PDA

View Full Version : what are your thoughts Eva Shockey "Hardcore Hunter"

smeegle
03-13-2014, 08:52 AM
I have recently followed the younger shockey on several social media feeds and I was curious to know what you thought of her in terms of a hunter? She claims to "live to hunt" (While totally decked out in pink and camo under armour or mossy oak). I am not sure my version of hunting and hers are the same just curious as to peoples impression of her in terms of hunter (I know she is easy on the eyes).

Wentrot
03-13-2014, 09:02 AM
I don't really care, why should you?

Darksith
03-13-2014, 09:04 AM
shes easy on the eyes but far from drop dead gorgeous. I think she is more about the sponsors paycheck than the hunting, not to say she doesn't enjoy it, but she certainly doesn't take after her dad whos motto is the more hard core the better. Would be nice to grow up with a father that has such a well established guiding outfit/hunting celebrity. The opportunities she has makes me so jealous, but as long as she enjoys it. I imagine she is on the show more because shes a young attractive woman than for any other reason.

Ride Red
03-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Good to see women out in the spotlight hunting. It's good for our sport, since most people view it as all male dominated. No matter who her father is, she's taken to hunting, good for her.

MB_Boy
03-13-2014, 09:08 AM
I think she is more about the sponsors paycheck than the hunting, not to say she doesn't enjoy it,.

Although I have only seen one show.....I have googled her after hearing mention of her on here in the past.

Darksith I think nailed it. She may very well enjoy hunting but I think she is pure and simple the marketing department at various hunting clothing/gear companies dream!

hare_assassin
03-13-2014, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't kick her out of my truck for eating crackers.

digginsweatinswearin
03-13-2014, 09:11 AM
The whole thing is one big clown show, her and her old man both.

adriaticum
03-13-2014, 09:21 AM
I like them both.
Eva does a good job of promoting hunting to the hippies and pinkos. Otherwise they'd be all hugging trees and crying about old growth forest

steel_ram
03-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Does she wear a red kerchief?

Philcott
03-13-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't know what the colour of someone's clothing has to do with whether they are avid hunters or not. If she helps bring a positive light to hunting in general then I see that as a good thing.

I can't possibly know what's in her heart but she seems to get out and hunt just like we all do. The main difference is she probably has nice gear and more opportunities than most of us and I can tell you, if I walked in Jim's shoes my kids would have the same opportunities.

BRvalley
03-13-2014, 09:29 AM
I think she does a lot of good to promote hunting within the female demographic and yuppies, hunting exposure on facebook, etc....as for everything else, who cares? darksith summed it up nicely....sure, she was born into privilege and that obviously made it easy for her to get into the business, but who wouldn't take advantage of that? I'd gladly accept the sponsorship cheques if my old man was a hunting celebrity, good on her

just like mariko izumi, using the family name to get her own show, good on her

Rackem
03-13-2014, 10:32 AM
I don't see why whether a woman wears make up or not has anything to do with her hunting ability. I don't when I hunt, but if I'm feeling insecure it's like magic war paint, suddenly I'm braver and people are nicer to me.

I suppose that if I had a camera in my face, for millions of judgey people to see, I'd wear it too.

I have no idea if she is a good hunter or not, don't have TV, never watched a show, never hunted with her. But she is a positive person in her Facebook feed, and promotes hunting. How is that a problem?

I wish I had the kind of money and influence in order to travel the world hunting...it would be awesome!

Darksith
03-13-2014, 10:32 AM
I don't know how long shockey has been on TV, and I haven't been watching him for more than a couple years, but it sure would of been nice to see, and would be nice to see more shows with the hosts kids in tow at a young age.

*edit* all shows except long range pursuit...drives me nuts watching a 15y.o. taking a 600yd shot

GoatGuy
03-13-2014, 10:33 AM
From the big picture perspective this is a good thing. Have run into her a couple times. She's well-spoken, articulate and definitely someone all the up and coming 'huntresses' look up to.

Much more concerned with people who are detrimental to hunting and conservation than those who promote it.

huntcoop
03-13-2014, 10:42 AM
...just like mariko izumi, using the family name to get her own show, good on her

http://swittersb.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mariko.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=4qCGa5a3FjzlQM&tbnid=7cvXq7kY2ERaPM:&ved=0CAYQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ecaasu.org%2Fsite%2Ftag%2Fcon ference%2F&ei=mu0hU_O3JpHuoASTxYDoDA&bvm=bv.62922401,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNFy2HmeGg-wvM0iMtjHv3fDfYebXQ&ust=1394818769761999)

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/28/400d4ec6edcc45798976971a2e5ff09d/l.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=jLzH4bq2IV7RtM&tbnid=k0ixMDmEy3PRjM:&ved=0CAYQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.outdoorsmenforum.ca%2Fshowthr ead.php%3Fp%3D1939204&ei=wO0hU-vmGoXjoATV_IGoDw&bvm=bv.62922401,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNFy2HmeGg-wvM0iMtjHv3fDfYebXQ&ust=1394818769761999)

http://www.nwwildcountry.com/Graphics/Hookin%20Up%20With%20Mariko%20Graphic.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=KsU4dEfYnL_I1M&tbnid=gIYEZQXfJRulJM:&ved=0CAYQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nwwildcountry.com%2Fshow.html&ei=_e0hU6eKLMuBogTF9YCACw&bvm=bv.62922401,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNFy2HmeGg-wvM0iMtjHv3fDfYebXQ&ust=1394818769761999)

BCHunterFSJ
03-13-2014, 10:46 AM

Do you want to elaborate on that??

Seems to me Shockey's hunting shows are among the best on TV. If you don't like them, I guess you must hate all the other shows...

GoatGuy
03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
I have recently followed the younger shockey on several social media feeds and I was curious to know what you thought of her in terms of a hunter? She claims to "live to hunt" (While totally decked out in pink and camo under armour or mossy oak). I am not sure my version of hunting and hers are the same just curious as to peoples impression of her in terms of hunter (I know she is easy on the eyes).

This is funny.

I wasn't aware one's ability to hunt or enjoyment of hunting was tied to the colour of their clothes.

I guess I should tell my wife...............:confused:

hare_assassin
03-13-2014, 10:56 AM
... but it sure would of been nice to see, and would be nice to see more shows with the hosts kids in tow at a young age.

I have been considering starting a youtube series like this with my daughter (or daughters). I think there needs to be a lot more of that type of public exposure to hunting and a lot less of the "shootin' hogs from helicopters" stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Gateholio
03-13-2014, 11:05 AM
She's in the hunting entertainment business, is well spoken and promotes women getting into hunting. I am trying to see the issue here? I really don't care how or where she hunts, as long as she is out there hunting, it's great.

