PDA

View Full Version : Hunting wolves in Region 5 and 7

Lucas269
03-13-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm wanting to get out and do a bit of wolf hunting while I have a chance. I only got to go out once this fall for deer and so I didn't get to scout much for any wolf sign this year. Ill probably go out and look aroud this weekend but in the meantime has anyone seen much wolf sign in the prince George to Williams lake area(or farther even)?

Also if anyone has some cool wolf hunting pictures or stories from this past year they want to share, I always like seeing them.

Ps. I've been lurking on here for a very long time but just recently decided to make an account and start posting.

tigrr
03-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Lucas you need to go to wolftracker.ca and send the boss a email stating who you are and such. Then you get in the site and see where wolf sightings were.
Take it from there.

todbartell
03-13-2014, 08:48 PM
welcome to HBC

Lucas269
03-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Lucas you need to go to wolftracker.ca and send the boss a email stating who you are and such. Then you get in the site and see where wolf sightings were.
Take it from there.

Thank you, this is perfect. I'm getting registered now.

chilcotin hillbilly
03-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Not much of the info you will get off Wolftracker will help as it is not to the minute information. Pick any road offHighway 20 and there is good chance you will find some fresh sign.
Wolves tend to travel far and wide, just because you see sign one day that pack can be 20 miles away the same day.
You have no chance if you just sit at home. Good luck.

Lucas269
03-14-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm aware of that. I was looking for more general info anyway. Wolves have a large territory to walk but usually return to a place they have been eventually. If I find an area they have been and hang out for a few days I will probably find them. I'm going to spend the next few weekends looking around and get out evenings this week too. I called some in while moose hunting a couple years ago in 5-15 so I started there so far. Thanks for the advice though. Its all good to read.

finngun
03-14-2014, 12:57 PM
lucas--- If I find an area they have been and hang out for a few days I will probably If I find an area they have been and hang out for a few days I will probably find them..//

it is 2[two] diff.. stories --- to find them. and another is to shoot one.. they are planning to live long and free life...:mrgreen: unless yu get really lucky...wolfes doesn't like holes in they jackets,,but good luck anyways,,let us know how many?f-g:confused: