PDA

View Full Version : Labrador Retriever Pups, rainbow litter, CKC Reg'd

firegirl
03-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Labrador Retriever Pups, CKC reg'd, rainbow litter, born March 25th, 2014, American/Field variety, champion bloodlines, hips/elbows/eye checked all good, pickup approx May 18th, Stud is black & Dam is yellow, $1200, call Kelly 604-832-2544
* trying to upload photos & pedigree
Check out the sire on his webpage: dudleytheduckdeliverydog all health checks and pedigree listed!!!

FirePower
03-25-2014, 05:40 PM
You would probably do well to include a short pedigree and list of clearances and of course photos, we love puppy photos lol.

steveo
03-25-2014, 05:43 PM
If I did buy one how long would it take to get papers for the puppy?

shallowH2O
03-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Can you post some pictures of the parents?

FirePower
03-25-2014, 05:59 PM
If I did buy one how long would it take to get papers for the puppy?

The CKC can be very slow, it is not uncommon to have to wait quite a period of time for the papers to be processed. The breeder must first register the litter which should be done soon after birth, when when the individual applications are returned the puppies can be registered individually. Another factor is when all the puppies are sold. Breeders usually wait to do the individual registrations and transfer of all the puppies at once. This also means that they may have to wait for all the purchasers to decide on 3 choices of a registered name for the puppies unless the breeder insists on naming them which is seldom the case. This is not always the case to be sure but is quite common. When I purchased my last spaniel from a very reputable breeder on this site it took about 5 mos from the pups date of birth.

steveo
03-25-2014, 08:53 PM
My dog is 20 months old with no papers at hand and no info as to when it will happen. Is the CKC really this much of a special unit to deal with or is it certain breeds that tend to get the process derailed.

firegirl
03-25-2014, 10:26 PM
I will be registering the pups Friday and then once you are named the owner I forward the paperwork online to CKC and its however long their procesing time is but I will contact them tomorrow and confirm how long it takes once they receive the information to send out the CKC registration certificate and get back to you.

firegirl
03-25-2014, 10:30 PM
ok to view photos of the sire and all certificates and pedigree you can check out his webpage at dudleytheduckdeliverydog and I will try to upload photos of the dam along with pedigree information for those interested

Foxton Gundogs
03-26-2014, 08:19 AM
My dog is 20 months old with no papers at hand and no info as to when it will happen. Is the CKC really this much of a special unit to deal with or is it certain breeds that tend to get the process derailed.

Nope at that age it is on the breeders head, I tell people to expect up to 6 months but it seldom takes that long. call the CKC ask for the Registration Div. have all your info ready Breeder, sire, dam, date whelped date purchased etcthey will be able to help you.

CKC- 1 416 675-5511
the best time to call is between 6 and 7 am our time.
Good luck

Foxton Gundogs
03-28-2014, 07:16 PM

You may find this of interest.

Animal Pedigree Act ( 1985, c. 8 (4th Supp.)
Full Document for Printing [131Kb] (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/A-11.2/index.html)

PUREBRED STATUS
30. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the determination of what is a purebred of a distinct breed shall be in accordance with the by-laws of the association incorporated in respect of that distinct breed.

Minimum inheritance
(2) No association may, by its by-laws, determine that an animal is a purebred of a distinct breed if the animal has less than seven-eighths of its inheritance from the foundation stock of the animal’s breed or from animals previously registered as purebreds by the association.

OFFENCES

No person shall keep records
63. (1) Except as authorized by this Act, where an association is authorized by this Act to register or identify animals of a distinct breed or evolving breed, no person shall keep pedigrees in respect of animals of that distinct breed or evolving breed or issue any document purporting to evidence that a particular animal is of that distinct breed or evolving breed or so closely resembling a certificate of registration, or certificate of identification, as the case may be, that it would likely be mistaken for such a certificate.
No person shall issue document
(2) No person shall issue in respect of any animal any document of any kind likely to deceive the public into believing that the document is a certificate of registration or certificate of identification in respect of the animal or that the animal is registered or identified under the authority of this Act.