BlacktailStalker
03-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Of course she's all about the paycheque but whatever. She gets to travel, see the world, meet thousands of people albeit all on her dads success and shirt tail but what parent wouldn't encourage their son/daugher to do that. Would his son be the producer he is (he creates and produces all the professional series shows) if his dad wasnt a famous hunter ? Probably not.
After being in the buis that long, obviously they are good at marketing and look how many guys 18-88 would be entertained by a half decent looking mid 20's huntress ?
Lots, even just for a glance at a picture. Its smart on their part.
His wife does the vocal sponsorships for all the shows in the background.
It's a very successful family unit, I think that's pretty cool.

Rackem
03-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Hunting is one of those things where your appearance doesn't matter, your skill does. The entertainment business tends to shine only on the beautiful (esp women), or the complete freak shows. Jim Shockey wears a shit ton of makeup too, but no one bugs him about it.

It is relaxing to not worry about what the **** anyone is thinking you look like and strictly focus on the hunt and developing and using your skills.

digginsweatinswearin
03-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Do you want to elaborate on that??

Seems to me Shockey's hunting shows are among the best on TV. If you don't like them, I guess you must hate all the other shows...

Not at all, just the whole concept of a '' celebrity" hunter screams crocodile hunter to me, crikey!!
I did have a chance to meet him twice now, and both times I came away thinking "douche"

Singleshotneeded
03-13-2014, 11:44 AM
I think it's great that Eva is honouring her dad by following in his footsteps and getting involved in the hunting world. No, she's not Jim Shockey, but she's a fine pretty young lady who loves and respects her family. I'm sure Jim is proud of her and pleased that she's involved in the hunting industry.

GoatGuy
03-13-2014, 11:58 AM
why would you assume that all up and coming huntresses would look up to her? why wouldn't they look up to a guy hunter? personally i would look up to someone i admire for their character and for what they have achieved regardless of their sex.

The young girls (kids) seem to surround her.

Guess is because she's extremely approachable always has a big smile and isn't packing a huge ego around like a lot of the male hunting celebrities.

Other than that don't know why - not a psychologist.

pronghorn
03-13-2014, 11:59 AM
I think she does a great job, and as for clothing and clothing colors it don't matter to me as that is not what makes the hard core hunter. We have met her in person and she praised my wife and daughter for being female hunters

03-13-2014, 12:14 PM
wow,,,
if you "Google image" search Mariko you get swimsuit pics...... if you do the same for Eva,,,, you get hunting pics.... HMMMMMM wonde who is closer to the person they are on tv???

Mariko is hotter tho! lol

Fisher-Dude
03-13-2014, 12:18 PM
I saw Eva last year donating her time to help the BCWF raise money for conservation projects at the fundraiser.

How many of those speaking against her on here have done the same?

Ltbullken
03-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Good to see a woman hunting so that women are represented and perhaps mroe encouraged to participate in hunting.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-13-2014, 12:37 PM
I echo what many others on here have said about her. I like her and what she is about.
I think she's a great role model for young girls. It gives them a sense of knowing that they don't have a neandrathalic man to hunt.
She's well educated and well spoken.....and she's even better looking in person.

She also promotes the Huntercourse.com...online traing course for hunters....and that's definitely good for hunting.

SSS

Darksith
03-13-2014, 12:38 PM
why would you assume that all up and coming huntresses would look up to her? why wouldn't they look up to a guy hunter? personally i would look up to someone i admire for their character and for what they have achieved regardless of their sex.

The young girls (kids) seem to surround her.

Guess is because she's extremely approachable always has a big smile and isn't packing a huge ego around like a lot of the male hunting celebrities.

Other than that don't know why - not a psychologist.
Comments directed towards the youngsters rather than the "new to" people. Young girls for the most part idolize older women. Of course as one grows up and becomes an adult it becomes more about the what than the who, but the younger kids definitely look up to the people of the same sex.

Just to be clear, I personally am not ragging on her at all, I think she is a good role model for all, and I believe the shockeys do a lot of good for the hunting community in general. They are making a living doing what we all wish we could do for the most part, I just question whether the young women on hunting shows are there to promote other women to get into it, or are there for the men watching the show. I suspect a bit of both, but the majority of the current audience anyway at this point in time are men.

adriaticum
03-13-2014, 12:48 PM
On second thought I hate Shockeys.
They are filthy rich and all they do is hunt and fish and travel the world! And then to make matters worse they tell everyone else about it.
Damn, there should be a law against it! :mrgreen:

Phil
03-13-2014, 12:55 PM
It's a win win. She enjoys hunting and obviously is paid well for what she does. She promotes the sport for guys like me who want their daughters out hunting with them. She can wear whatever she wants as far as I'm concerned. Not all female hunters look like they are part of the Russian olympic power lifting team. Lots of room between the two extremes for the huntress.

Gateholio
03-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Plenty of women select attractive outfits and put on some makeup before going out skiing, cycling or other stuff outdoors. Some guys get up on the morning and shave and comb thier hair before going outside too. Why would anyone focus on another hunters grooming habits? Why would you care?

Fella
03-13-2014, 01:22 PM
I don't see the issue. She portrays hunters in a positive light, she's a woman so that will have an influence on other women who may be interested in hunting, and she seems like a classy person rather than the somewhat typical portrayal of women hunters as being camp bikini clad bimbos.

Rackem
03-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Plenty of women select attractive outfits and put on some makeup before going out skiing, cycling or other stuff outdoors. Some guys get up on the morning and shave and comb thier hair before going outside too. Why would anyone focus on another hunters grooming habits? Why would you care?

Exactly!! Hell you could have a man in drag hunting --who cares so long as he has fun?

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2012/12/05/snow_camo_t470.jpg?84974f3f373deb0dda0f75a22ddd9b7 d3a332b26

bc_buckshot
03-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Please keep your negitive comments about my girlfriend Eva to yourself. You mess with her you mess with me....kappish!

