PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Sheep Hunters...

David Heitsman
03-10-2014, 08:02 AM
2500 sheep hunters in BC last year!

...so why isn't there 2500 doing their part for sheep conservation and joining the Wild Sheep Society of BC and coming to our Convention Fundraiser Banquet and Auction in Kelowna this weekend?

Time to 'give back'... still tickets available for a couple more days. Lot's of fun and you are raising money for sheep in BC.

PM me or go to the our website for details.

(I realize this isn't the appropriate section for this thread but nobody reads the "Gatherings" section, so please let this ride for a day or two. Thank you)

Rackem
03-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Um, I'll join the Sheep Society, but I have to work during the convention...

Mr. Dean
03-10-2014, 11:45 AM
I'll donate this image to your thread.
Don't know if it will help or not but it will bump your thread and people do like looking at pic's. :wink: :wink:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC9232_DSTweb.jpg

Not a cranker but it is a nice, clean, mount.

Mr. Dean
03-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Good luck with the convention!

Rackmastr
03-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Wish I could make it this year!!!

I bought tickets and reserved a hotel room, and then work pulled a fast one on me and now I get to go to Ottawa on the Sunday....dangit!!!

Going to be a great time I'm sure.

HCH
03-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Can't make it this year due to work obligations. Next year. I do donate :)

srupp
03-10-2014, 02:56 PM
hmmm didn't know if he was legal...full curl ? doesn't look above the nose for mature ram??

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100370001-1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/P10100370001-1.jpg.html)

steven

srupp
03-10-2014, 02:59 PM
hmm this one definatly was..

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P1000043copy.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/P1000043copy.jpg.html)

steven

Mik
03-10-2014, 03:28 PM
I would, BUT our Vernon FG Banquet is on Saturday as well

03-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Because the Darn thing is SO expensive " I guess thats why most sheep hunters are QUITE wealthy " been to it before, it's a rich man show. If there was at least one of those Elk, Moose or even SHEEP hunts drawn like a lottery it may draw more people.
Certainly NOT affordable for the average JOE
CT

Then again it is a fundraiser ......... and I do a lot for conservation already

BiG Boar
03-10-2014, 04:12 PM
If there was at least one of those SHEEP hunts drawn like a lottery it may draw more people

There is a Dall sheep hunt that is lotteried off. $20,000 in tickets only. Last couple years.

BiG Boar
03-10-2014, 04:14 PM
What part of it do you find so expensive? Most of the prizes are lottery except the auctions.

Krico
03-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm sure it's a great event. I'd like to attend one day. However as curly said it is not cheap. I did the math and figured it would cost more for the weekend than my week long hunts. It is also a very long drive for many of us, requiring extra time off work and use of precious vacation days. And yet more time away from the family, especially tough for those of us who also travel for work. I applaud your dedication to the cause and hope you raise a pile of cash. Please just remember not everyone is in the same situation you are.
Have fun!

Fisher-Dude
03-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I used to go to the fundraisers and drop a few hundy to support the good work they do. However, it's my understanding that one must be a paid-up member and register and pay for the whole convention to attend the fundraiser now, so I'm out. Maybe I heard wrong, so can someone clarify please?

yama49
03-10-2014, 05:47 PM
125 for full weekend pass, ( includes a great dinner) membership is 135 for 3 years. My brother won a 600 pack on a raffle draw, the guy that won the Dall sheep hunt bought 1 $200 ticket and ended up with a 20000 dollar hunt I think it is well worth the money, plus its a great time to BS with other hunters..

M.Dean
03-10-2014, 05:58 PM
I'd always thought that when you wake up Sunday morning in your hotel room, after spending the night drunker than hell at the banquet, it's then you start to slowly remember being the highest bidder for the "All Exclusive" hunt for something, some where you can't remember for the life of you!!! But, you can clearly remember the amount of 45,000.00 dollars, and you were the last bidder! I've never been to one, but after working for a Sheep Hunter for 15 years or so, I've heard nothing but good about the Banquets! I hope there's a good turn out, and I know all the money raised go's to a good cause!

bridger
03-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Spending three days talking about sheep PRICELESS!

srupp
03-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Hmmm yes certainly is expensive..imo.but have never been to one before...staying at my sisters...and cant even begin to ask Susan about 200 for a sheep hunt chance..but will get to meet other sheep hunters..some great information sessons...and by saving my pennies I can go help the sheep in the annual Spenses Bridge sheep count 2weeks later..choices us old retired folks must make...lol

Cheers

Steven

kayjayess
03-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Great event. Taking it all in again this year. A lot of great people there. I can honestly say that the single biggest factor in me and my partner killing two beautiful Dalls last fall was having attending the convention last spring.

That aside I have met some great friends at the convention who I stay in touch with. I look forward to seeing them on the weekend.

BCbillies
03-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Have attended 2 out of last 3 years. Always a good time being with guys of like mind and passion . . . there is no shortage of discussion. Can't make it this year but will be back for the next one. Attending the show and then following up with a sheep hunt has played out well.
If the sheep could talk they'd thank you for the $$$ donated for the cause!

one-shot-wonder
03-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Won't be in town for the event. Must admit I would be thinking long and hard if I was, they are pricing the average joe out of the room IMO.

BromBones
03-10-2014, 08:56 PM
If it were a little closer, I'd make an effort. Have one in PG sometime and make it a little easier for us northern guys to get there.

Last time I went the the trip cost me about $1200, and 4 days unpaid leave at about $1800 in wages.

Not something I'm gonna budget for every year.

Caveman
03-10-2014, 08:57 PM
I've been to five or six of them. Missed last year, but will be there again this year. Nice to catch up with a few buddies or put faces to HBC handles.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-10-2014, 09:03 PM
they are pricing the average joe out of the room IMO.

Yep. I know a number of friends(including myself) who used to go but now families have grown and disposable income has shrunk.
I used to set aside money specifically for this weekend and but now with a new hunter in the family, priorities have changed.

Met some great people over the years and always had a great time!

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-10-2014, 09:08 PM
If it were a little closer, I'd make an effort. Have one in PG sometime and make it a little easier for us northern guys to get there.

