PDA

View Full Version : Bush roads near greater Vancouver

Deerwhacker
02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Resently i have been on a couple of the logging roads near greater vasncouver looking for a place to shoot. Everywhere I go is a garbage dump ,I was at sylvester road shooting off all my factory amo and retrieving the brass (now that im getting into handloading) and on the way to the gravel pitt i seen at least three piles of garbage that take up half the road. That is just regular garbage too not to mention all the pot growers garbage. Anyway what can be done to stop all this crap? What i think would work is to gate these roads off and sell a key for around 20$ .I believe that this would decrease the garbade tremendously due to the fact that these people would not bother with going through the process of getting a key.this would also help with all the stolin car garbage littered everywhere on these roads too.

lip_ripper00
02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I have heard Herrison west is gated sometimes just for this reason:mad:

The Dawg
02-19-2007, 07:57 PM
I agree...I was up sylvester recently and the amount of spent shells and garbage is disgusting....something needs to be done or we are going to lose it all....

bsa30-06
02-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Harrison east is a garbage dump as well, there is everything from junked stolen car scraps to deep freezes dumped up there.These kind of people make me sick.

Steeleco
02-19-2007, 08:03 PM
They used to have a century posted at the end of the pavement to Sylvester road, didn't stop a thing. I once talked to a resident that said the best bear hunting is down on the flats of Stave lake, but don't dare leave your vehicle the wrong side of the gate by Davis lake!!

BCLongshot
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
I agree it's bad but it's been that way since I started going up to those places 30 yrs ago.

It will get worse with the population increasing and until we have houses there...right ?

Tarp Man
02-19-2007, 10:02 PM
You guys are shooting on logging roads as though they are your local range? If you are getting into handloading, it seems to be general consensus that you should be using a chronograph and shooting off a bench for accuracy and consistency purposes. Not only that, with a sport that is losing public support by the boatload, you would think that using backroads and logging roads for your personal shooting range is only going to complicate the issue? If you are in the GVRD or FVRD there are a few different ranges you can purchase membership for. The benefits are obvious. It is the way in which you refer to backroads as shooting ranges that makes my hair stand on end. Not only that, but what's to distinguish you from the lowlifes that do the same, minus picking up their empties?

jordanpeters
02-20-2007, 12:53 AM
if half the people who went out to stave or sylvester road picked up a little trash each time its would help alot too. I always try to clean up a little whenever im up there, spent hour and a half picking up spent shotgun shells tires and cans last time i was at the gravel pit. just remember evey little bit helps. the more people who do this the longer we will be able to enjoy it in these places

hunter1947
02-20-2007, 05:37 AM
I think if they gated up the roads it would be a great idea ,and if you want to go back into these roads you have to sign out a key and return it after you have come out ,just my two cents worth http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif hunter47.

harder rd
02-20-2007, 11:52 AM
putting gates up may work but if they go up they will never come down. be careful what you wish for. co's seem to be able to catch a hunter on his quad with a clip on his gun, and a fisher man with a barbed hook . So maybe thay should be looking for garbage dumpers too. just a thought