PDA

View Full Version : 7-28 Moose Any Help Appreciated .........

03-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Hello, tough one here ........ but I guess it is what this cite is about.

Could I ask for any ones help ( advise ) on a possible MU 7-28 Moose hunt. Willing to swap info on many other locations and species.

Please PM me as I'm not looking for any one to expose their secret spots.

3 guys in their mid 50's and 1 over 60 .

Any help is appreciated

CT

Papa Sasquatch
03-26-2014, 05:18 PM
No big secret, last fall the moose held back a little. forget the calendar... keep on eye on the thermometer

.330 Dakota
03-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Tchentlo Lake, nice rec site, lots of moose up Rottaker Rd,,,theres a little lake and a huge meadow around it. I was in there 3 years ago on a spring griz hunt and saw a ton of moose,,no griz,,dangit

kayjayess
03-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Hey guys. Anyone than can, please help curly top out. He helped me out a few years back and is definitely one of the good guys.

I would love love to pass along anything to help but haven't hunted the area.

I hope you get some get info and good luck this fall Howard.

03-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the kind words Kyle .......

Only been through the area on way to Inginika ........ (nasty place some # of years ago). I liked the looks of the Nation Lakes area but that was 30 + yrs ago.

Thanks for any help from any one

CT

GoatGuy
03-26-2014, 07:56 PM
fire sitkaspruce a pm. tchentlo is a good starting point. Nation lakes looks very moosey from the air.

todbartell
03-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Nation Lakes area should have some moose, I seen some in the spring a few years back when bear hunting. Bring a bear tag or two! Chuchi lake, lots of clear cuts with good browse

Piperdown
03-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Hey Little How sounds like a motley crew :wink:

Foxtail
03-27-2014, 11:27 PM
We have taken the jet boat up the river and have taken quite a few moose out of there. Tried hunting the lake but it was too much pressure I think. Moose on the shore would spot us a mile away and bolt. I would have to look at a map as I haven't been into that area in a few years. Do you have a boat?

2tins
03-28-2014, 03:52 AM
We've taken moose out of the Phillips Lakes area. Good moose country but its been a few years and I think the main road getting in and out of the area is a mine main haul road. I would have a truck radio going in there just to be on the safe side. Good luck.

Striksfromabove
03-28-2014, 11:55 PM
It"s not rocket science. Get on Google Earth and check for fresh blocks, then drive in lace up the boots, leave the quad on the trailer and crawl into the places where you think moose would like to hang out. Can't count the number of quad/truck hunters we have met over the years who have been frustrated by lack of game sightings. There is moose all over that MU, you just have to be willing to step into the forest to find them.

Striksfromabove
03-29-2014, 12:09 AM
It"s not rocket science. Get on Google Earth and check for fresh blocks, then drive in lace up the boots, leave the quad on the trailer and crawl into the places where you think moose would like to hang out. Can't count the number of quad/truck hunters we have met over the years who have been frustrated by lack of game sightings. There is moose all over that MU, you just have to be willing to step into the forest to find them.

SingleShot
03-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Oh crap! All these years and I thought rocket science and moose hunting were one and the same. Back to the drawing board....

SingleShot
03-29-2014, 07:22 AM
PM sent CT. Good luck.

talkiemuir
03-29-2014, 02:02 PM
CT, check out my "moose hunt 2013" post, then pm me if you want more details.