PDA

View Full Version : Spring grizzly leh hunts

srupp
02-26-2014, 06:36 PM
After all the amazing and wonderful help and suggestions on my recent elk hunt in Dawson Creek...I want to ensure any lucky LEH grizzly tag winners that might need any help and suggestions for the Cariboo and central coast area..as well as grizzly "help/suggestions for other regions...please send me a PM and a ph #..always too much info to try and type replies...

I will be leaving in early April for my retirement transatlantic cruise holiday with Susan..then home and off guiding for Wounded warriors...so please leave some room and time for a chat...

It would be my priviledge and pleasure to do anything I can to help your hunt be a safe and successful memory of a lifetime..

Good luck to all..

cheers

Steven Rupp

Blainer
02-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Good Guy
Thank you

Bear Brawler
02-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Steven, thanks for all you do for those of us here. I have been following your threads and admire you for efforts and knowledge and willingness to pass it on. You sir, have a great cruise and look forward to reading more of your stories.

Rackmastr
02-26-2014, 07:36 PM
You're a good man Steven!!!

Appreciate the insight, tips, suggestions, and just general advice and stories relayed from you before my hunt.

hunter fisher
02-27-2014, 08:44 AM
your the man steve, hopefully ill be talking to you again soon!

srupp
02-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Hmm lets try and beat some of the insane results from last year.

1 guy got got his bear in the first 10nminutes of a specific location suggested..first evening
1 guy got his bear first morning..1,100 pound monster..spring weight...
3 skulls went over 26 inches..
2 guys 2 grizzlies in 4 days
4 bears..possibly 5 will go b&c...
No one hurt or injured
Only one pair of Standfields soiled beyond repair..lol

Cheers

Steven

srupp
03-12-2014, 04:09 PM
hmmm getting ready to temporarily change gears and go to the WSSBC convention....I think I have returned all calls?? for spring grizzly and black bear help??if not please send me a Pm with your ph # just too many/much to type individual replies...
I have tried to remain organized with the sheets /names etc not wishing to overlook anyone...please contact via PM with ph # and will call when home from Kelowna...

cheers

Steven Rupp

srupp
03-22-2014, 11:50 PM
Bump....reminder that the slides will soon be dropping, coastal bears will be out next month...been joyfully busy with g bear hunters helping them get ready for the spring hunts....please remember to send a ph number...too much info for my poor typing skills...

Cheers

Srupp

markomoose
03-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Have a blast on your trip!

RobRuger
03-23-2014, 07:58 PM
I've got a 716c draw. I know the area fairly well because this is where I chase those black buggers around. Any suggestions would be great.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Awesome Steven I bet your pm box will be full soon !

Weatherby Fan
03-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Hey Rup, maybe point me in the right direction for clean 200 inch Typical Mule Deer.......never mind those scruffy old Grizzlies :wink: Heck there behind every tree in area 4 where we go Elk hunting, we're always shooing them out of the way !

moosinaround
03-24-2014, 08:23 AM
I was actually thinking of the spot he shot that beauty color phase blackie a couple years ago?:) Got a 7-23 grizz draw Steven, trying out the new 375H&H, think its enough with 300grer? Have a wonderful cruise Steven, you've earned a wonderful holiday with your lovely wife! Moosin

BCbillies
03-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Got a 7-23 grizz draw Steven, trying out the new 375H&H, think its enough with 300grer? Moosin

Give him everything you've got . . . 350's will bust him up even better! ;)

srupp
03-24-2014, 07:04 PM
I was actually thinking of the spot he shot that beauty color phase blackie a couple years ago?:) Got a 7-23 grizz draw Steven, trying out the new 375H&H, think its enough with 300grer? Have a wonderful cruise Steven, you've earned a wonderful holiday with your lovely wife! Moosin

Yes thats plenty...again I am partial to Tsx etc..
Suitcases are out and lists are being made
AS for 200 Iinch deer, deer numbers are way up, so are buck numbers..some areas WEST of the pond have some exceptional bucks,, boat and good boots and pack are needed...if serious about a big buck pm me with a ph number...would not consider just posting a location...

Cheers

Steven

moosinaround
03-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Yes thats plenty...again I am partial to Tsx etc..
Suitcases are out and lists are being made
AS for 200 Iinch deer, deer numbers are way up, so are buck numbers..some areas WEST of the pond have some exceptional bucks,, boat and good boots and pack are needed...if serious about a big buck pm me with a ph number...would not consider just posting a location...

Cheers

Steven
hey what about that big color phase spot? Geez how hard do I gotta throw a hint?!!;). Just kiddin Steven

srupp
03-24-2014, 09:44 PM
There is an area that over the years has produced blond, chocolate, red, cinamin...around 40 percent are not black phase at all...send me a number and I will call...I am going back in there with a couple of members from here but there is lots of room and plenty of bears to share...

Cheers

Srupp

ru rancher
03-24-2014, 10:38 PM
i got a real good colour phase black bear spot they are a nice choclate colour and they are over 50 percent that colour have got two over 7 feet and one that was 6 10