PDA

View Full Version : On Line Canadian Gun part store??

Twig-Chaser
03-01-2014, 10:29 AM
I have searched with all local hunting shops and not able to locate a couple simple screws. I have only found it on Midwestgunworks.com but they will not sell into Canada.

I am missing one of my Sako Optilock Ring Mount Stainless screws. All the retailers I have talked to said I have to purchase new rings as they don't just sell the screws, however I have found them at the Midwestgunworks store for $5 so I know they sell them.

any one know of a shop in BC or an online gun part store?

thanks in advance!

Jagermeister
03-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Check for a European source. I have sourced parts for CZ's from Europe, service was faster and the cost comparative.

boxhitch
03-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Not sure why a regular gunsmith couldn't help you out ?

www.westerngunparts.com
not online , but local

Midway usa is rumoured to be setting up a Midway.ca

swampthing
03-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Brownells ships here too. Just bought some sights from them.Took a month but they got here.

landphil
03-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Have you tried a bolt supply, such as BC Fasteners or Fastenal? Take a sample with you.

Twig-Chaser
03-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys, yeah I spoke with a gunsmith and he basically told me the same thing that I needed to but a complete set. But maybe that was just him??

Also I have tried to match it at a fastener shop with no luck, but I think I will have to try again at a larger store or try western gun parts.

thanks again!

brian
03-01-2014, 09:45 PM
There are no online Canadian gun parts retailers that I am aware of. Western Gun Parts is the place to call, but it looks like the gun parts stores are committing highway robbery on these screws. I would check with Fasten-all. They carry all sorts of odd ball stuff other people don't. Their website lists metric threading in machine screws. You may have to grind down the heads to fit. Or look into computer parts or electronics stores, they are often using various metric threading. Maybe you will luck out. The final option would be to drill and tap the rings for a more common imperial threading. But to have to buy a new set of expensive rings for a few dollars worth of screws, that is absurd.