PDA

View Full Version : question about coyote calls

itsy bitsy xj
03-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Just looking for some advise on a decent, inexpensive call for bring coyotes in. If you can tell me the brand and roughly the price and where you got it that would be great.

Yeah I know I'm asking alot but at least I'm asking you to go pick it up for me lol

Thanks for your help

DawsonCreedmoor
03-02-2014, 10:23 PM
I think you are thinking to hard on it. I have around 10 hand calls and a fox pro with 50+ calls and I have yet to find one magic call. Any load squealing rabbit sound will work great if any coyotes are in earshot.

A couple weekends ago we called in 8 coyotes and I used 3 different rabbit distress sounds. Jack, cottontail, snowshoe hare.

I suggest an open reed call so they don't freeze. I have a couple closed reed calls and they freeze up which is annoying.

Try the ruffidawg, I've had go success with it http://www.basspro.com/Predator-Quest-Ruffidawg-Predator-Call/product/10210726/

Sofa King
03-02-2014, 10:35 PM
I know a guy who takes his dog.
he sits motionless, camo'd-out, and has his dog sitting beside him.
the coyotes seem to focus on the dog and be drawn to it.
then he just pops them as they come in.

Kopper
03-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Haven't called them since my early teens but the primos ki-yi did the trick lots. 27.99 at wholesale according to their webpage; but lots of stores carry them. The reed is adjustable to get different sounds. Have had mulie bucks come to the fawn distress in the fall aswell.

itsy bitsy xj
03-03-2014, 09:31 AM
great! thanks for the info