300rum700
03-13-2014, 02:02 PM
She does more for this sport than everyone one bitching about her ever will. Who cares if she is hot and comes from a famous family, shes promoting hunting and the outdoors and should have our full support. Jealousy doesn't belong in the hunting industry especially at time like this when our sport is under attack from all corners of the globe.. Time for some people to get off the computer and actually go hunting or the only thing hard core will be a bad case of carpal tunnel.

kayjayess
03-13-2014, 02:33 PM
It cracks me up how guys get on here and whine and bitch about the people in the industry promoting our sport. Yes the Shockey family has become very wealthy doing what they do. Trust me it comes at a huge sacrifice. Sure there is the perks, but think of traveling the sportsman show circuit taking endless pictures with strangers. Going on hunts where you have to wear the sponsors gear instead of what you really like. Eva has been all over the world in the last six months. Sounds glorious until you have lived out of a suit case for a month or two. I could go on about all the sacrifices these people make. Look at Cody Robbins. Great guy, works hard, and struggles to make ends meet. Jim did the same starting out. The Shockeys deserve every success as they have earned it.

At the end of the day they are promoting our sport. They are charismatic people that promote the good in hunting. Although I don't watch their shows I respect them and am thankful for the work they do. They are handsomely reimbursed for it, and they should be, as they earned it. Anyone that bitches about it is jealous or bitches about everything.

Next time you question what kind of hunter the Shockeys are ask yourself how much shit have I killed? How about them? Some of you might have topped them. Most haven't.

Personally I would be honoured to shake Jim or Eva's hand and thank them for what they have done for our sport.

Caribou_lou
03-13-2014, 06:18 PM
She is a lady hunterette, and is encouraging other ladies to hunt. I don't care what she wears!

I am a better hunter than her though.

markomoose
03-13-2014, 06:19 PM
It cracks me up how guys get on here and whine and bitch about the people in the industry promoting our sport. Yes the Shockey family has become very wealthy doing what they do. Trust me it comes at a huge sacrifice. Sure there is the perks, but think of traveling the sportsman show circuit taking endless pictures with strangers. Going on hunts where you have to wear the sponsors gear instead of what you really like. Eva has been all over the world in the last six months. Sounds glorious until you have lived out of a suit case for a month or two. I could go on about all the sacrifices these people make. Look at Cody Robbins. Great guy, works hard, and struggles to make ends meet. Jim did the same starting out. The Shockeys deserve every success as they have earned it.

At the end of the day they are promoting our sport. They are charismatic people that promote the good in hunting. Although I don't watch their shows I respect them and am thankful for the work they do. They are handsomely reimbursed for it, and they should be, as they earned it. Anyone that bitches about it is jealous or bitches about everything.

Next time you question what kind of hunter the Shockeys are ask yourself how much shit have I killed? How about them? Some of you might have topped them. Most haven't.

Personally I would be honoured to shake Jim or Eva's hand and thank them for what they have done for our sport.
X2 My sentiments as well!!

pnbrock
03-13-2014, 06:32 PM
X3 ^^^^^^^

trapperdan2061
03-13-2014, 06:34 PM
No not hard core hunter, good promoter of hunting, its like inheriting something in my opinion.

Kudu
03-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Why would anyone belittle any person who does as much as she does to promote hunting to the fairer sex?

Does she shoot more animals a year, than you clowns would in a lifetime? Is your ego taking a beating so you bad mouth Miss Shockey

shame on you!

Papa Sasquatch
03-13-2014, 06:52 PM
She earns an enjoyable living and it is well deserved for being competent enough, Hot enough and smart enough to keep the moula coming as long as possible.
I don't see what can possibly be wrong with that!

hunter fisher
03-13-2014, 07:10 PM
can you all stop bad mouthing my future wife please

Mulieaddict
03-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Kayjayess you hit the nail on the head. Her dad has done nothing but promote our sport in an extremely positive fashion and she is just following in his foot steps just like any of us would do for our old man. Maybe could the negative feedback come from some ppl being a little jealous of her life and being able to hunt all big game animals world wide? IMO put the jealousy aside and be thankful there is ppl out there supporting our sport the way they do

Ambush
03-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Shockey's show is one of the few I enjoy. Great camera work, probably the best editing in the business and a huge variety of locations/wildlife.

Most parents would be proud to have their children follow them in a successful family business. That seems to be what Eva and Brandon are doing and good for them.

Apolonius
03-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Met Jim a few times.Great guy.Met his Dad too ,another nice and kind guy.Never met his Daughter or watch much of tv.Being a little older than most of you and know of Jim since his very very early days i can say that,He is done lots for hunting and if you think you are hunt tough,give your head a shake.Hunt tough is spelled "Jim Shockey".And leave the young lady alone, pink or not.

Fisher-Dude
03-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Lots of beaking about how much money people assume she makes.

Maybe she makes $80,000 a year. Is that too much? Maybe it's more. Who knows?

Until people know for sure, they may as well quit assuming. It may be far less than you think.

03-13-2014, 09:06 PM
She's HOT....... bottom line , and if she's putting in the time with her Dad, good for her ........ as for the Show and her as a hunter, if any of us were handed the same opportunity we would jump on it in a second. They have some great show's ..... ya there has been some BS over the years but they are VERY Good at what they do. They have the money to live a dreamed of life style for many of us. It likely is not all fun but ....... I sure wish I had the chance to hunt with EVA :-D. On a cold November day in Sask huntin White Tail ... big bucks ! who needs a Heater Suit !

one-shot-wonder
03-13-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't care how hot she is, I don't care how ugly she is, nor do I care who her dad is.........all I care about is that she is not an anti hunter, she actually does a lot of good for the hunting community. I fail to see an issue here???

moosinaround
03-13-2014, 09:13 PM
She is positive advertising for our sport. She is helping with youth recruitment in our sport. She promotes the health benefits of eating the critters we pursue in our sport. She promotes family values and tradition of our sport. She promotes conservation and responsible use of resources so where is the problem? We like the Shockeys in our house, but will never like a Thompson centre fire rifle , EVER!!!! Moosin

proguide66
03-13-2014, 09:28 PM
I sure 'struggle' to bite my lip at times like these threads. I have worked with the above's father and a few other TV 'entertainers'. Am I missing 'something' ? cause 'if' I am , maybe someone could steer me straight. Entertainment hunters promote THEMSELVES and the products they sell. PERIOD. WE are the true ambassadors to hunting and conservation. I do not watch 'entertainment hunting' solely because of this. Believe me - there is ZERO conservation going on behind the scenes. An entire crew of a 'prominant' tv entertainer quite 3 of his guide outfits 100% due to ZERO conservation recently. Before all gets soo frikkin caught up in the 'razzle dazzle' of TV 'entertainment hunting' , focus on whats REALLY going and what is REALLY being promoted. Its EASY to put together a few heart touching commercials and portray yourself as some kind of caring 'celeb'. If you are successful on shooting shit on TV its because THAT is what you pursued, THAT is what you promoted. No one gets onto a 'entertainment hunting show' for ' conservation' , that shit doesn't sell coolers or scent cover !! TRUE great promoters and conservationists of our ' natural shared activity' ( I hate calling it a sport as we all have it in our DNA) , is every one of US !!!.......not 'Them'.....sorry.....JMHO.

