PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly study sheds further light on bear numbers

Quesnel Kid
02-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Summary of grizzly bear study being released today. Glad they spent millions of tax payer dollars on information that most hunters already know. Is it going to really change anything or just make it look like they are making an effort......

QK

http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2013/12/grizzly-study-sheds-further-light-on-bear-numbers.html

Stone Sheep Steve
02-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Summary of grizzly bear study being released today. Glad they spent millions of tax payer dollars on information that most hunters already know. Is it going to really change anything or just make it look like they are making an effort......

QK

http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2013/12/grizzly-study-sheds-further-light-on-bear-numbers.html

Hunters' anecdotal opinions need to be backed up with "Real science"....otherwise they're just opinions.

The anti's can argue the emotional side all they want but they can't argue the scienitific sustainable angle if there is good peer reviewed science saying otherwise.

SSS

BigfishCanada
02-17-2014, 10:27 AM
This is an excellent study, majority of non hunters are blinded so far from lies if I ran these numbers past non hunting friends they wouldn't believe me.

I also believe that we should have to take a portion of the grizz so they cant call it a trophy hunt, If i ever go grizzly hunting Ill be making sausage and trying some roasts

leadpillproductions
02-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Yup no grizz left , where I hunt 1 leh draw, couple springs ago I seen 12 grizz in 3 days yup no grizz

andrewscag
02-17-2014, 12:36 PM
The number of bears killed by people was not related to population density which suggests that current levels of mortality do not measurably reduce population size.

Enough said

coach
02-17-2014, 12:48 PM
I also believe that we should have to take a portion of the grizz so they cant call it a trophy hunt, If i ever go grizzly hunting Ill be making sausage and trying some roasts

Would you do the same with a wolf or coyote if people felt it would appease the antis?

BigfishCanada
02-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Would you do the same with a wolf or coyote if people felt it would appease the antis?

Great point, But I would eat pig over dog any day so no I would not eat the dogs. The Antis are using the word TROPHY to spread garbage. Eating bear is not like eating dog and Id rather see grizz hunting stay

coach
02-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Don't the antis also view wolf hunting as trophy hunting?

Iltasyuko
02-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Putting your kill in your mouth and digesting it has zero to do with science / conservation and everything to do with an individual's personal values and ethics.

Fred1
02-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Yup gotta spend the $$ to get the "real" numbers - "best available science". Without numbers "what we Know" is moot. Good to see the populations growing and sustaining. Suck that greenies! ;)

coach
02-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Putting your kill in your mouth and digesting it has zero to do with science / conservation and everything to do with an individual's personal values and ethics.

Bingo!! Finally someone who "gets it". :-D