PDA

View Full Version : New Shooting spots?

walnutz
02-18-2014, 03:17 PM
I can no longer take the morons and pigs that go shooting in the chilliwack and harrison area. Between the mess and the idiots shooting in all directions im done with going to those over crowded places. Looking for some help in finding a new area to go enjoy safe shooting. I enjoy being in the bush alot more than the range so please save those suggestions. I dont mind driving past hope up the #5 a bit to get to a nice area that is open and safe to shoot up to 500yrds. If anyone can help by sending a private message or a post i would greatly appreciate it and promise to keep the spot the way i found it like everyone should do anyways. Thanks again! cheers!

Pete
02-18-2014, 04:34 PM
I agree with you. We are dealing with the same issues here in the Coldstream. Idiots abound to the point it has become a hazard to even be out there. They are shooting all over the place including over hills and down roads. Their garbage including cases of spent shells are all over the place. Hunting and shooting is a privilege not a right and for these guys that right should be taken away

604redneck
02-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Are there no ranges near you?

cgizen
02-18-2014, 08:03 PM
You should see postill in kelowna, usually not to bad but a while ago I went up there to take my son out shooting and holy crap... It was jam packed with people, no real firing line established and most of the people were shooting sks's and their random ejection was sending rounds all over, almost bouncing of there neighbors they were so close. Our clubs range is a little more out of the way and in winter its certainly easier to get to postill but from now on, I think I will be sticking with our range.

Moe.JKU
02-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Its getting harder and harder to find good spots out in the bush that don't get ruined. If people do know about them they probably aren't willing to post them up on the internet and get them ruined. I have one spot that I have found now but you either need a really capable vehicle or a quad to get into it. I think thats the only reason that its still good.
Look at the backroads mapbook for some roads check it out on google earth and go see what it looks like.

digger dogger
02-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Hey walnutz, i live above thw chwk valley.
If you have the option, try going on a week day.
I hear WAY LESS, shooting on weekdays, than the Vietnam war that happens on the weekends.

Diggle
02-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Out at Miller Bay on Kaien Island (Just a few minutes from the rifle range!!!) some idiots regularly shoot up the place. The area is used by people to walk dogs and also as a paintball field on weekends for kids. However, I go out there sometimes and see bullet holes in the storage lockers, trees and structures, and shells all over the place mixed with empty shot up beer cans. Last time I went out I collected:

243 Winchester
300 Winchester
45-70 Govt Hornady
7.62x39 (stamped 711/79)
and enough .22 Hornady 17 HMR shells to melt down and make a suit of armour!

Did I mention it is illegal to shoot here? That it is less than 100yards from the highway? That the police seem to not care at all?

604redneck
02-19-2014, 02:06 PM
You should see postill in kelowna, usually not to bad but a while ago I went up there to take my son out shooting and holy crap... It was jam packed with people, no real firing line established and most of the people were shooting sks's and their random ejection was sending rounds all over, almost bouncing of there neighbors they were so close. Our clubs range is a little more out of the way and in winter its certainly easier to get to postill but from now on, I think I will be sticking with our range.
Ya postil is bad but nowhere near as bad as Harrison and chilliwack. I had someone shoot right by me while is was hunting up postil a few years ago. Hunting and shooting wise it's the worst in the okanagan