PDA

View Full Version : Wader Sizes

mrdale
03-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Can someone please explain wader sizes to me 9-13 sizes, are they based on shoe size? if so how big would u go to accommodate insoles, and layering sox?

mrdale
03-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Also has anyone usedBogg Togg 2Ply Rubber BtfootI am thinking about picking a pair up

russm
03-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Go try some on and see what fits, you'll get a better idea of what's out there, I personally prefer my waders not to have the boots attached.

mrdale
03-14-2014, 06:18 PM
I am considering them, because they are on sale for 50 bucks

Big Lew
03-14-2014, 06:21 PM
Go try some on and see what fits, you'll get a better idea of what's out there, I personally prefer my waders not to have the boots attached.

x2....if you're planning on using a float tube or similar devise needing flippers, it's better not to have the booted waders.

russm
03-14-2014, 06:30 PM
The booted ones I tried rubbed and dug into my legs where the boot meets the wader, not the most comfortable of situations if you do any sort of hike in them, they'd do the job for a pair to get you started.

Mikey Rafiki
03-14-2014, 06:36 PM
x2....if you're planning on using a float tube or similar devise needing flippers, it's better not to have the booted waders.

Yes. Your fishing style will dictate what you need. Year round glacier and snow fed rivers require me to use the booted waders, although at the most I just wear light socks underneath. This allows a snug fit so you can wear some decent shoes/boots while waking around. My feet don't get cold but I do walk around every hour or two to keep limber.

russm
03-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Lol I usually where boxers and socks in mine , sockeye fishing in August with jeans on inside of neoprenes gets a little swampy but you'll only do it once haha.

Mikey Rafiki
03-14-2014, 06:49 PM
To clarify, I do wear undergarments too (no commando) :) But the waders are too snug to fit much else. I also wear lightweight cargo pants and a belt outside so I can wear my knife sheaths and hide my skinny calves. I've also used the waders to cross rivers into road closure hunting areas but they get ditched on the shore.

Foxton Gundogs
03-18-2014, 06:33 PM
I take a size 10/10.5 EE A have felt insoles and wear heavy sox my 10.5s. My winter cold weather waterfowl waders are size 11.5, I put felt pak snowmobile boot liners in them and they are comfortable.

longstonec
03-18-2014, 06:51 PM
50$ waders will often let water into all sorts of terrible places.
"stocking foot" the ones without big rubber boots attached are generaly the most comfortable to wear!

russm
03-18-2014, 07:15 PM
I picked up a pair of BARE "clearwater" neoprenes last season when my othe pair of BARES got ripped off from my patio, they're warm,comfy, have a waterproof zipper chest pocket and a hand warmer pocket, I payed around $150, been pretty happy with the BARE products so far....

longstonec
03-18-2014, 07:23 PM
I wish they made waders with a fly. ( I know they do... but I cant afford 750$ :-( )

TSW
03-19-2014, 12:42 AM
IMO breathable waders are the only way to go if you've got the $. Summer or winter. I have both neoprene and breathables and my neoprene waders collect dust. In the winter I just layer up underneath a bit more...just as warm as the neoprenes but without the moisture trapped inside. Obviously if budget is a concern then get what you can afford that will get you out and doing what you want to do. I started with a budget pair and they got me going just fine.
To the OP, yeah some are based on shoe size...each brand can be drastically different in fit in my experience...I don't think I'd buy waders without being able to try them on first.

nano
03-26-2014, 09:16 PM
I picked up a pair of BARE "clearwater" neoprenes last season when my othe pair of BARES got ripped off from my patio, they're warm,comfy, have a waterproof zipper chest pocket and a hand warmer pocket, I payed around $150, been pretty happy with the BARE products so far....

X....2 also when you are trying on waders that do not come with boots make sure you try on a pare of wading boots. The last thing you want are boots that are too tight or way to loose.