PDA

View Full Version : HECS Stealthscreen: Legit or Snake oil

russm86
02-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Seen this on a show on WildTV, http://www.hecsllc.com/home.html

What are your thoughts on this product? Anyone use it or try it? Think it really works as advertised or is it one of those snake oil type money grabs / scams? Not a bad price really if it actually works.

Big Lew
02-26-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm skeptical. Many, many times I've remained motionless while wearing multi-coloured clothing or camo (also having my hands and face camo'd or covered) and had animals make their way to me or past me close enough I could poke them with a stick without them showing any signs of suspicion or acknowledgement of my presence. One was a big old black bear boar that was so close I could have poked him in the eye with my hunting bow if he stayed still. If our bodies emit an electrical field, I can't believe it reaches out far enough to warn animals of our presence. I've watched several deer, a couple of fox and bear, muskrats, beaver, and lots of varied bird life that were within arms length for quite some time without them showing any signs that they were aware of my presence unless their sensitive hearing picked up my clothes moving while I was breathing. During those times they would look and direct their ears straight toward my chest.
As for the camo pattern itself, unless it is more defined and vivid then the pictures show, it doesn't have enough sharp contrast to break up your human shape.

Singleshotneeded
03-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Same here, I've had deer walk right up to me from upwind when I was motionless...electrical field...bah humbug!

Sofa King
03-01-2014, 06:23 PM
bunch of crap.
I've had deer walk right up to and around me.
even with unfavourable wind conditions.
sorry about the underlines.
animals are not picking up electronic signals from us.
controlling scent and movements are most important, stay away from all these gimmicks.
even camo isn't needed.