Last time I went the the trip cost me about $1200, and 4 days unpaid leave at about $1800 in wages.

Not something I'm gonna budget for every year.
X2 if it was in pg I would be there 100%

ThinAir
03-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Yup X3. PG would be nice one year. Unfortunay I can't afford to hunt sheep and attend the convention.... guess which one wins out.

REMINGTON JIM
03-10-2014, 09:15 PM
I would, BUT our Vernon FG Banquet is on Saturday as well

They still hold that Hey ! :-D RJ

03-10-2014, 09:39 PM
I will be attending this year for the first time. My wife and kids will be coming along for trip and doing "big city" things in Kelowna. In my opinion, it's not all that expensive, considering we like to get away for a few days over spring break anyway. For me, hunting is a passion, and I realize how incredibly fortunate we are in BC to have such amazing sheep hunting opportunities. I want to do my small part to ensure that such opportunities are not only sustained, but grow, and supporting the WSSBC is an easy way to do it.

Skull Hunter
03-10-2014, 09:40 PM
I'd love to go, especially in preparation for my Dall hunt this year. Unfortunately I just can't get the time off work and it's a really long trip. Have fun guys!

boxhitch
03-10-2014, 10:02 PM
EXPENSIVE MY AZZ !!!
I could go on all day comparing the fee to other means of squandering by the average joe , but like someone said its a matter of priorities.

As soon as any one joins a cause and starts supporting it , they realize dollars are what grease the wheels. Members of the WSSoBC with any level of commitment pay the fee no problem , and then proceed to drop money on chances to win , realizing they are at a FUNDRAISER. For any one that is a fan and friend of wild sheep in BC , it is a small price to pay considering what the WSSoBC does for the sheep . They are the sole group in BC with the one purpose of putting sheep on the mountains.

No one can really say the registration package itself is overpriced when you look at the package instead of what you get on your plate. Compare it to any of the hunt club events in the U.S. and you will soon see .
The level of presentations and info that comes out of the two days is the envy of many organizations. Go drop $50-$75 on a Ducks Unlimited dinner and see what you get.

This one event is the prime fundraiser for the society , so they go 'all in' and hope it works .
Other formats of events have been considered you can bet , but this is what works for the current members and b.o.d. .
The WSSoBC is always open to support from another direction

I don't think I am speaking out of line here , and that's the way I see it

Springer
03-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Our WSF banquet will be at the end of March again..problem for most is getting a ticket because it sells out so fast. Great time with hunting pals and some celebs there...I have booked vacation off for work so i can attend.
Rackmaster are you making it this year to Red Deer ?

srupp
03-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Hey Phil do you guys still the Canadian doller in Alberta ? The BC Peso is still struggling here in BC..willchat soon..

Cheersf

ELMERFUDDRUPPSTER

mwj
03-11-2014, 05:45 AM
I'm going to the show this year and I'll bring some heads for the sheep wall. I went to the show once before in 2011 so second time for me. Looking forward to meeting some of the HBC crew.
I've got a spare seat in my truck if anyone thinks they might like to go but need a ride. I'm catching the first ferry out of nanaimo on FRIDAY and coming back Sunday.

1/2 slam
03-11-2014, 08:58 AM
EXPENSIVE MY AZZ !!!
I could go on all day comparing the fee to other means of squandering by the average joe , but like someone said its a matter of priorities.

As soon as any one joins a cause and starts supporting it , they realize dollars are what grease the wheels. Members of the WSSoBC with any level of commitment pay the fee no problem , and then proceed to drop money on chances to win , realizing they are at a FUNDRAISER. For any one that is a fan and friend of wild sheep in BC , it is a small price to pay considering what the WSSoBC does for the sheep . They are the sole group in BC with the one purpose of putting sheep on the mountains.

No one can really say the registration package itself is overpriced when you look at the package instead of what you get on your plate. Compare it to any of the hunt club events in the U.S. and you will soon see .
The level of presentations and info that comes out of the two days is the envy of many organizations. Go drop $50-$75 on a Ducks Unlimited dinner and see what you get.

This one event is the prime fundraiser for the society , so they go 'all in' and hope it works .
Other formats of events have been considered you can bet , but this is what works for the current members and b.o.d. .

Very well put!

geoskier
03-11-2014, 09:07 AM
I'll be there for the first time. Looking forward to the caping workshop. Going to ski Rogers Pass Sunday too so it should be a good weekend.

bc traper
03-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Is there a facility in PG equal to the one in Kelowna to host a convention of this size

Wild Images
03-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Everyone who can should be going to the caping demo !!
Have delt with more than enough nightmares over the years, and NO the taxi can't fix everything.
The better you are prpared the better your trophy will look on the wall.

See you all there

Ken

bruin
03-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Its not as simple as bouncing around from area to area. Its a huge project for the volunteers of the society to move to a new location and its never going to be central for the "entire" membership. What we hope to do is have it as central as possible, at a large enough center, with enough service and amenities and decent transportation in and out (like an airport).
All that we ask is that you do whatever you can to support us. If you don't feel you can attend the convention then please purchase a 1 year membership for $50. The Society funds research, habitat enhancement, hosts summits, takes part in inventories and our president sits on advisory boards, committees and the like to inform decision makers and stand up for wild sheep.
We cannot exist without member support. You do not have the right to hunt sheep in BC, you have the privilege. Its through conservation groups like WSSBC that you can protect and enhance that privilege.

David Heitsman
03-11-2014, 10:12 AM
I appreciate the comments, every one of them. As to being expensive, yes it is but let me assure you, the WSSoBC makes nil on the registration and dinner tickets, they simply offset the fees for the halls, security, PA system, food, presenter travel bursaries etc. You would be shocked at the costs associated with hosting these events. The conservation and annual operating funds are raised in the auctions and silent auctions and straight cash donations. That's why we like to see every sheep hunter there.

And yes, it is a convention and as such you must be a paid member to attend.

When I hear people gripe about a few hundred dollars to attend... it makes me wonder what is wrong with our board of volunteer society director's heads when I know that they are all spending in the $1,000's every year for wild sheep, especially when you consider time off for attending meetings and phone calls. It just makes me appreciate them all the more.