SAVAGEONE
03-13-2014, 09:42 PM

Bigger Question: What does she thinks of smeegle as a hunter ???

aggiehunter
well....since all the MEN...on HBC are talking about her...she has nice nails!

aggiehunter
oh a little ps..or is that psss...she has a really cute little kinda lisp...

hunter1947
03-14-2014, 06:23 AM
My thoughts are is no one can judge anyone unless they know them good enough to do this..

My thoughts are you don't have to be a great hunter to hunt in areas when you are in honey holes where game is plentiful.

325 wsm
03-14-2014, 06:51 AM
Pro guide 66 I here where your coming from. It has a lot to do with personal gain.

Montana
03-14-2014, 08:40 AM
I think she does a nice job.... she's modest and seems very considerate and sincere. Bill Jordan has brought his son into his shows as has Ted Nugent.. Why is someone bringing in their daughter any different? Jim will never be able to replace his father and father-in-law though....they were the most entertaining of them all!!!! I enjoy most of Shockey's shows.... He goes all over the world to places I'll never be able to go and I like seeing the different countries, etc. I can barely stand to watch any of the deer hunting and turkey hunting shows....seen one, you've seen them all. Just how many deer can you watch killed over a food plot from a tree stand?

Regarding ladies in the field, I've always liked Brenda Valentine. She was hunting, writing magazine articles, etc. long before tv shows and videos. She's been around a long time. She's down to earth and is an example to all women in the field.

1/2 slam
03-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Not at all, just the whole concept of a '' celebrity" hunter screams crocodile hunter to me, crikey!!
I did have a chance to meet him twice now, and both times I came away thinking "douche"

I've met him several times now. Great guy. I 've met Eva as well. She was genuinely nice.

biggyun68
03-14-2014, 09:46 AM
I saw Eva last year donating her time to help the BCWF raise money for conservation projects at the fundraiser.

How many of those speaking against her on here have done the same?

Wasn't that the same event where she said if there is a guy who is 6' or over and 30 or under she is looking?

Eva is well spoken, as mentioned above contributes her time to hunting organizations such as BCWF, and makes money in the hunting market. She couldn't donate her time if she was not a success in the market.
I too have a daughter and we enjoy watching the shows where she hunts with her dad.

Pam Anderson has her sex tape series and Eva has her clothing line who do you think I want my daughter to admire?

hare_assassin
03-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Pam Anderson has her sex tape series and Eva has her clothing line who do you think I want my daughter to admire?

Indeed. Positive role models for girls are few and far between these days. Heck, even my daughters' teacher is a stupid bitch who spends her classroom time on Facebook. Then there are all the Satan-worshiping, Illuminati-controlled "artists" producing endless crap they call "music". So glad I was able to steer them away from that shite. Most of their friends are beyond help.

Paraphrasing another member's sig line "take your kids out to the woods; it is an antidote for douchebaggery".

digginsweatinswearin
03-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Never met Eva, I'm sure she's nice.

Mulieaddict
03-14-2014, 02:39 PM
I do agree with you proguide on the conservation side of things but don't you think that by them being passionate and respectful hunters they do represent us in a positive way? Unlike the general publics impression of a "hunter" which is a red neck hillbilly that's just out there to slaughter animals with no respect for the outdoors

proguide66
03-14-2014, 04:35 PM
I do agree with you proguide on the conservation side of things but don't you think that by them being passionate and respectful hunters they do represent us in a positive way? Unlike the general publics impression of a "hunter" which is a red neck hillbilly that's just out there to slaughter animals with no respect for the outdoors

I honestly haven't watched any of it for years. 'Personally' , once you have 'been there' you can not look at it the same way.

I am a fan of all of 'us' , that's it. 'They' represent to who sits on their ass and watches 'it' on TV. Every one of US makes more an impact on 'representing' than any TV show will in our own communities , provinces and countries. WE are the important 'ambassadors' period. Entertainment hunting only reaches people interested in watching it. Every one of us is in contact with EVERY flavour of human our communities hold , hunters and non...which is a much larger audience than a lazy boy on an entertainment hunting channel.....just sayin.

I'm the wrong guy to ask an opinion on 'entertainment hunting'. Its not my thing. Sharing hunting and helping each other is more an attention grabber than 'entertainment' for me. Keeping it real and telling the 'truth' is much more appealing and has a better impact.

rocksteady
03-14-2014, 05:14 PM
Probably looks better, smells better and hunts better than some (if not all) of my hunting buddies.... Nuff said :)

Rich_D
03-14-2014, 06:16 PM

This. Agree 100 percent. Had them on my FB after a recommendation from a friend but soon realized that it is a dog and pony show. You're guess as to which is which.

moosinaround
03-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Everyone needs eye candy, even hunters! Not only is Eva eye candy, so are the critters she harvests! Believe me, I prefer to go hunt my own critters, unguided by anyone! But I like what they say, not all of it, but she is pro hunting and pro outdoors so I'll continue to watch their programming, just as I'll continue to watch wayners vids, and proguides vids!! Moosin

rides bike to work
03-14-2014, 08:30 PM
I couldn't imagine what they don't show Jim puts alot of pressure on Eva even blew a few good chances for her. My dad was never so bossy with me. Let meale all my own decisions and never coachede on my shots except for at the range.

Plus with the amount Jim hunts and is promoting his business I bet he is rarely around with the family.
Bet his family life is not anything like what is protrede on the show and you can see that when he forces his wife on the camera she can't even fake happiness.

And what about js other daughter she was on one episode as a guide for black bears on the island. Much more of a hunter less Hollywood in her. She's about the same age as Eva but not quite the looker imagine how she feels living in the shadows of her sisters spot light that her dad has shone on Eva to promote his business.

Evas nice but what you see on tv isn't reality.

Where there is big money there is sacrifices that go with it. Money can't buy you happiness. (At least that's what I keep telling myself )

deer nut
03-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Easy on the eyes, good attitude, good ambssador. Nice to see a Canadian family making it. But....she's not the hunter, just the shooter! IMO, not much "hunting" involved when you're led to the animals, set up in a blind somebody else situated etc.

