PDA

View Full Version : sit and spin bunny decoy

olympia
02-21-2014, 06:16 PM
i just purchased a quiver critter bunny decoy that twitiches for predators. I bought this in mind to try for black bear combined with a fawn distress call. But before I do this I wanted to make sure this was legal, is this considered baiting? I would think not because it is not actual food but I couldnt find anything in the regs that says I can or cant use this for black bear. I realize this decoy is more for foxes, coyotes,wolves but I thought I would try this on a black bear and toot the old fawn distress call.

VancouverSkiBum
02-22-2014, 07:07 PM
20. to hunt bears by placing bait or by using
a dead animal or using part of it as bait.

Doesn't say live bait, or real food, just bait. I would say no, but im no expert.

landphil
02-22-2014, 08:36 PM
The top left corner of page 18, and the definitions of "bait" and "decoy" on page 3 of the 2012-2014 regs spell it out for you - you are good to go hunt bear with your bunny if you wish. I can't say it will be a huge advantage, but certainly legal. Regarding the post above, the definition of "bait" should clear things up for you.

hunter fisher
02-27-2014, 11:31 PM
The top left corner of page 18, and the definitions of "bait" and "decoy" on page 3 of the 2012-2014 regs spell it out for you - you are good to go hunt bear with your bunny if you wish. I can't say it will be a huge advantage, but certainly legal. Regarding the post above, the definition of "bait" should clear things up for you.

x2 well said!