At the Wild Sheep Foundation convention in Reno this year, they held a "Give one Back" campaign as they felt that it cost around $4700 as I recall to maintain a sheep on the mountain and those that had taken one that year were asked to consider donating that much to "give one back". Hands shot up across the hall!

I'm not advocating that we implement this exactly but somehow we need to realize that there is a cost to conservation, above the couple hundred we spend on tags each year, and that as responsible sheep hunters we need to be aware of that and do our part to maintain our sport for generations to come. (Some of us owe more than others!)

Anyway, we'll see all of you in a few days. Bring your wallets... I'll do my best to send you home with them a little thinner! Promise.

I've just been advised that we have in excess of 40 mounts on display this year which must be seen to be appreciated.

GoatGuy
03-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Take it for what it is - feedback.

Lots of organizations have challenges putting bums in the seats for the annual hoorah. Oppositely, some that sell out in a matter of hours.

Survey your members, find out why they attend or don't attend. Probably also want to ask lapsed members. Then come up with a plan. You won't know until you ask.

Rackmastr
03-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Our WSF banquet will be at the end of March again..problem for most is getting a ticket because it sells out so fast. Great time with hunting pals and some celebs there...I have booked vacation off for work so i can attend.
Rackmaster are you making it this year to Red Deer ?

Wish I was buddy!! Last year I made it to both the BC and Alberta show, this year I cant make it to either!! I work Fri-Mon of that weekend and just cant justify the vacation leave I'd need burn to make it. Great time though!!

mark
03-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Its a great event, see ya there folks!

Rackem
03-11-2014, 01:27 PM
At the Wild Sheep Foundation convention in Reno this year, they held a "Give one Back" campaign as they felt that it cost around $4700 as I recall to maintain a sheep on the mountain and those that had taken one that year were asked to consider donating that much to "give one back". Hands shot up across the hall!

This is what makes it a rich man's sport. Yes I am very lucky to go hunting sheep in other places. But that is what I like about hunting in BC, if I can scrape up the gas money, scrimp and save, even though I am not rolling in cash, I can go hunt.

Last year, I went sheep hunting in a beat up 94 Ford Aerostar van, so rusty the side panels flap if you go over 100km/h.

If you want to make hunting the domain of only the rich, I am too damn broke to stop you.

When you make $19 an hour, you gotta draw the line some place.

bc traper
03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Are there vendors at the convention and if so is there a list some were

glen8221
03-11-2014, 03:21 PM
If I recall correctly we did hold the Convention in Prince George several years ago. Sold it out I believe. I don't think that there is a convention hall large enough to hold the numbers who wish to attend today.

boxhitch
03-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Take it for what it is - feedback.
Lots of organizations have challenges putting bums in the seats for the annual hoorah. Oppositely, some that sell out in a matter of hours.
Survey your members, find out why they attend or don't attend. Probably also want to ask lapsed members. Then come up with a plan. You won't know until you ask.Been there , questioned and answered.
The show is run by those that show up , any other model would take a huge influx of support.
In front of any big wave the water drops somewhat......... maybe we are there ? ;)

kennyj
03-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Because the Darn thing is SO expensive " I guess thats why most sheep hunters are QUITE wealthy " been to it before, it's a rich man show. If there was at least one of those Elk, Moose or even SHEEP hunts drawn like a lottery it may draw more people.
Certainly NOT affordable for the average JOE
CT

Then again it is a fundraiser ......... and I do a lot for conservation already

X2
I'm a life member, but a trip to the convention is 2 hunting trips for me.

kenny

limit time
03-11-2014, 06:25 PM
hmmm didn't know if he was legal...full curl ? doesn't look above the nose for mature ram??

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100370001-1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/P10100370001-1.jpg.html)

steven
...with the hide removed??

srupp
03-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I WASNT convinced no matter how hard I tried...there were 2 others with him..same deal just couldnt convince myself on any of them..so ate my tag...lol and it was a hike...oh well got some great photos...2 years in a row seeing mature rams...just not legal

Maybe this season.....

Steven

srupp
03-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Curious what others feel this rams age ? I spent 3 hours very close to the 3 amigoes...the other horn is more clear..any guesses...

Steven

mwj
03-11-2014, 07:05 PM
10 years old

yama49
03-11-2014, 07:08 PM
10 would be i best guess, very nice ram..

boxhitch
03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Because the Darn thing is SO expensive " I guess thats why most sheep hunters are QUITE wealthy " been to it before, it's a rich man show.

This is what makes it a rich man's sport.
Is no one else going to call BS on these two ?

RICH MANS SPORT MY AZZ !!!

Tell that to the guy parking his 92 pick-up on the side of the Yukon Highway and walking the mountains for ten days.
Tell that to the two guys that book a 185 for a flight , take one rifle to save weight and take one ram because they budget for only one flight.
Chances are none of these 'rich' sheep hunters spent $80 on a concert ticket , or drink single malt , they have other priorities.
I've seen more BC resident sheep hunters in H-H rain gear than Sitka , more with Leupold than Zeiss , more with Arcteryx than Mystery Ranch

And as for the fundraiser , $125 for two days of demos , discussions , reports , info seminars , Friday night social , and Saturday Life Members breakfast , Saturday banquet dinner
And for the few that choose to attend there is the AGM and elections of officers. Not sure what more you expect for your dollar.

But , realizing it is all a matter of priorities , nothing fits everyone.

cole97
03-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Beautiful country what time of the month was that shot and where (region)

frenchbar
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
gotta agree boxhitch if i chose to hunt bighorn sheep i could do it for a cost of a tag..a few bucks for gas and im good to go for the season .

yama49
03-11-2014, 07:38 PM

Tell that to the guy parking his 92 pick-up on the side of the Yukon Highway and walking the mountains for ten days.
Tell that to the two guys that book a 185 for a flight , take one rifle to save weight and take one ram because they budget for only one flight.
Chances are none of these 'rich' sheep hunters spent $80 on a concert ticket , or drink single malt , they have other priorities.
I've seen more BC resident sheep hunters in H-H rain gear than Sitka , more with Leupold than Zeiss , more with Arcteryx than Mystery Ranch

And as for the fundraiser , $125 for two days of demos , discussions , reports , info seminars , Friday night social , and Saturday Life Members breakfast , Saturday banquet dinner
And for the few that choose to attend there is the AGM and elections of officers. Not sure what more you expect for your dollar.

I agree.. $125 is worth the demonstrations itself IMO!!! Nevermind its great time!!!

I agree it might not be feasible for some, but for people to call it to EXPENSIVE,( or a rich mans sport) is a joke..

Wentrot
03-11-2014, 07:42 PM

Fire up a poll and see how much people spend on average-It will be much more than average joe can afford.

ru rancher
03-11-2014, 07:47 PM

and here im thinking leuopold is an expensive scope..... yet im a sheep hunter and use a bushnell :p haha

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-11-2014, 08:28 PM
I agree.. $125 is worth the demonstrations itself IMO!!! Nevermind its great time!!!

I agree it might not be feasible for some, but for people to call it to EXPENSIVE,( or a rich mans sport) is a joke..
If the cost was just a 125$ it would be cheep IMHO , for people that live in the north like fort St. John it's 2 days of just traveling, 4 days off work = 3000$ and that's not spending a hole lot at the banquet ...

bridger
03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Sheep hunting itself doesn't have to be a rich man's sports nor should it become one. The things that makes it a rich man's sport is all the expensive "must have's" - ultra light rifles-gortex rain gear- designer boots- german or austrian optics and the list goes on. Not knocking these things as I now have them. But I chased a lot of rams wearing blue jeans and boots from the bay and had a great time doing it. But to address the original posters comments:to preserve the wonderful sheep hunting opportunities we have takes more than boot leather. It takes guys in organizations like the wwsobc and the bcwf spending countless hours of their time and not an insignicant amount of their own money working behind the scenes. Yes it is can be a strain on your budget to go to a convention. We have all been there, but it is important to support these organizations anyway you can. The wwsobc executive is not turning the convention into a rich guy thing.. Simple fact of the matter it takes dollars and dedication to put sheep on the mtn. So I guess I am saying if you can't make to the convention provide sone morale support and throw a donation in the mail. It all helps.

03-11-2014, 09:16 PM
I commend ALL those involved in raising the funds at the convention and beyond, and have done my share over the years, it does help put sheep on the mountain.

As said I have attended before and it cost me a Bundle after ya add it all up ...... thats all.

I never said " Its a Richmans Sport "

I said " Its a Richmans Show " I M O

Just not a Richman ......... but wish I could be there to spend Big Bucks with you all.

CT

Caveman
03-11-2014, 09:41 PM
EXPENSIVE MY AZZ !!!

It is what you make of it. The food is usually very good. The venue is nice. Plenty of raffle draws and silent auction items. It doesn't have to break the bank. The live auctions is where the big money is often spent. I have not bought any of the live auction items but do support the rest of it. Yet to win anything, but a very good cause. A social event to meet people with common interest. Support it if you can

I have been on several of the sheep capture and relocation projects and plan to attend the Spences count this year as well. Again, to meet some new guys and maybe pick up some pointers, etc. See you there Bill ;)

Fisher-Dude
03-11-2014, 09:59 PM
If there are lots of tix left, it may be time to consider going back to the way it was wherein one could purchase a fundraiser ticket and spend some dough there.

Not everyone is interested nor has the time to attend 3 days of sheep stuff, but would like to attend the fundraiser to help support the organization.

Just take it as input, not a bash. I like what the organization does.

boxhitch
03-11-2014, 10:12 PM
help support the organization.Easy ! buy a $125 dinner ticket :) I'll give you my dessert too , it's not often I get to finish

David Heitsman
03-11-2014, 10:39 PM
I've enjoyed this thread and we're taking notes. Thank you. Working in OK Falls tomorrow, Vernon Thursday and then it's show time.

Springer
03-12-2014, 02:45 AM
Wish I was buddy!! Last year I made it to both the BC and Alberta show, this year I cant make it to either!! I work Fri-Mon of that weekend and just cant justify the vacation leave I'd need burn to make it. Great time though!!

Bummer Trev..I will ensure we have a drink and toast to you for your accomplishments this past year..also sitting with your Grizzly hunting partner..Got the fingers crossed on the Gundahoo Stone sheep Hunt!!

Rackem
03-12-2014, 07:39 AM

Did you even ****ing READ my post before you start calling BS???!!! I believe paying over $4000 (Vegas suggested donation) for a sheep makes it unaffordable to me. That is why I am GLAD I live in BC. Where everyone can hunt. Even me.

If I were to attend the convention, I would have to take several days off work, ($220 per day) Gas ($800) Hotel ($200 a night) and whatever food costs. Add the $125 convention fee on top of all that. That is a sheep hunt right there. So excuse me. I will take an actual hunt over any convention.

And buddy I don't have ANY of that name brand shit, I wear Surplus Herbies wool army pants, and whatever I have scrounged up. I don't drink any Scotch, and my scope is a Bushnell.

PS Never flown in to a hunt anywhere, hiked in on foot.

03-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Boxhitch just reads what he wants to hear ...... not what is before his very eyes.

A RICHMANS SHOW

Stone Sheep Steve
03-12-2014, 09:20 AM
If there are lots of tix left, it may be time to consider going back to the way it was wherein one could purchase a fundraiser ticket and spend some dough there.

Not everyone is interested nor has the time to attend 3 days of sheep stuff, but would like to attend the fundraiser to help support the organization.

Just take it as input, not a bash. I like what the organization does.

I agree.
Back when it was in Kammy, the venue would sell out so it changed so that you had to be a member to attend. Now that the venue at the Grand has room to grow it might be best to open it back up to non-members. Let the weekend showcase itself and sell future memberships that way.

IMO the only thing a person should need a membership for during the weekend is to sit in on the AGM and to vote.

There are people out there with $ who would love to attend the fundraiser and help out.
Limiting who can spend $ is shooting the organization in the foot.

