-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Hogwild Specialties would be your best bet. I was just there a week ago. To be totally honest....it's the furthest thing from hunting. A fenced forest with farm raised hogs in it. My pig took a whole 15 minutes to find and kill. After the first shot they become as crazy as a bat out of hell though. Our group of 4 got 3 hogs and the 4th one actually managed to escape the enclosure because the top strands of the fence were bent down far enough that he got over it and became a free ranging boar. Although it's not hunting, the meat is fantastic.
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/urban_samsquanch/1980144_10152057845881973_1087278182_o_zps06160b30 .jpg

Lillypuff
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Shot one 5 plus years ago in Keg River Alberta on the old air strip.

Steeleco
04-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Maybe now the title has been fixed, we can get some good answers to a good question.