PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Eastern Europe?

Clickclack
03-12-2014, 06:57 AM
So Ive been offered a boar hunting trip to Eastern Europe this year. Does anyone have any experience in hunting within this area? Mainly Poland or Hungary. Some info on regulations and climate would be top! :mrgreen: Cheers!

BCHunterFSJ
03-12-2014, 05:42 PM
So Ive been offered a boar hunting trip to Eastern Europe this year. Does anyone have any experience in hunting within this area? Mainly Poland or Hungary. Some info on regulations and climate would be top! :mrgreen: Cheers!

Just came back from Slovakia hunting mouflon...

Viking
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Lots on youtube. Most likely driven hunts where the hunters get a spot or stand to shoot from and game in driven towards or in front of them

BCHunterFSJ
03-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Due to the unusually harsh winter, the mouflon were down from the high country and frequenting the vast oak forests in the southeast of Slovakia (close to Hungary). Hunting was done from raised blinds overlooking openings in the forest. In many ways it was very similar to whitetail hunting in North America. Both grain and salt are commonly used to attract the animals.
It was way colder than I was expecting (I got hypothermia), being Canadian and used to very cold conditions. Believe me, it is a very different, humid cold that penetrates right into your bones! Don't know when you are going, but be prepared... We did see some fallow deer and boars (big). What are you planning on hunting anyway?(besides boar)

MichelD
03-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Saw some awesome Roe and Red deer in the Czech Republic.