PDA

View Full Version : Tactics

two-feet
03-25-2014, 06:58 PM
So say a guy has several areas in which to hunt over a week or two, how much "rest" (if any) do you give each area after hunting it for the day?

boxhitch
03-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Which species ?
Some you can scare up in the a.m. and get another chance in the p.m.
How much disturbance ?
Busy road hunters drive by bucks and bulls all day , they don't go far.

REMINGTON JIM
03-25-2014, 09:34 PM
So say a guy has several areas in which to hunt over a week or two, how much "rest" (if any) do you give each area after hunting it for the day?

Depends on what your hunting - how much pressure by other hunters - some game will move till there in another province - some won't - some will stay hidden - sometimes pressure is good to keep game moving around ! :wink: RJ

Chopper
03-25-2014, 10:16 PM
I pound Blacktail spots during the rut ... but I try and leave a small foot print

two-feet
03-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Moose. I have a couple spots, some right beside busy roads and some very remote. And I am at the point now that when I have to piss I feel it should be in a bottle. My dad always figured 2 days between hunts in a specific area, just seeing what others feel.

Hillbros_96
03-26-2014, 06:04 AM
In high pressure alberta, it depended on what I saw. If there was an animal there that I wanted and I spooked it I would back out for as long as possible. If I did not see anything or spooked something i was not interested in I would go back until I either kill what I wanted or got board there. I was also big on scent control, so I kept disturbance to a minimum.

M.Dean
03-26-2014, 06:32 AM
Hunt the area where you've seen the most Game, No? Yes!

pescado
03-26-2014, 08:52 AM
If the game is there and you want it, you have to hunt it. If you don't someone else will. Put yourself in good positions and hopefully the game make a mistake.

sawmill
03-26-2014, 10:10 AM
I have one real good spot and I will hunt it every day,morning and evening.I always get a dandy buck there but sometimes it takes a month.