M.Dean
03-14-2014, 08:49 PM
I don't know the Shockey Family myself, so I can't say what go's on at there dinner table talks, like others have done here. I think Eva's a way better addition to the Hunt Shows than quite a few of the guys out there claiming to know all about everything, and make what they think is a Hunting Video! What's the perfect Hunting team out there you ask? Well, this season coming up, if we could talk the Yukon Kid and Eva Shockey into doing a hour show on Moose, Grizzly and a Dall Sheep hunting show, I'd bet even Dad Shockey would buy a Copy!!! I know I sure would!

coach
03-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Didn't have time to read the whole thread..

WTF - Eva's doing hardcore now?? Should have stuck to hunting. Her career would last a lot longer.

Mulieaddict
03-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Jim travels with his wife. His son films and Eva also hunts with them. Pretty sure there family life is just fine "rides bike to work"

hunter1947
03-15-2014, 06:38 AM
No one can judge a person unless they know them good I know I won't judge anyone unless I have been around them and have knowen them for years who knows maybe she can out hunt many of us.
My thoughts are that there are a lot of jellos people that wish they had the animals she has taken in her young years of hunting...

Gateholio
03-15-2014, 07:49 AM
I couldn't imagine what they don't show Jim puts alot of pressure on Eva even blew a few good chances for her. My dad was never so bossy with me. Let meale all my own decisions and never coachede on my shots except for at the range.

Plus with the amount Jim hunts and is promoting his business I bet he is rarely around with the family.
Bet his family life is not anything like what is protrede on the show and you can see that when he forces his wife on the camera she can't even fake happiness.

And what about js other daughter she was on one episode as a guide for black bears on the island. Much more of a hunter less Hollywood in her. She's about the same age as Eva but not quite the looker imagine how she feels living in the shadows of her sisters spot light that her dad has shone on Eva to promote his business.

Where there is big money there is sacrifices that go with it. Money can't buy you happiness. (At least that's what I keep telling myself )

What other daughter? His bio says only 2 kids???

Blainer
03-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Jim travels with his wife. His son films and Eva also hunts with them. Pretty sure there family life is just fine "rides bike to work"and pretty sure they don't NEED to ride a bike to work.
Jim has found great financial success in doing what we are all passionate about.
Some need to remind themselves that this his job.
There are some great hunters on this site, but none have found hunting to be so lucrative.
He has now incorporated his family in the business, as many do.
I commend his successes in hunting and business .
Eva was a welcome addition and I will miss his father and father in-law.

Mik
03-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Wasn't that the same event where she said if there is a guy who is 6' or over and 30 or under she is looking?

Eva is well spoken, as mentioned above contributes her time to hunting organizations such as BCWF, and makes money in the hunting market. She couldn't donate her time if she was not a success in the market.
I too have a daughter and we enjoy watching the shows where she hunts with her dad.

Well Put! And yes that is what she said ....lol

Weatherby Fan
03-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Jim Shockey is making a living from hunting, good on him and lucky him, one of a few Canadians that have, his daughter always has a smile, is very friendly and approachable, she's a great ambassador for kids and the female sector of hunting worldwide nevermind locally.
I really don't see what the problem is ?

Stone Sheep Steve
03-15-2014, 08:38 AM

I believe that was Rachel Ahtila. Not his daughter. They did an episode on "The Professionals" on her.

She grew up in a Guideoutfitting family and she's speaking at the WSSBC today.

SSS

300H&H
03-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Good to see women out in the spotlight hunting. It's good for our sport, since most people view it as all male dominated. No matter who her father is, she's taken to hunting, good for her.

I have to agree.
It's great to have more women in our "sport" as long as they don't shoot bigger animals than me...which is tough since everyone shoots bigger animals than me !!!
And she's a good role model for young girls.
Girl powerrrrr

Blktail
03-15-2014, 04:30 PM
I hope she really does like hunting. I don't mind if she takes advantage of her good looks and contacts. She is exploiting a market that is there. Why shouldn't she? She's not a loser single parent with no job. (Yah not all jobless single parents are losers, but you get what I mean.) Only people that have not contributed to the Female Appreciation Thread have a right to dispute this. I am guessing, but that thread must be close to a record for responses. Why shouldn't she? She's not a loser single parent with no job. (Yah not all jobless single parents are losers, but you get what I mean.)

Blktail
03-15-2014, 04:42 PM
I honestly haven't watched any of it for years. 'Personally' , once you have 'been there' you can not look at it the same way.

I am a fan of all of 'us' , that's it. 'They' represent to who sits on their ass and watches 'it' on TV. Every one of US makes more an impact on 'representing' than any TV show will in our own communities , provinces and countries. WE are the important 'ambassadors' period. Entertainment hunting only reaches people interested in watching it. Every one of us is in contact with EVERY flavour of human our communities hold , hunters and non...which is a much larger audience than a lazy boy on an entertainment hunting channel.....just sayin.

I'm the wrong guy to ask an opinion on 'entertainment hunting'. Its not my thing. Sharing hunting and helping each other is more an attention grabber than 'entertainment' for me. Keeping it real and telling the 'truth' is much more appealing and has a better impact.

I am calling BS. You film a lot of your hunts and have a following on this forum. Are you saying you wouldn't take money for your great films? And if you were making good money from them you wouldn't be tempted to adjust your film to the paying market?

Plus I am an avid 'walk for miles in the bush' hunter, but I still enjoy watching Wild TV. Even the crappy shows because they are better than everything except Big Bang Theory! :-D

r106
03-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Jim Shockey is making a living from hunting, good on him and lucky him, one of a few Canadians that have, his daughter is always has a smile, is very friendly and approachable, she's a great ambassador for kids and the female sector of hunting worldwide nevermind locally.
I really don't see what the problem is ?

X2.

Shocky's shows are the only ones I watch consistently. Good variety of culture, adventure and animals. He seems to show a great deal of respect for the animals and other cultures.

40incher
03-15-2014, 08:36 PM

It ain't a sport Bud ... golf is a sport, ping pong is a sport, figure skating is a sport ... get it. Some so-called hunters are their own worst enemies.

Continuing to use terms like "sport" and "trophy" when referring to hunting is poor judgement, to say the least.

325 wsm
03-16-2014, 07:34 AM

I don,t kill stuff for fun I do it to feed my family. There are countries where individuals have earned so much that common people can no longer hunt so be careful on how much you think one person DESERVES.

dryflyguy57
03-16-2014, 08:01 AM

Anyone that disagrees with you on this topic is bitching and whining , what the hell . I think Jim Shockey is promoting his bottom line and an increase in his quota , all fair in business but I don't for a minute think he is helping resident hunters . Thats my opinion which last I checked you could do on this site . My opinion of you is that you are star struck wanna be .