Rackem-Don't worry. The attitude that you first had the problem with it not widespread within the organization.
Lots of good people on the BOD.

SSS

bruin
03-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Some good insight guys. There will be a paper questionnaire at the convention plus an online survey distributed after, we would love to hear from everyone.

Gateholio
03-12-2014, 11:14 AM
So you have to be a member to attend the banquet/fundraiser now? Is that correct?

Rackem
03-12-2014, 11:23 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1555501_10151956208450754_1237275966_n.jpg

bruin
03-12-2014, 11:23 AM
So you have to be a member to attend the banquet/fundraiser now? Is that correct?

It is. You can get a discounted 1 year membership with your convention ticket for $35. $160 includes a 1 year membership and your full convention registration. There's also a discounted spousal package for those that want to bring their SO.

Gateholio
03-12-2014, 11:35 AM
How is that working for ticket sales? I've not been to the Kelowna venue but as there is more space there than Kamloops, and ticket numbers aren't being met, restricting ticket sales to only members might not be a good thing. JUst wondering as the event is a few days away and by this thread there must be lots of open seats.

I know that when our club opened banquets to the public we went from under 100 ppl to 400ppl and the dollars raised jumped up about 10X what we had ever raised with just members in attendance.

Mr. Dean
03-12-2014, 11:39 AM

That's correct.
IMO a convention should SHOWCASE what the org has to offer to *potential* members. And not just be a party/group hug for a limited few.

But that's just my opinion... I'm not a member, I'm not a "sheep guy", and I'm certainly not an adviser on the matter.

Fundraising is a challenge.
A lot of people just hear that word and run in the opposite direction.

I help and attend with more than a few different events in the course of a year and NEVER have I left one, feeling that I was used.
They're a good time and the ones that I do attend, are planned out in advance and chocked up to 'entertainment expenses'.

From what I have read, this one here sounds like an awesome, bang-for-buck, for three days of YAHOOOOOO! If your a, "Sheep Guy", of any level of interest/participant.

BiG Boar
03-12-2014, 11:46 AM
There are people in all walks of life obviously. Some wealthy union workers, some guys just starting a new job, some that are retired and have a very strict budget. Some young guys starting out at their first job. Obviously we all look at it from slightly different perspectives. Canned soup in ones guys perspective might be the rich mans Ichyban. I think the way it is taken though is that calling it a rich mans show maybe scares away people who have never been before because they think it's going to cost like a thousand dollars to attend. Which obviously isn't the case if you live reasonably near by. Sure you could spend a thousand bucks or more pretty easily on an African hunt auction, or you could spend the minimum.

This show is about raising money for sheep in BC. They want to sell out the event each year to raise the most money. Obviously when a guys says it's a rich mans show that is his opinion coming from his situation. Such as Rackems. I didn't know she would have to take time off, or that her gas bill would be so much, which obviously it is for people who live way up north. If the show was moved to PG or ft St. John, you would see the same reaction from us down on the coast.

vip_ruger
03-12-2014, 11:58 AM
I live in the north and a flight was 330.00 and 125 for banquet and 120 per day for room so for around 750 I'm there and it is a greAt weekend. I plan never to miss it's like the half way point to sheep season and it my fav weekend all year other then hunting season so if u can make it it's a great time if u sheep hunt or want to sheep hunt it's a great place to start and meet people that do . I hope to meet some new people this year . Should be a grande time hope to see every one there

Did you even ****ing READ my post before you start calling BS???!!! I believe paying over $4000 (Vegas suggested donation) for a sheep makes it unaffordable to me. That is why I am GLAD I live in BC. Where everyone can hunt. Even me.

If I were to attend the convention, I would have to take several days off work, ($220 per day) Gas ($800) Hotel ($200 a night) and whatever food costs. Add the $125 convention fee on top of all that. That is a sheep hunt right there. So excuse me. I will take an actual hunt over any convention.

And buddy I don't have ANY of that name brand shit, I wear Surplus Herbies wool army pants, and whatever I have scrounged up. I don't drink any Scotch, and my scope is a Bushnell.

Rackem
03-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Yup so raising money for sheep conservation up here should take a different format. Maybe a small dinner with raffles and Northern Sheep hunters. But don't try to make people feel bad for not going to the LML for a convention.

If I lived down there, I would of course go to it. But not when I have to spend that kind coin to even get to it.

BCrams
03-12-2014, 12:16 PM
If the show was moved to PG or ft St. John, you would see the same reaction from us down on the coast.

Do you think more memberships could be garnered if the banquet was moved to a new venue, say every 2 years? It gives the value added 'exposure' throughout the province. Many of the main WSS folks will attend regardless of location. New faces will prop up with a change of venue and support is gained. For example: 2 years in Kelowna, 2 years in Vancouver, 2 years in Prince George, 2 years in Cranbrook, 2 years in Fort St John, 2 years in Kamloops. Pump it up and maximize profits by opening the function and fund raiser to non-members as well and the general BC hunting community. Show them what you're about. Branching out and spreading the "what we are, what we do" and get people talking and feel like its open. It gives opportunity to educate throughout a broader landscape / demographic. Different ways of looking at things and how to improve things. People will be compelled to become members or renew membership.

Take it for what it is....input.

BRvalley
03-12-2014, 12:30 PM
I live in the north and a flight was 330.00

how far in advance did you book that ticket? I was on a fly in/out schedule up here for 2 years, that is a crazy good price on a roundtrip ticket

I'm driving down through Kelowna this weekend, decided against the convention (mostly because I have a steelhead itch)...it would have been nice to attend the Friday fun night, but not paying $160 as a non member just for one night

if they returned to PG for a convention, I'd be into that

boxhitch
03-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Member - Friday night fun night ONLY $50 (includes one ticket for the Friday Night Fun Night , member or non-member )

Something for everyone.

7:00pm – 12:00am – Friday Night “FUN NIGHT”
 Sponsored by Bob Hodson of Barney’s Sports Chalet
 Gear raffles and prizes throughout the evening from Barney’s Sports Chalet, Seek Outside, Vortex Optics and more
 5th annual GEAR SWAP – bring your gear to trade or sell
 Sheep horn aging contest
 Cash bar, appetizers and snacks

boxhitch
03-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Maintaining the membership of the WSSoBC has had its challenges , like many organizations. The feeling is if folks are enrolled as members they have a better chance of finding out all about the WSS and the society has a better chance of some of those members becoming more active in the group. Very little money is made off of the fees , it basically supports the magazine.

