PDA

View Full Version : 6-20 Advice

Alpine Addict
02-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Thanks in advance for any responses, don't have internet at the moment so replies might be delayed.

I am hoping to be done the guiding season sometime around October 10th and was thinking of takin my ol' man on a moose/caribou hunt somewhere in the Dease Lake country. Have been looking more in detail around 6-20. Not sure of the quad access, or if there is any. Was either thinking quad/hike combination or I could take horses. But would need to know feed/trail conditions. Appreciate any info, thanks

AA

GoatGuy
02-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Lots of guys that hunt around gnat pass but it is busy.

If you have horses I would head north of Dease into the park or up the cottonwood.

Trails are pretty well maintained. Usually lots of feed, also lots of bog - be doing some lunging and hopping around for sure. Bring extra shoes.

Alpine Addict
02-27-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm assuming there's a trailhead to get into the cottonwood?

GoatGuy
02-27-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm assuming there's a trailhead to get into the cottonwood?

PM Enroute.

Cordillera
02-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Horseranch.

ryanb
02-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Thanks in advance for any responses, don't have internet at the moment so replies might be delayed.

I am hoping to be done the guiding season sometime around October 10th and was thinking of takin my ol' man on a moose/caribou hunt somewhere in the Dease Lake country. Have been looking more in detail around 6-20. Not sure of the quad access, or if there is any. Was either thinking quad/hike combination or I could take horses. But would need to know feed/trail conditions. Appreciate any info, thanks

AA

A moose and caribou hunt in the spatsizi would be nice with horses. Good trails and I assume the permit for the park isn't too hard to get based on the people I've talked to. Gotta get the draw first though.

NorBC
02-28-2014, 03:42 PM
A moose and caribou hunt in the spatsizi would be nice with horses. Good trails and I assume the permit for the park isn't too hard to get based on the people I've talked to. Gotta get the draw first though.

Most beautiful place I think I've ever been.

albravo2
02-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Most beautiful place I think I've ever been.

I hate it when people say that on here. My bucket list just keeps getting longer and longer. Such a great place to live.