Marc
03-17-2014, 07:13 AM
I have bumped into Eva a few times, two of the times she was heading out for a hunt and the other time coming back from hunting. Both these times there was no camera crew or director in tow. She loves hunting like the rest of us and a genuine nice person.

Ive also met Jim and Louise away from the crowds and shows and they are down to earth people. Its easy enough to judge from your lazy boy Watching TV or surfing the internet. People need to worry more about themselves instead of trying to pick someone else's life apart.

bearhunter338-06
03-17-2014, 07:33 AM
I myself would give my left nut......hell both my nuts to be in the shoes of Eva Shockey as would all you whining self absorbed "Lazyboy" wannabe hunters. All this bitching and jumping on others backs makes it harder and harder for me to come back to Hunting BC.

SR80
03-17-2014, 08:05 AM
what a ridiculous thread

kayjayess
03-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Anyone that disagrees with you on this topic is bitching and whining , what the hell . I think Jim Shockey is promoting his bottom line and an increase in his quota , all fair in business but I don't for a minute think he is helping resident hunters . Thats my opinion which last I checked you could do on this site . My opinion of you is that you are star struck wanna be .

Yes definitely. Well stated - a true star struck wannabe. Thanks for that. You certainly have me figured out.

Interesting that you came to the conclusion from my post that I think he supports res hunters. I don't see any where in my post where I stated such. I did say he supports our interest of hunting - yes. Resident hunters - nope, I didn't mention it. In fact I agreed with your statement that he is promoting his bottom line where I stated that "they are handsomely reimbursed for it" and " the Shockey family has become very wealthy doing what they do."

Where we diverge is I can't sit there and bitch about a guy and his daughter that promotes something I enjoy doing - hunting. Despite your feelings for the guy would you rather have a knitting show on in that time slot instead? As I said I don't watch his stuff but anything positive or pro hunting on TV or in the media, I support.

So my friend, I ask you, what do you prefer as an alternative? No shows about hunting? Do you want want a resident hunting show on there? The shows might be a little thin when Joe Blow from Comox gets his two week holidays, goes to a zone he's never hunted before, gets weathered out for 7 of 10 days, and doesn't see any game. Oh, I know, maybe David Suzuki could do a nice 1 hour show as an alternative. Seriously, what do you propose?

kayjayess
03-17-2014, 09:06 AM
It ain't a sport Bud ... golf is a sport, ping pong is a sport, figure skating is a sport ... get it. Some so-called hunters are their own worst enemies.

Continuing to use terms like "sport" and "trophy" when referring to hunting is poor judgement, to say the least.

Seriously? Did the guy with the handle "40 incher" just call me out on trophy hunting? LOL

BigfishCanada
03-17-2014, 09:16 AM
My favorite show on TV is one called meateater, no sponsors, no americans selling canned hunts. Just a guy wanting to eat some wild game. Hes pretty much eating it within hours after the skinning. My favorite "Huntress" would be Rachel Ahtila, shes good and shes hot, hell why not like a good looking huntress over some dude.

Anything to make hunting more open then better, I know buddies of mine would be all over looking at Rachel or Eva with a kill, rather than me or you

Mr. Dean
03-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Her old man (dad) owes me $12.99 since 2006.
But I don't hold THAT against her.

IMO, giv'er!

Barracuda
03-17-2014, 10:33 AM
The Whole Shockey Family are probably the most enjoyable hunting entertainers out there.

I think women hunters are a good thing . great to get people interested in hunting the more women the better I say.

Although Eva Shockey is pretty I say the Hottest Huntress out there is my wife

Just sayin:mrgreen:

MichelD
03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
I don't have cable, don't watch hunting DVDs and though I know who Jim Shockey is from his articles in BC Outdoors back in the 90s (he was a heckuva good hunting writer) I don't know a thing about this Eva and don't care either.

boxhitch
03-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Does Shockey and family attend GOABC in Kelowna ? Maybe a chance for autograph fans

03-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Or a dance with his hot daughter haha. So many on here are totally jealous of his /her citation. Quite frankly we all wish we could hunt as much as they do. True I'm not always in favour of things Jim says or does but he must be a decent hunter. As fear her a hardcor hunter ....... What ever. She's Hot. Haha :mrgreen:

Striksfromabove
03-29-2014, 12:59 AM
You have to take the show for what it is worth. I'd be far more impressed if she didn't have her Dad or some guide/outfitter telling her where to prop her shooting sticks and when to pull the trigger. I get the impression she started hunting recently and didn't grow up exposed to it. If so you'd think she would have appeared in an episode at an earlier age. I've watched shows where she shot something and it's apparent she hasn't a lot of experience. All that being said she is pro hunting and is encouraging a lot of female hunters pus she's obviously willing to take on the inevitable onslaught of anti hunting accusations for a pellet gun and muzzleloader sponsorship.

bruin
03-29-2014, 02:38 AM
I've hunted with Eva, and Jim. I get so tired of all the bullshite comments on threads like this! They genuinely love to hunt, both of them. Eva generally loves the outdoors and she's a great people person and she's very intelligent. She started hunting not that long ago (how many of us got help when we started?).Jim is very business smart and works harder than almost anyone I know. They've found a way to get paid to do what they love and they contribute good things to the industry. No, they're not perfect ....... much like the rest of us. If you don't like it, don't watch them, but don't get on a forum and spread dumbass thoughts about people you don't know.

argyle1
03-29-2014, 06:24 AM
I agree with Bruin--a lot of people on this forum are making it look bad with their sexist bullshit. I don't know much about the Shockey's, but it's pretty clear they love to hunt, and they have an amazing ability for exposing fools on a public forum.

1/2 slam
03-29-2014, 08:14 AM
I've hunted with Eva, and Jim. I get so tired of all the bullshite comments on threads like this! They genuinely love to hunt, both of them. Eva generally loves the outdoors and she's a great people person and she's very intelligent. She started hunting not that long ago (how many of us got help when we started?).Jim is very business smart and works harder than almost anyone I know. They've found a way to get paid to do what they love and they contribute good things to the industry. No, they're not perfect ....... much like the rest of us. If you don't like it, don't watch them, but don't get on a forum and spread dumbass thoughts about people you don't know.

Thank you.Very well put. There are some real dumb asses on this forum

rides bike to work
03-29-2014, 08:37 AM
They've put themselves in the public eye therefor totally open to critic.

On the most resent episode of Jim shockey hunting adventures she goes on a elk hunt in the states on a ranch . It looks like she got Botox. Stuck with that plastic real house wife of Vancouver fish face look. She headed down the vain sleepery slope of holiweird. Real rich bitch hunting wife's Of America. The ultamit drama queens with guns. My wife can't wait.

