PDA

View Full Version : lack of courtecy...

ratherbefishin
03-26-2014, 08:17 AM
we were out yesterday and pulled the crab traps-or tried to pull the crab trap.It took us both to haul the trap.A commercial guy had laid his string RIGHT ALONG SIDE and fouled the line.Coincidence?-maybe-but OUR trap had been picked,the zap strap that we use to secure the top was missing...I was willing to cut the guys line to his string right there,but thats stooping to his level.But why do commercial guys think they have a right to do stuff like that?Its just about impossable to pull a trap that has been fouled with a commercial string of traps ...

Onesock
03-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Because they are making a living and you are doing it for FUN. Or at least that's what they think.

Shade Tree
03-26-2014, 09:13 AM
You see it all the time....IQ deficient individuals, who think they have a right of ownership....no different than guys steeling trail cams or blinds.....because they live there and you're an outsider....

Phreddy
03-27-2014, 08:19 PM
SNIP! Problem solved for you and for the next guy this slob might try to screw. Bet he would get the idea if enough folks followed suit.

fuzzybiscuit
03-27-2014, 09:57 PM
It happens all the time when Prawn fishing. Snip. Snip.

I don't believe in getting even. I like to be one up.

albravo2
03-27-2014, 10:09 PM
It happens all the time when Prawn fishing. Snip. Snip.

I don't believe in getting even. I like to be one up.

x100 a bit of snipper-justice is due.

Ringo 7MM
03-27-2014, 10:41 PM
If he steals from you, then you get to steal from him, plain and simple.

Fincat
03-28-2014, 09:09 PM
When I put me prawn traps down and see one of the commercial guys around I sip over with me boat and wright down his number
And make sure he see you doing that. I have never had a problem with me traps. ( touch wood)
I have heard of lots of guys complaining of exact same problem as you.

03-29-2014, 10:25 AM
They dont care that we ( Public ) lay out our traps, they will lay right over them. Find some room and put them else where ........ or find the consequences .... they are doing it for a living and do not care. I've been doing my own crabbing and prawning my life of over 50 and seen it all. I will not leave an area any more, I need to see them the entire time or I dont set them. Lost many many traps over the years. Been raided to many times to count. remember its a privilege to do what we we do ... not a right.
Enjoy the haul when ya find and get some.

CT