The WSSoBC certainly isn't the first org. to make membership mandatory to attend a function , RMEF , SCI , WSF come to mind
Many members are ok with it , no need to think about it , just pay with the convention , easy
Others have a hard time planning for it , so they just buy a life membership .

BRvalley
03-12-2014, 01:15 PM
hmm, didn't read that fun night close enough...might try to make that now

boxhitch
03-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Do you think more memberships could be garnered if the banquet was moved to a new venue, say every 2 years? It gives the value added 'exposure' throughout the province. Many of the main WSS folks will attend regardless of location. New faces will prop up with a change of venue and support is gained. For example: 2 years in Kelowna, 2 years in Vancouver, 2 years in Prince George, 2 years in Cranbrook, 2 years in Fort St John, 2 years in Kamloops. Pump it up and maximize profits by opening the function and fund raiser to non-members as well and the general BC hunting community. Show them what you're about. Branching out and spreading the "what we are, what we do" and get people talking and feel like its open. It gives opportunity to educate throughout a broader landscape / demographic. Different ways of looking at things and how to improve things. People will be compelled to become members or renew membership.

Take it for what it is....input.All good input.
Moving around has its challenges ,
Having 'regional' events has been discussed more than once with the members ,

BiG Boar
03-12-2014, 02:19 PM
It's a very fun convention overall. At first it was a little bit intimidating being in the presence of so many hunters who have way more experience then myself. Plus knowing only 1 guy. In the last 4 years attending though it has been great to put many names to faces and even go hunting with a few of them. I definitley love the show and have gotten to know many great hunters, a lot which have been mentors to me and I would now consider good friends. So I guess I see more value than just a pricey dinner.

Rackem
03-12-2014, 02:37 PM
No one is denying that the convention is a valuable experience. If I could go I would. But I simply can not this year anyway. I think that other revenue generation should be considered so all sheep hunters in the province can contribute. I may not be able to give $4000 but maybe I can give $40 or whatever. Another person might be able to afford $400.

I think it would be fun to have a Northern Sheep dinner fundraiser for the Wild Sheep Society, maybe have a raffle prize of a trip/hotel/convention for next year. Maybe we could get donations from local businesses.

vip_ruger
03-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Dec 15 or so 2 of us booked

srupp
03-12-2014, 03:59 PM
I leave in the Am for Kelowna with 2 sheep..was one of those Union workers Dave referred to and now retired, for $160 for the weekend convention and now a new WSSBC member?looking forward to meeting those that contribute so much to the sheep of BC..I notice every year @ Spenses Bridge sheep count how much organization has been done for FREE to ensure it is a success..always organized and flows seamlessly and in the end the sheep benefit... and Im sure these same volinteers are doing mountains of work behind the scenes on every avenue all across the Province...

To those that serve in the background THANK YOU..Im am certain as sheep hunters we have benifitted from many many contributions we will never ever hear about..I appreciate it and your valuable time...and am pleased to finally attend one of these premier events.

cheers

Steven

Stone Sheep Steve
03-12-2014, 04:07 PM

The WSSoBC certainly isn't the first org. to make membership mandatory to attend a function , RMEF , SCI , WSF come to mind

But do those organizations sell out?? If they continuously do sell out then can see why it would be beneficial to make membership mandatory.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-12-2014, 04:08 PM
No one is denying that the convention is a valuable experience. If I could go I would. But I simply can not this year anyway. I think that other revenue generation should be considered so all sheep hunters in the province can contribute. I may not be able to give $4000 but maybe I can give $40 or whatever. Another person might be able to afford $400.

I think it would be fun to have a Northern Sheep dinner fundraiser for the Wild Sheep Society, maybe have a raffle prize of a trip/hotel/convention for next year. Maybe we could get donations from local businesses.

By the way the North Peace Rod and Gun Club raise coin, that might be a nice addition to the WSSBC's income.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Just got the weekend off and now I'm going ...Road Trip!!

Kudu
03-12-2014, 05:40 PM

That's a girl - you tell them! :-D :-D

bc sportsman
03-12-2014, 05:50 PM
I have a free "full two day" registration ticket valued at $125 for anyone who wants to come. Only agree to pay $50 for membership when you get there as a way to pay it forward if you are not a member of the Society.
Includes two full days of workshops, buy and sell gear, gear raffles, Friday fun night, Saturday banquet with silent auctions and more. This would have cost you $160 (with your $50 registration). You can't loose!!!

My son can't make it from the Lower Mainland so giving his registration away. Already approved this with the Society. PM me...first taker gets it.

BTW....you need to get your own accommodation at the hotel.

Trekker
03-12-2014, 06:22 PM
I haven't received any tickets and I registered a few months ago. Do we just show up and sign in? First convention for me, not sure how they do this. thanks

DBradner
03-12-2014, 06:27 PM
The wife and I are first timers as well. Looking forward to some of the speakers, Problem is I have to work Saturday. Is it worth driving back up after for the banquet on Saturday?

358mag
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
The wife and I are first timers as well. Looking forward to some of the speakers, Problem is I have to work Saturday. Is it worth driving back up after for the banquet on Saturday?

yes it worth the trip for the banquet just bring a few extra $$ for draws, raffle tickets + happy pop ... enjoy

BigSlapper
03-12-2014, 08:13 PM
It's a very fun convention overall. At first it was a little bit intimidating being in the presence of so many hunters who have way more experience then myself. Plus knowing only 1 guy. In the last 4 years attending though it has been great to put many names to faces and even go hunting with a few of them. I definitley love the show and have gotten to know many great hunters, a lot which have been mentors to me and I would now consider good friends. So I guess I see more value than just a pricey dinner.
Good post ...

Tuffcity
03-12-2014, 08:32 PM
I haven't received any tickets and I registered a few months ago. Do we just show up and sign in? First convention for me, not sure how they do this.