Judge RBTW

pnbrock
03-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Well said Bruin I could not have said it better. Long live Jim and Eva!!

Citori54
03-29-2014, 05:46 PM
I met Jim at a driving range in Duncan several years back. He seemed a genuine guy, very friendly, and it was great cause he hit the ball worse than me. I don't understand all the attacks and negative comments, really uncalled for. A lot of it sounds like jealousy. As others have said if you don't like it, don't watch it. Personally I would give a body part to get paid to hunt.

Deer_Slayer
03-30-2014, 12:57 PM
she's good for hunting and it's image. Shows that a woman that likes to hunt doesn't have to look like a half shed grizzly bear, with a limp

Rackem
04-01-2014, 04:06 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/923176_810966495597582_654175390_n.jpg

And I call Bull Shit on the plastic surgery and botox crap.

Blainer
04-01-2014, 04:22 PM
They've put themselves in the public eye therefor totally open to critic.

On the most resent episode of Jim shockey hunting adventures she goes on a elk hunt in the states on a ranch . It looks like she got Botox. Stuck with that plastic real house wife of Vancouver fish face look. She headed down the vain sleepery slope of holiweird. Real rich bitch hunting wife's Of America. The ultamit drama queens with guns. My wife can't wait.

Judge RBTWAm I to assume you are one of the dumb asses they are referring to above?

Blainer
04-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Thank you.Very well put. There are some real dumb asses on this forumhere here
another well put statement

Moose63
04-01-2014, 04:55 PM

That's funny, I find your videos entertaining.....

davet
04-01-2014, 04:58 PM
I cant believe we are still talking about this. I look at it this way. If my little girl wants to hunt like her then thats ok by me, shes an ok role model for my girl. There are ALOT worse out there. But the moment i see a video of her twerkin thats it, shes in my bad book. What kind of woman do you want on a hunting show anyways. I have seen some dumb, bad looking, bad acting women on wild tv. Eva may be a bit ditzy but its better than the rest

04-02-2014, 07:37 AM
I cant wait for Shockys new series.... that promo looked awesome.... his guys really know how to film... they dramatasize it quite well... the images they capture are better then any show out there....
That three part series they had... cant remember what they were hunting but it was stupid high up there and crazy steep... Matt got Alt sickness and had to go down.... filmed everyting from the trip to the country to the trip out...... killer...

The Hermit
04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
If I had the wallet, I would love to do a father daughter hunt with Jim and Eva and my daughter! I think it is great that they are out there doing the hunting entertainment thing together! I met her breifly and she seemed very nice and not so full of herself as a lot of guys on here seem to be! <razzzzzz>

Scuba_Dave
04-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Not going to lie, never even seen a thing she has done on TV. I 100% advocate what she does. I want my daughter to be able to come hunting and fishing with me, just as I would like a son one day to be born, who would like to join us. And as Davet said...There are a hell of a lot worse roll models out there. I don't want some Miley Cyrus Justin Bieber loving drooling kid lol

Rackem
04-02-2014, 02:18 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1979765_811945815499650_512552999_n.jpg

.330 Dakota
04-02-2014, 02:21 PM
The Whole Shockey Family are probably the most enjoyable hunting entertainers out there.

I think women hunters are a good thing . great to get people interested in hunting the more women the better I say.

Although Eva Shockey is pretty I say the Hottest Huntress out there is my wife

Just sayin:mrgreen:

OOOO Baracuda,,,Ya cant make a statement like that without the pic's....LOL

Scuba_Dave
04-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Rackem nailed it lol...She posted that picture today.

.330 Dakota
04-02-2014, 02:29 PM
I like Shockey's show when he's in the Yukon,,I not much into exotic's, but thats just me.
I find Jim himself quite entertaining and humourous, and would hunt with him just for the comraderie.
Eva is a cutie, and its nice to see more women honestly into hunting. Another show I liked was Billy Molls,,he seemed like a real hunter not an actor. Too many actors and wanna be's on Wild TV imo.
Way too many sales adds as well,,,really sick of that. I have often thought of cancelling the channel, as it isnt worth the cost frankly.

Mik
04-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Lots been said, wow! First of all there's nothing wrong with pink Camo :) they even made a pink pirantah (sp.) knife for Eva. I've met Eva, and Jim (on a few flights), even met his crew in Whitehorse while they were pickin up a few clients and on all occasions it was a great experience.

I have 3 daughters and all of them hunt,so yes, I can relate to Jim and his daughter hunting. Do all 3 of my daughters like to kill? Are all 3 great hunters? Do all 3 actually enjoy harvesting an animal? Well, let's put it this way, I LOVE Hunting with all 3 of my daughters as I'm sure that Jim loves to hunt with his daughter, whether, they start early or late, it doesn't matter! What matters is that our girls hunt :) whether they harvest somethin or not!

Do we as fathers tell them how to hunt ...yes! Do we seem overly protective? Yes! Wait here! Pull the trigger now! Follow up! Not a good shot! What r ya doin ? Etc etc etc , we as fathers to our daughters ARE overly protective and want them to make the right decisions. Is that wrong? No I say ! So Eva, keep doin what ya do, and I thank you for your contributions to the hunting world :)

As for the twitter and FB posts, keep it up as like it or not that's the future. And as the BCWF is all about youth retention, this is the NEW ERA ! Keep posting :)

Having said that, my thoughts are Eva, keep up the hard work.

Rackem
04-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Personally I hate pink camo, what are you hunting flamingos? Pink doesn't go with red very well... But camo is a joke anyway...But I don't think Eva has a choice...she has to promote product.

ducktoller
04-04-2014, 07:26 PM
I cant believe we are still talking about this. I look at it this way. If my little girl wants to hunt like her then thats ok by me, shes an ok role model for my girl. There are ALOT worse out there. But the moment i see a video of her twerkin thats it, shes in my bad book. What kind of woman do you want on a hunting show anyways. I have seen some dumb, bad looking, bad acting women on wild tv. Eva may be a bit ditzy but its better than the rest

I for one would love to see Eva shockey twerk

JLsteel
04-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Well if anyone is in Vancouver tomorrow, she will be at that Canadian Tire Outdoor show at the convention centre

EELK
04-04-2014, 08:16 PM
I really like Eva Shockey, shes a good hunter as well as a good promoter for women hunters since the media attacks them more often.

