PDA

View Full Version : 7-38 Snow/Road Conditions??

emerson
03-22-2014, 04:52 PM
I have a grizz draw in 7-38 and will be heading up for blackies also, probably right after May long. I was up into 7-39 2 years ago around the same time but was a week too early to make it over the pass. Just looking for current conditions and updates as it gets closer. Thanks to anyone that knows how snow and roads are up there.

.330 Dakota
03-22-2014, 05:25 PM
I hunted 7-28 a few years ago and it was May 20th weekend,,,I couldnt get through to Germanson from Takla,,too much snow and didnt see any griz at all

junkyard_g
03-23-2014, 12:03 PM
its been a fairly cool march up here in mackenzie, still lotsa snow. don't think it will be an early spring. i'll likely do a scouting trip up there mid may. loggers will likely start moving equipment up there around the start of June so keep that in mind as far as extra traffic goes but probably won't be hauling logs during bear season.

emerson
03-23-2014, 04:29 PM
its been a fairly cool march up here in mackenzie, still lotsa snow. don't think it will be an early spring. i'll likely do a scouting trip up there mid may. loggers will likely start moving equipment up there around the start of June so keep that in mind as far as extra traffic goes but probably won't be hauling logs during bear season.
Roger that. If you get up there please let us know how things look. Thanks.

moosinaround
03-23-2014, 04:42 PM
you in canfors woods division up there junkyard?
up the akie?

Rackmastr
03-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Keep an eye on the Manson creek weather forecast and the camera they have at the store there. I found it good for seeing what the weather was doing and how the snow melt looked.

Fun area to hunt for sure, and I'd say your timing is right with later in May (after May long). End of May and beginning of June seems about right most years.

swampthing
03-23-2014, 05:57 PM
I would guess the road would be open right up to the old shop at the big junction, before the pass. I might take a run up early may just to have a peak. Will be headin in 7-39 as soon as the road is plowed.

junkyard_g
03-23-2014, 07:29 PM
In a woodlands dept up here yup;-). this winter the nation, manson, and finlay have been kept open all winter. Osilinka wasn't, assuming the north road up to germansen was but i doubt they went any further.

Will let people know as i find out whats open. its my first spring up here so dont really know what the norms would be for being able to access certain areas.