Trekker, there will be a registration table set that will have your package waiting for you.

RC

boxhitch
03-12-2014, 08:35 PM
I haven't received any tickets and I registered a few months ago. Do we just show up and sign in? First convention for me, not sure how they do this. thanksRegistration packages are to be picked up at the front door when you get in.

Trekker
03-12-2014, 08:42 PM
awesome, thanks for the response fellas.

boxhitch
03-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Lots of ideas are being generated here , nothing like a little controversy to stir things up :)

I encourage anyone who cares to go to the WSSoBC website and submit your input , for it to be channeled to the b.o.d. properly.
The convention has changed over the years , many are very happy with it but members do have a say in how things are run.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-12-2014, 09:43 PM
I just registered today can I still bring my stone mount?

bruin
03-12-2014, 11:32 PM
I just registered today can I still bring my stone mount?

Absolutely, call me when you arrive and I'll make sure it gets on the display.
604-615-5108

Philcott
03-13-2014, 06:55 AM
I won't be there but I wish all who are going a fun and informative time at the convention. I've never hunted sheep but I'm glad to know there are people so passionate about them that they spend their time and hard earned dollars to the sheeps benefit. Have a great party.

yama49
03-16-2014, 12:04 PM
and here im thinking leuopold is an expensive scope..... yet im a sheep hunter and use a bushnell :p haha

Wrong quote

yama49
03-16-2014, 12:06 PM
If the cost was just a 125$ it would be cheep IMHO , for people that live in the north like fort St. John it's 2 days of just traveling, 4 days off work = 3000$ and that's not spending a hole lot at the banquet ...

Im sure your glad you made the road trip now. Enjoy that hunt:mrgreen:

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-16-2014, 12:17 PM
100% happy!!!!

yama49
03-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Congrats, was def exciting seeing your enthusiasm after you won. ENJOY

BiG Boar
03-16-2014, 02:21 PM
We better get a full report on the hunt you stole from us too ;)

bridger
03-16-2014, 03:01 PM
I take it you won the dall hunt! Congrats. You will have a great time!

Rackem
03-16-2014, 03:28 PM
My hunting buddy also got a dall draw...

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/1920015_10151961145100754_1776114689_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/579220_10151961144295754_1493799315_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/10003489_10151961144105754_285591455_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1902805_10151961143900754_2067757867_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1497484_10151961111000754_732294402_n.jpg

hunter7413
03-16-2014, 03:37 PM
My hunting buddy also got a dall draw...

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/1920015_10151961145100754_1776114689_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/579220_10151961144295754_1493799315_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/10003489_10151961144105754_285591455_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1902805_10151961143900754_2067757867_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1497484_10151961111000754_732294402_n.jpglooks like the last stone seen a pack of wolves comin after him

DawsonCreedmoor
03-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Hahaha did you mount that one brad?!

Rackem
03-16-2014, 03:57 PM
LOL yeah that one made me laugh a long time..not sure what the story on him was lol!!!

Here is another view of him...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1613789_10151961151695754_1859132644_n.jpg

WSSOBC
03-16-2014, 06:04 PM
CONVENTION UPDATE. Well ..... its over for another year! Our convention and fundraiser this past weekend was a success! It wasn't only because of our sponsors, vendors and donors, not only the presenters that volunteered their time, not onl...y the hours of work by the directors and volunteers and not only the roughly 260 people that showed up and bought auction and raffle tickets. It was a success because all of the above came together for one event with the sole purpose of supporting and conserving BC's wild sheep! THANK YOU TO ALL!!
Please take a moment and fill out our post event survey, whether you attended or not your feedback IS CRITICAL to help us improve the Society and fundraiser and in turn do more for wild sheep in BC. Please follow this link.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WSSBC_Convention_2014_Questionnaire.
Keep your eye out for a full summary of the convention in the near future.

03-16-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm sure some great Funds were raised to Put More Sheep on the Mountains and good on you all.

Looks Like that one Ram saw what them Hunts were auctioning off for. :-?

Being a member on and off for years and years, not being able to afford the LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP in one wack, that is so easily tossed around, I wish I could take this convention in every year .... it's overall expense is what hurts, alas ... the Society could likely raise even more money with pre sales of Draws etc ....... just another suggestion.

CT

Hey JAMIE Did you win a SHEEP HUNT ??

kayjayess
03-16-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm sure some great Funds were raised to Put More Sheep on the Mountains and good on you all.

Looks Like that one Ram saw what them Hunts were auctioning off for. :-?

Being a member on and off for years and years, not being able to afford the LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP in one wack, that is so easily tossed around, I wish I could take this convention in every year .... it's overall expense is what hurts, alas ... the Society could likely raise even more money with pre sales of Draws etc ....... just another suggestion.

CT

Hey JAMIE Did you win a SHEEP HUNT ??

Yes he did win it. Congratulations Jamie. That was a great prize. He won the Dall sheep hunt from Gana. And some other stuff too. And then spent some serious cash at the show in support of wild sheep. Class act.

srupp
03-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Congrads on the dall sheep hunt....looking forward to your photos and adventure..

Cheers

Srupp

Wild Images
03-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Congrats on the Dall hunt Jamie, great meeting you and looking forward to bringing your Dall back to life !!
Hope you didn't hurt to bad sunday morning :-D

bigben
03-16-2014, 09:51 PM
hmmm didn't know if he was legal...full curl ? doesn't look above the nose for mature ram??http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100370001-1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/P10100370001-1.jpg.html)stevenHey Steve top one is a bighorn its legal as it just has to go to the eye socket , definetly legal I hope you did not pass him up in british columbia that is a great ram ..........if you did ......hope you find him again Good luck

srupp
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Yup..passed...shouldnt be any issues this fall...
Never heard of eye socket,,,? Formature rocky ?

Cheers
Sr upper

spear
03-16-2014, 11:28 PM
That one horn ram was mounted by the hunter. Its between 11 and 12 yrs old, pics dont do it justice, mass to spare

Bighorn hunter
03-17-2014, 04:57 AM
Yup..passed...shouldnt be any issues this fall...
Never heard of eye socket,,,? Formature rocky ?

