PDA

View Full Version : Where/with who for a Grizzly?

Norway_moose_hunter
02-28-2014, 11:14 PM
Hello.

I am new here, from Norway:-D

So far, soon to change, never been to BC.

Having a dream, to go out and do a Grizzly bear hunt.
A Grizzly hunt is not inexpensive, and the fact that these is not something I will do many times, maybe only once in my life, I like to make it right.

The Grizzly is a nice game, but just as important to me is the hole trip, the trip out in mother nature, relax, meet fellow hunters and great guides is just as important.
Not after a fancy dinner and wine with my food, I am after a HUNTING trip:)
Do not mind spike camps, walking long distances and start all over next morning.
A, also like to go in spring time, better fur then.

So, any tip, information on a good outfitter?

All information, tip and help is welcome.

Wish you all a good weekend.

Rackmastr
02-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Would recommend Aaron Fredlund at Fredlund Guide Service.

www.huntfgs.com (http://www.huntfgs.com)

kayjayess
02-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Where are you from in Norway?

Weatherby Fan
02-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Where are you from in Norway?

X2 where in Norway are you from as my Dad and family are from Levanger Norway

rides bike to work
02-28-2014, 11:57 PM
I have never hunted the grizz before but I think I would rather a mountain hunt over a coastal hunt. See more country and more adventure. Wouldn't be bad idea to make it a fall hunt a couple it up with an elk in the kootneys that would be fun.

Norway_moose_hunter
03-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the reply.

First, I am from Elverum, 2 hrs drive north east of Oslo. Levanger is a nive place, have been there many times for fishing.
Where I live there is deep woods, so a mountain hunts sounds very interesting.

The only "problem" with a fall hunt is the quality of the fur, I like to get one with a nice fur. If I do get one.

emerson
03-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Will you be a resident at some point in the next couple of years? Or just in BC for a shorter time? Hiring a guide when you have a resident tag is much cheaper. There are areas where you are almost sure to get a limited entry grizzly draw if you put in for one there.

koothunter
03-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Grizzly Basin Outfitters still has a hunt available for this spring. Located in the East Kootenays in some of the highest density grizzly area in BC. Beautiful country and great guides.

chilcotin hillbilly
03-01-2014, 10:01 AM
http://myhuntfinder.com/

This is a great way to look for a hunt. This will go to all the guide outfitters that are members. Good luck on your quest.

Norway_moose_hunter
03-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Hello and thanks for the tip.

No, I am "just" coming over for hunting trips, first a spring Grizzly and after that I dream of doing a backpack Goat hunt. The area, mountains are just great, looking at photos and so.
Just something I got to do:-D

Skull Hunter
03-02-2014, 12:09 PM
I'd recommend a late season goat/grizzly combo hunt. By late fall the bears (and the goats) have grown out their winter fur and it's nice and long. I shot a fall Grizzly a few years ago and the hair is about 5-6 inches long, a beautiful coat!

r106
03-02-2014, 12:22 PM
If I was going to go all out for a trip to BC in the spring I would go coastal Grizz with a outfitter that could add some Salmon and Halibut fishing to the agenda. I have seen some shows on TV of outfitters in BC that do this but can't remember their name.

Norway_moose_hunter
03-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Thank you for the replys and information.

Skull Hunter, can I ask where you did hunt? You used a guide?

BCbillies
03-02-2014, 02:23 PM
If I was going to go all out for a trip to BC in the spring I would go coastal Grizz with a outfitter that could add some Salmon and Halibut fishing to the agenda. I have seen some shows on TV of outfitters in BC that do this but can't remember their name.

Coast Mountain Outfitters (Milligan) offers the full deal!

This spring I was hoping for a coastal hunt and feasting on crab every day but just found out that it wasn't meant to be. A fall grizz/goat combo is a great hunt. Some areas you can hunt the moutains for grizz and also hunt the salmon streams . . . it's a great option.

Skull Hunter
03-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Thank you for the replys and information.

Skull Hunter, can I ask where you did hunt? You used a guide?

My grizzly was taken in the Northwestern part of the province, in the Dease Lake area. It's probably wouldn't be your top area for big grizzly's. A couple of outfits with pretty good reputations in that area are Blue Stone Outfitters and Little Dease Adventures.

If you're looking for a fall combo hunt, something in the Terrace area might be your best bet. Sorry but I don't know any specific outfitters down there. If you're dead set on a spring hunt, the previously mentioned bear/fishing combo would be your best bet to see lots of bears, and probably your best bet at getting a real big one.