PDA

View Full Version : Knight inlet grizz

Brew
03-03-2014, 04:06 PM
I got my second choice grizz draw up knight inlet. Looking for some help and info on the river at the head of the inlet along with sim river. I have access to a 16 foot jet sled with a 40 horse pump and possibly a 90 cc trail bike.
I think I will also make some phone calls to interfor and see what kind of activity is happening in there.
I emailed the outfitter in the area. They don't go in there in the spring. That was disheartening but hopefully I can make a go of it.
Have any of you hunted this area in the spring and is there some good grass flats up the rivers past the no hunting areas. Google earth is all clouded over so I can't get a good view of the river valleys.
what water taxi service would you recommend from the north island.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

monasheemountainman
03-03-2014, 04:24 PM
srupp will probably have some info for you, you should pm him

boxhitch
03-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Try Bing Maps , far better detail.
Not sure how they get rid of clouds , but they have greater low level detail than Google.

Rupert Retired
03-03-2014, 04:31 PM
I have hunted up there, and help set up the guide's camp prior to the hunters arriving, in the tributary just to the north and downstream of the main estuary of the Klinni-klinne (lots of years ago). He had most of his success in the fall of course with the salmon run, he used to set his camp up 20 miles up the Klinni-klinne. For the spring, especially if there is no logging activity, I would concentrate on the estuary of the Kliini-kliine, it is huge (although you mention a no hunting zone, which may encompass all of that now, I haven't looked). Watch for new growth, and for cropping of that growth. Other than that, use your bike to go up the logging roads and check out any slides that have come down, they are most likely to sprout up the soonest.

Rupert Retired
03-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Let me know if you have Zone B or Zone C, it makes a big difference

Brew
03-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I have zone b. zone c was my fisrt choice as i work in that area often and its loaded with bears and nice grassy flats. the kliini-kliine estuary is fully closed so i think its the main valley above the bridge that will be my best access

Brew
03-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the help guys and the pm's that i have gotten so far everyone

Rupert Retired
03-03-2014, 06:08 PM
OK, well Zone B is pretty good, actually. Looks like the estuary is closed, but there are good (or were) logging roads beyond that point, so I would use your bike to check out the slides as soon as you get in your open area. Again, look for open grassy areas, that is where they will be hanging. In the afternoon, you might as well sleep in..

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Been years since I worked there but up stream on mussel creek is good ... Read grizzlies in my backyard by jack Stanton ....