Cheers
Sr upper

exactly!!! Read the regs and know what mature bighorn means:)

boxhitch
03-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Hey Steve top one is a bighorn its legal as it just has to go to the eye socket , definetly legal I hope you did not pass him up in british columbia that is a great ram ..........if you did ......hope you find him again Good luckMaybe in some areas but not where this guy is located. Know your regs

Stone Sheep Steve
03-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Yes, congrats on the BIG WIN Jamie! Sure looks like that looooong trek south was worth it for you!

Was nice meeting you even though I didn't know you were a member here until I logged on yesterday.

And didn't I see Kootenayelkslayer pack off that APA???

SSS

Wild Images
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM
The northern boys done good :mrgreen: They packed away the Dall Hunt, the raffle pronghorn hunt, the raffle rifle.
Makes the trek a little easier to take ???

Congrats Boys !!

O Ya the ones we saw sunday morning were packin a pretty good hangover north as well :roll:

Ken

03-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Congrats to all the big winners for sure! Some exciting draws for sure. As for me, I'm really enjoying my $200 ball cap :mrgreen:

Caveman
03-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Congrats to all the big winners for sure! Some exciting draws for sure. As for me, I'm really enjoying my $200 ball cap :mrgreen:

I have the same hat!

whitetailsheds
03-17-2014, 12:26 PM
The northern boys done good :mrgreen: They packed away the Dall Hunt, the raffle pronghorn hunt, the raffle rifle.
Makes the trek a little easier to take ???

Congrats Boys !!

O Ya the ones we saw sunday morning were packin a pretty good hangover north as well :roll:

Ken

Hahahahaha......I hear there is also an MR and Kifaru pack to add to that booty!!! Sounds like she was a good time, for a good cause......I'll be back soon!!!

kayjayess
03-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Yea the Dawson Boys had a good run this year. Well deserved though. They came a long way to support the Sheep Society and spent some serious cash towards the cause when they were there. Congrats Gents!

I wanted that rifle bad but I was glad it went to a good guy.

srupp
03-17-2014, 01:10 PM
LOL ya Jamie...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy..hmmmm..lol do you even remember buying that ticket..my privilege to meet you and yak sheep talk...as with Kyle and a few dozen other gents and ladies...

sheep are now back on the wall..THANKS to KURT for looking out for my stone and cali sheep when I

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-17-2014, 02:21 PM
We'll I just made it back and the smile has not left my face! Would like to thank wssbc and gana river outfitters for giving me a chance to chase dall sheep it's a dream come true!

I would also like to say it was truly humbling being amongst all the great sheep hunters for the weekend it was a awesome experience meeting you and talking sheep!

I also need to thank my wife for not killing me too!! The look on her face when she found the recipt for the shotgun was. Truly scary !!!

Caveman
03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
That's Too Funny!!! I was nice to meet you Jamie, and good luck with that hunt......................Damn you!! ;)

BCRiverBoater
03-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Congrats. You will want to be in tip top shape for Gana River. Had a buddy go a few years ago and they worked his ass off. They don't use helicopters and don't even use much for horses. They flew in and hiked an unbelievable amount of miles. He was in shape and asked for a remote hunt and they didn't let him down. He said awesome outfit and great guides. I know you will have an incredible trip and have a chance at a heavy horned dall.

bridger
03-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Went on my first dall hunt with Gana. Agree it is tough country to hunt, but beautiful. My nephew got a booner them. Good luck!

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Congrats. You will want to be in tip top shape for Gana River. Had a buddy go a few years ago and they worked his ass off. They don't use helicopters and don't even use much for horses. They flew in and hiked an unbelievable amount of miles. He was in shape and asked for a remote hunt and they didn't let him down. He said awesome outfit and great guides. I know you will have an incredible trip and have a chance at a heavy horned dall.

thanks for the heads up sheep shape starts tomorrow ! Had great time this weekend and now it's time to focus and start preparing I have my work cut out for me ...

vip_ruger
03-18-2014, 06:11 AM
I just want to say congrats Jamie on your hunt and it was great to meet u Kyle and Tyler srupp Rodney mike and a long list of other I must say I was one of them northern guys with a sore head the next day and congrats to Rob K on his new role with the sheep society. And for the mount with one horn I have mad respect for the guy that can do a sheep hunt from start to finish he kills and mounts his own an if he's happy we should just be thankful he brings his mounts down for everyone to enjoy them as he had 4 or 5 sheep there .
Great time and lookin forward to next year

srupp
03-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks Waylon...sincere privilege to meet you....

Cheere

Srupp

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Just got off the phone with Harold from gana river outfitters the hunt is 2015 in August I have some time wait and time to get in shape .... Sept stones sheep hunt is going to have to hold me over til then !

srupp
03-18-2014, 11:05 AM
hey Jamie..if there is any piece of equipment you do not have, and that I do..its yours for that hunt...

again congradulations Bud

cheers

srupp

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-18-2014, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=srupp;1477606]hey Jamie..if there is any piece of equipment you do not have, and that I do..its yours for that hunt...

again congradulations Bud

cheers

srupp[/QUOTE
maybe we could trade spotters for the trip 80mm sworovski for 65 mm, thanks for the offer Steve! I have lots of time to gear up for this hunt any suggestion are welcome

just hunt
03-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Its the wrong time of year for some of us . If it was in April or may would be better. Not quite breakup here yet.

WSSOBC
04-06-2014, 02:45 PM
For those that didn't attend last month's fundraiser, one of the highlights was definitely keynote speaker Shane Mahoney's presentation on "Why Conservation Matters". It silenced the room, please watch. (apologies for the poor sound quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u-5-vAKY58 (https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv% 3D0u-5-vAKY58&h=eAQENpRlz&s=1)

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQAgRg8zdRVqqb2Q&w=155&h=114&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F0u-5-vAKY58%2Fhqdefault.jpg

Bear Chaser
04-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Great speech by an obviously passionate and determined man.

Thank you for posting.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Might be worth a separate thread so no one misses it. Thanks for posting the link!

SSS