Sherpa
04-04-2014, 08:43 PM
I will respect what she stands for if she can truly drive tacks at 100 yrds. and field dress a moose unassisted .

lorneparker1
04-04-2014, 08:47 PM
I for one would love to see Eva shockey twerk

We are in alignment

jtred
04-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Her passion for hunting is pretty evident, I enjoy hunting myself in fact it's also a passion of mine. She takes that to a whole new level, not only does she have the passion she also has the means and drive to fulfill that her dreams. I'm not sure what defines "Hardcore Hunter" but I would be willing to bet she meets many of the criteria on anyone's list. By my own definition she scores much higher than I do that's fore sure. Not that any of this matters she is doing what many of us wish we were doing.

jtred
04-04-2014, 09:46 PM
I will respect what she stands for if she can truly drive tacks at 100 yrds. and field dress a moose unassisted . Even the brawniest of us can find field dressing a moose completely alone a very difficult task, not impossible by any means, but definitely not easy. Then throw in water/muskeg/swamp/logging slash/etc and maybe even a long pack back to the truck you get into seriously backbreaking work which makes many question why they decided to shoot the monster. Bet she has field dressed hundred times more animals then myself, probably has been shown a thing or two on how to go about without breaking your back.

04-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Like I said she's still a Hot Chick ..... who cares if she can hunt ........ if she can great ...... I think it's good other women or young girls can look up to her and get into the sport.

Keep SMOKIN EVA !

BigfishCanada
04-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Samantha Virk, Mindy Arthurs,Eva, Theresa Place, Rachel ahthila, Lots of hot hunters now, and why not make a buck from it if you can

nitro hunter
04-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Tabitha shockey,she does more than just Twerk.

M.Dean
04-05-2014, 09:02 PM
There's simply no comparison between a Jim Shockey, and Eva Shockey production. Both Jim and his Daughter actually hunt a animal down and shoot it, Fair Chase we call it! Just watched a show this morning on the Hunting Channel, I won't say the name, but what a bloody joke! Three or four big named Hunters went to Africa, OK so far, they stayed at a real nice place, top of the line! They were hunting out of ground blinds and tree stands, over real nice looking man made watering holes. There was no walking involved, no driving around in a Land Rover even looking for animals, they went all the way to Africa to sit in a blind and then shoot any animal they wanted too as it walked right in front of the blind? Where in hell is the fair chase in that hunt? When the guys shot a animal you'd swear by all the yelling and back slapping that they'd been chasing it all day! They were talking about which animals they could shoot,when one of the group said, when I seen a nice animal not on my list, all's I do is when I ask the PH is if can shoot it, is just hold up a hand full of cash, then the PH smiles and nods his head, "Shoot" as he grab's the cash! I wouldn't doubt just behind the watering hole there's fences that funnel the animals right to the so called hunters to boot! And we wonder why theirs so many anti hunting groups who want to stick our Rifles up our you know whats! Shows like that really give the anti's lots of ammo to shoot us with, we need more videos like the ones with the Rock Doctor and his Girls chewing through the northern muskeg, or a hour of the Yukon Kid guiding real hunters to there trophy's of a life time!Not guys shooting semi tame African animals as there paraded in front of them like there in a circus! I sure as hell didn't see any truth about hunting in that episode!

Spy
04-05-2014, 10:19 PM
There's simply no comparison between a Jim Shockey, and Eva Shockey production. Both Jim and his Daughter actually hunt a animal down and shoot it, Fair Chase we call it! Just watched a show this morning on the Hunting Channel, I won't say the name, but what a bloody joke! Three or four big named Hunters went to Africa, OK so far, they stayed at a real nice place, top of the line! They were hunting out of ground blinds and tree stands, over real nice looking man made watering holes. There was no walking involved, no driving around in a Land Rover even looking for animals, they went all the way to Africa to sit in a blind and then shoot any animal they wanted too as it walked right in front of the blind? Where in hell is the fair chase in that hunt? When the guys shot a animal you'd swear by all the yelling and back slapping that they'd been chasing it all day! They were talking about which animals they could shoot,when one of the group said, when I seen a nice animal not on my list, all's I do is when I ask the PH is if can shoot it, is just hold up a hand full of cash, then the PH smiles and nods his head, "Shoot" as he grab's the cash! I wouldn't doubt just behind the watering hole there's fences that funnel the animals right to the so called hunters to boot! And we wonder why theirs so many anti hunting groups who want to stick our Rifles up our you know whats! Shows like that really give the anti's lots of ammo to shoot us with, we need more videos like the ones with the Rock Doctor and his Girls chewing through the northern muskeg, or a hour of the Yukon Kid guiding real hunters to there trophy's of a life time!Not guys shooting semi tame African animals as there paraded in front of them like there in a circus! I sure as hell didn't see any truth about hunting in that episode!

I could not agree more with you, I have not watched wild tv ect for many years now, because of similar episodes.
I do however enjoy watching the Video,s made by our HBC members, real,raw
genuine videos, made not for profit. ;-)

bandit
04-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Say what u want about Eva but she doesn't deserve the sh-t she's getting on her Facebook page right now.

3-4 death threats this afternoon alone. The antis are doing a good job humiliating themselves.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Say what u want about Eva but she doesn't deserve the sh-t she's getting on her Facebook page right now.

3-4 death threats this afternoon alone. The antis are doing a good job humiliating themselves.

Seriously????!!!! Internet crimes like this are taken quite seriously.

SSS

cloverphil
04-17-2014, 09:06 PM
I haven't seen the show but after reading some of the thread

my daughter wears a pink camo solar fleece regularly to school, and loves it
her rain coat is a Remington camo coat as well

as for the TV girl wearing pink camo and going hunting, more power to her

my daughter has a pink camo compound bow too
and rifle stocks come in pink camo too :mrgreen: but we don't have one yet

I hope she won't be mugging little old ladies as the sticker says

bandit
04-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Seriously????!!!! Internet crimes like this are taken quite seriously.

SSS
Matt Peake‎Eva Shockey
3 hours ago near Sydney, Australia
putrid murderer~i wish the same pain you inflict on you and your inbred family ‪#‎SCUMWHORE‬

Rob Clare ▶ Eva Shockey
8 hours ago ·
Please do us all a favor and take your own life. Give in to all those suicidal thoughts Eva, it's the only way out.

davet
04-18-2014, 09:33 AM
I got to meet Eva a couple weeks ago at the Canadian Tire show. She is truly a nice girl, Very talkative and an excellent people person, Just like her dad.

And im sure she passes on all the treats to the RCMP.

depopulator
04-18-2014, 06:23 PM
I'd rather watch her hunt than 90% of the other hunting shows. And she's learning - I've noticed she is very collected under pressure and a good shot. I'm all for it.