PDA

View Full Version : Quality boots in smithers, Prince George, or quesnel?

Skull Hunter
03-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Looking for a top end pair of boots (would really like some meindls) in one of these towns. Can anyone recommend a good store that might have what I'm looking for? I've already tried wholesale and nechako. Thanks!

shallowH2O
03-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Maybe a store in down town prince call thin air. Think that is the name of it. Think its on 4th ave

300rum700
03-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Call fishers hardwear in vernon hes good to deal with.

swampthing
03-23-2014, 10:39 AM
The wild life is the store on 4th. Decent store. Everything was 40% of a couple weeks ago. I think lowa is there high end boot

warnniklz
03-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Outdoor Essentials, Valhalla Pure

Gateholio
03-23-2014, 11:12 AM
In Smithers is Van Gorkum custom boots. Might be retired now, but his boots are the onlyu ones I've ever been able to just slide my foot into. Theyare also expensive. :)

REMINGTON JIM
03-23-2014, 11:24 AM
YUP ! Van Gorkum boots were custom made to fit YOUR feet ! :) RJ

chris26262
03-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Call fishers hardwear in vernon hes good to deal with.
Buyer beware! Of Larry Fisher. My good hunting buddy was burned by him. My buddy was getting ready for a sheep hunt and was looking for boots. Larry spent a good bit of time making sure he got a good fitting boot and based on Larry s recommendation went with Meindel islanders. So he left fisher s hardware not just with a pair of new boots but bought swarovski HD spotter with a few accessories. So to say the least he dropped some big money that day. So now my buddy wears these boots on his 8 day sheep hunt. My buddies 240lbs and 6'4... His boots after the hunt have blown out. Seams separated and rand pulled apart. Now these were the boots Larry recommended. So my buddy heads into Fisher s hardware and tells Larry what happened after one trip... My buddy was looking to warranty them or get them replaced. Well Larry said leave it with me. A few days later Larry talks to my buddy and tells him he s talked to his buddies and they figured out what he was up to... They figure he bought this pair of boots years ago and now he s trying to get a second pair of new ones with the newer recite. So Larry was t going to honour the return or the exchange or warranty them. After all that money he spent there Larry treats him like a crook!!! So you know who stepped up for my buddy. AJ brooks warrantied the boots for him. They had nothing invested in him. They didn't ow him anything. So long story short. Larry I'm sure is good guy has great gear in his shop. But be warned!!!!

Skull Hunter
03-24-2014, 08:42 AM
I've never really had problems with production boots, so I can't really see myself spending the extra on the van gorkums. I'd love to get down to fishers, but that's just not practical for me right now. I'll try the wildlife tomorrow and see what they have.

Skull Hunter
03-27-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks again for all of the replies. I got a pair of Lowa Extreme Hunter GTX from The Wild Life for 40% off. As mentioned, everything in the store is 40% off, so if you're looking for anything head over there. Service was great too!

2tins
03-27-2014, 05:47 PM
The "Wild Life" in Prince George sells Lowa boots. In my very humble opinion, they are the best boots in the whole entire world.

Krico
03-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Got a new pair of Lowa Tibet Pro GTX there a couple weeks ago for 40% off, great deal. Nice boots.