PROHIBITIONS
64.No person shall
( a ) knowingly sign or present, or cause or procure to be signed or presented, to a recording officer of any association or of the Corporation any declaration or application in relation to the registration, identification or transfer of ownership of any animal, semen or embryo that contains any material false statement or representation;
( b ) knowingly represent that a certificate of registration or certificate of identification applies to an animal other than the one in respect of which it was issued;
( c ) knowingly represent that a semen certificate or embryo certificate applies to any semen or embryo other than the semen or embryo in respect of which it was issued;
( d ) falsify or alter any certificate of registration, certificate of identification, semen certificate or embryo certificate;
( e ) without an express statement that the animal’s registration or identification is from a jurisdiction other than Canada, offer to sell, contract to sell or sell, as registered or identified, or as eligible to be registered or identified, within or outside the meaning of this Act, any animal that is not registered or identified, or eligible to be registered or identified;
( f ) offer to sell, contract to sell or sell, as recorded, or as eligible to be recorded, in the books of any association, or of the Corporation, any semen or embryo that is not recorded or eligible to be recorded in those books;
( g ) knowingly offer to sell, contract to sell or sell any animal in a manner that is likely to create an erroneous impression that the animal is registered or eligible to be registered;
( h ) offer to sell, contract to sell or sell, as a purebred of a breed, any animal that is not registered or eligible to be registered as a purebred by the association authorized to register animals of that breed or by the Corporation;
( i ) without an express statement that the animal’s registration, identification or status as a purebred is from a jurisdiction other than Canada, offer to sell, contract to sell or sell, as registered or identified, or as a purebred, any animal for which there is no individual identification in accordance with the by-laws of the association that has registered or identified the animal; and
( j ) without an express statement that the animal’s registration, identification or status as a purebred is from a jurisdiction other than Canada and that the animal will not be registered or identified in Canada by the person, sell, as registered or identified, or as eligible to be registered or identified, or as a purebred, any animal without providing to the buyer thereof within six months after the sale the animal’s duly transferred certificate of registration or certificate of identification.
Unlawful use of names
65. No person shall, without lawful authority, use the name of the Corporation or the name of any association or any name so clearly resembling the name of the Corporation or the name of an association in a manner that is likely to deceive the public.
Offence and punishment
66. (1) Any person who contravenes any provision of this Act or the regulations
( a ) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding twenty-five thousand dollars; or
( b ) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand dollars

kinderdoggin
04-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Hey Firegirl, you could probably just link your female's OFA page or input her pedigree into www.k9data.com or www.huntinglabpedigree.com if you are having trouble uploading photos of her pedigree or clearances. Even listing her clearance numbers would be helpful for potential buyers as they will be able to verify them. Good luck with the puppies!

Foxton Gundogs
04-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Hey Firegirl, you could probably just link your female's OFA page or input her pedigree into www.k9data.com (http://www.k9data.com) or www.huntinglabpedigree.com (http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com) if you are having trouble uploading photos of her pedigree or clearances. Even listing her clearance numbers would be helpful for potential buyers as they will be able to verify them. Good luck with the puppies!

Exactly, that's important info that all potential buyers want to(or should want to) know.

Islandeer
04-03-2014, 09:49 PM
We have two beautiful little pups left. Introduced them today to feathers with the expected enthusiastic results. Pups will be off to their hunting and trialing homes April 28th. Litter is registered, Sire and Dam have all clearances. rosie's pedigree can be viewed on huntinglabpedigree.com.

Type in diamonds and roses, her mom was Brentwood Gem. Follow the line back to Kerrybrook.

these are what you are looking for. 250 652 4879 PM for litter pics

hyperactive24
04-10-2014, 01:28 AM
Im still looking for a yellow male lab. Searched for months now, most breeder lists are full and any cancellations ended up being females no males. Open to having the puppy shipped at this point would be nice to find a breeder that has one thats in BC but not a deal breaker. Thanks for any help!

Kasomor
04-11-2014, 12:54 PM

NO! The Canadian Kennel Club is not to blame if you do not have your registration certificate in hand within 6 months of purchasing your pup. It is NOT 6 months from birth it is 6 months from purchase date.

My last litter was artificial insemination from a dead sire in the USA and health testing was being done on the pups. All kinds of paper work to fill out for that. The litter was not registered until the pups were 12 weeks old. ALL the owners still received their certificates within 6 months of purchase date. Even the one in the Netherlands!!

If you do not have your dogs certificate within 6 months of purchase date it is the BREEDER who is leading you down the garden path... or plainly has ripped you off.

If you bought the dog from an advertizement on this site I would first out them here, second report them to one of the Administrator of HBC so they can not rip off anyone else on here in the future, then I would register an official complaint with the CKC.

YES, the CKC takes these kind of complaints seriously. Seriously, it isn't a breed thing, it is a unethical breeder thing. The CKC publishes who has been fined, banned and why. It is an interesting read for sure.

If the breeder is not a CKC member it does not matter, CKC will still investigate and you may still get your dog registered in the end. Hopefully when you picked up your pup you were given proof of who the parents are...copies of their reg. certificates, health clearances, pups pedigree, etc... and that they are indeed CKC registered.

The breeder will be fined and banned from CKC events for a period of time.... usually two years but depends on what the CKC decides.

Please do not just let this go and chalk it up to a bad luck. It isn't. You have been mislead, ripped off and it taints breeders who are doing it right!! Please pursue it.

All the best

Kasomor NSDTR

steveo
04-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the informative answer Kasomor, I will not be chalking this up to bad luck as I did that with my lab of 13 years and it will not happen again. The breeder did advertise on this site and especially for that fact they will be revealed. A fellow HBC member, Cami has the brother to my dog and is in the same boat I am in, a leaky boat with no dog papers. I want to thank Foxton gundogs and others for their help in this matter and in the interest of good CKC breeders and future dog buyers I will carry this through until I get justice. I don't know the motive for this blatant lack of respect for the dog owners or why the disregard for the trust the buyers gave the breeder to be professional and fair. All I know is my dog is now part of my family and if any one wants to be disrespectful to a family member of mine you better grit your teeth and bite down hard because you have a fight coming. I will start another thread with any more updates.

Mtn Man
04-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Are any of these dogs available? Looking for a female. Thanks