PDA

View Full Version : Geese flight times

rides bike to work
02-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Well with the warm weather and south wind I have noticed the geese showing back up in the fields in Chilliwack . The only thing I haven't noticed is them doing much flying.

Has anyone noticed the time of day the geese are moving around?

ive heard they get gravel from the river in the morning then fields to eat back out to the river in after noon for more gravel then back to the fields.

Is there any truth to this. I've been working in the green dale area and just haven't seen the birds flying at all

im trying to plan out my hunt for the weekend. Where I should be and when.

f350ps
02-14-2014, 03:31 PM
They more than likely are roosting in the river and heading to the fields shortly after first light. K

Foxton Gundogs
02-14-2014, 04:15 PM
The warmer the weather the earlier they fly as a general rule

BiG Boar
02-14-2014, 04:38 PM
We had 6 come into our set out in chilliwack last Tuesday. Those were the only geese we saw until we packed up at around 11am. Those ones came in around 9:30. Where they went is beyond me.

f350ps
02-14-2014, 07:18 PM
The only predictable thing about spring geese is their unpredictability! This weather is far from warm so expect them anytime of the day, but you better be there for first light! K

edgy
02-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Most of the geese that I have seen have not been flying until around 9-9:30, and even then there have not been very many to be seen, the fields across from my house that usually hold hundreds of geese at this time of year have been basically empty other than the odd flock of 10-20 birds, of course there are flocks of 200 Mallards landing every time I look out the window,lol

Foxton Gundogs
02-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Most of the geese that I have seen have not been flying until around 9-9:30, and even then there have not been very many to be seen, the fields across from my house that usually hold hundreds of geese at this time of year have been basically empty other than the odd flock of 10-20 birds, of course there are flocks of 200 Mallards landing every time I look out the window,lol

They know, they taunt us. I have 6 that start at the top end of my creek that runs under the dinning room window dabble down to the culvert under the road and the waddle back up and do it all over again.

bc_buckshot
02-15-2014, 04:59 PM
7 flocks of birds ( 15-30 birds) just passed by my house around 1pm-3pm from this certain island heading north to a certain mash/river area for you goose hunters.. Only if i was goose hunting. I did play around with them from my porch with my goose call and they turned and look but didnt have decoys to bring them down.

whitlers
02-16-2014, 03:05 PM
We have been bringing birds in from first light to 10:00 then a big lull till around 430-5. Atleast thats our experience.