PDA

View Full Version : Tofino and area fishing charters?

fuzzy
03-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Hey guys, please pardon my ignorance! I am taking my wife to Tofino for a few days for vacation. We started talking about going on a fishing charter. I have zero knowledge or experience regarding ocean fishing. Hell I don't even know if there is even anything open right now. Do any of you have any recommendations regarding charter companies and what my expectations should be for price points. I am always for supporting smaller local companies and guides.

thanks
Fuzzy

lorneparker1
03-11-2014, 12:17 PM
http://www.crabbyscharters.com/

Guides out of tofino. Great rates, rig and guy!

03-11-2014, 12:54 PM
http://www.fishtofino.com/

There is a few but this guy is a good guy.. he was a friend of mine when i lived,,, and when he lived in Ukee... There are a couple guys on this site that have fished with him.

kentucky
03-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Lance is the man!

yama49
03-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Lance is the man!

I agree its like its your boat, with your buddies on it….

swamper
03-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Never gone out on charters, but have done some on my own in Tofino. Great fishing. Buzz bombing off the kelp beds is a blast.

heyblast
03-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Lance for sure.

1980skywalker
03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Fishing this time of year is definitely hit or miss as far as the weather goes, more likely a miss. Winter springs will be around but but they are smaller than the summer fish so don't expect fishing to be as fantastic as it can be in July or August when your money will be best spent. You will likely be going offshore if you want to find halibut and cod so make sure you both have strong stomaches. I have seen way too many people spend a ton of money only to have a miserable time, I have never been seasick but it looks about as fun as rolling around on broken glass.

tigrr
03-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Buy some gravol before you head out. The salmon fishing will be scarce but you can get cod and halibut. Whale watching is popular this time of year and watching some of the herring seiners is a interesting show. Not many charters have their boat in the water all year. Call ahead to find one.

MB_Boy
03-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Fuzzy....when are you looking at going?

Sako7
03-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Had dinner with lance last saturday. Good guy and knows his stuff.

wiggy
03-12-2014, 08:31 PM
We use mike from longbeach. Great guy was a bio in his younger day. He is out of uce. Take some midol. Pms pills work the best. Premenstrual seas lol. We head out to the bank. Drop em down to the mud and bring home the chicken. Then work on your winters. Normally they run 15 to 20 lbs and we eatem raw. Make sure you take your sweetie to the hot springs. Have a great time. We go late April annual thing. Love the place for a holiday