PDA

View Full Version : MSR Carbon Reflex 2 bpack tent

swampthing
03-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Anybody runnin one of these? I can get one at 40% off right now, which still makes it pretty pricey. That 3.5lb weight sure is appealing as my current tent is about 6LB. I cant quit figure out if the vestibule has 2 doors on the tent or if you have to go through the tent to get to the second vestibule. 2 doors is an option I would hate to do without.

Brett
03-02-2014, 07:26 PM
I had one and sold it to Ambush... Good for 1 man only! You will not get 2 people in it! I now have the carbon reflex 3 it's great for 2 and some gear ... Both are VERY light

Ambush
03-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Yep, used it for solo goat hunts. Had some snow and light wind and it stood up fine. Not sure about big dumps or high wind. I'm considering adding a third pole.

It's definitely a one man and your gear tent. But it is very light and takes up little space, both important considerations when packing your own shelter.

You can pick mine up, set it up and see how you like it.

sheephunterab
03-03-2014, 09:01 AM
I've got one and love it as a solo tent. There is only one access door. The other vestibule must be access from inside the tent.

lorneparker1
03-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Kuiu jut came out with a tent. Looks pretty sweet

http://www.rokslide.com/easyblog/entry/western-expo-new-kuiu-mountain-star-2-person-tent

Trekker
03-03-2014, 03:23 PM
have you looked at the hubba hubba nx, its larger that the carbon reflex with two vestibules and doors. its only a few ounces heavier i believe. would work much better for two guys.

swampthing
03-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I want it mainly for a solo tent but I would need to "2 man it" on occasion. I have a solid 2 man tent now but its almost 6 lbs. A dealer in PG is bringing in the big agnes fly ultralights so I am going to look into them. I will check out the kuiu. I don't want to get to carried away money wise but older age is demanding lighter weight!

A killer
03-03-2014, 07:50 PM
look at the big agnes ultra light flycreek 2. super light two man tight for two but light enough for solo with gear as well.

swampthing
03-03-2014, 09:39 PM
look at the big agnes ultra light flycreek 2. super light two man tight for two but light enough for solo with gear as well.

This one has me interested

swampthing
03-03-2014, 09:47 PM
That hubba nx and the kuiu both looks good. Ambush, if I borrowed yours you might not get it back! Thanks for the offer

Brett
03-04-2014, 04:57 PM
You can set up my reflex 3 if you like as well. It's still ultralight 2 doors and vestibules and great for room, if you were In it alone all your gear easy