PDA

View Full Version : Tatonka Lastenkraxe question

kebes
02-16-2014, 09:29 PM
I've been looking into this frame as MR's and Barnie's are out of my price range. From what I've seen this seems to be one of the best 'bang for your buck' frames but the question I have is about the bag. The one that I've seen matched up with it is 70 litres which is a little on the small side. For you guys who've used this pack, does it have enough space for a 7-10 day hunt, and have you seen any other bags that work with this frame? Thanks!

Buck
02-16-2014, 09:42 PM
I know a guy who uses that pack but he is a minimalist and i mean minimalist Tarp and bivy no hot food .Works for him but with a full body cape and meat there is stuff tied on the outside.He will do 12 days at a time with it.I would get the biggest bag you can and have a dry sack in case should be ok for 7 to 10.

Everett
02-16-2014, 09:55 PM
I had one and thought the bag was fine a good quality pack, sold it to a member on this site when I got a MR. Personally have no problem with 70L for 7 to 10 days but I do pack light.

hookedonblacktails
02-17-2014, 01:12 AM
I've had one for a while now, the bag is a tad small I thought but then again I probably bring more than I should, I'm still ironing out my backpacking set up. To my knowledge there is no other bag that works with it. I strappd the tent to the underside of the frame seat, you might have noticed there is a little nook created by the legs of the seat, it fit in there well. Sleeping pad got strapped on the outside of the bag as well down near the bottom. Spotting scope and tripod were kept on the outside as well on either side in those side pockets. That worked for me to free up space in the bag, but next time I think I'll keep the spotting scope in the bag in case I take a stumble. I haven't done a lot of backpacking but I think the pack is good value if one can't spend the big bucks

avadad
02-17-2014, 11:19 AM
The bag didn't work for me. I'm keeping the frame as a backup. The frame is handy if you are hauling bulky items. Like a couple of salt blocks.

pom
03-17-2014, 08:58 PM
would you be interested in selling your tatonka?

Mik
03-17-2014, 09:53 PM
That is the only pack that I have used and its packed a lot of meat :) keep in mind the new tatonka packs do not have the bottom half seperated with an outside zipper,which is a pain. Last year i crushed the frame...so if anyone has a frame that they would like to sell. Please let me know.thanks