PDA

View Full Version : The Winter Itch

Hunt-4-Life
02-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Not that kind of itch :mrgreen: It's mid winter and just about all I can think about it seems is what trips I could do this coming season, work and wife permitting. It's maddening being 7 months away! I get this way every year about this time, ice fishing just doesn't cut it, I need to get up a mountain. Anyone else know the feeling? I guess I'll just keep plotting over a bowl of moose stew tonight. Thank God there's a spring bear season in another 6 weeks.

walks with deer
02-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Yes Spring bear season I can stretch my legs.

markomoose
02-12-2014, 06:37 PM
I start thinking about this hunting season last hunting season!!

nature girl
02-12-2014, 06:39 PM
I start thinking about this hunting season last hunting season!!

That is toatally true I do the same thing. How I can hunt a area different.

nature girl
02-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Not that kind of itch :mrgreen: It's mid winter and just about all I can think about it seems is what trips I could do this coming season, work and wife permitting. It's maddening being 7 months away! I get this way every year about this time, ice fishing just doesn't cut it, I need to get up a mountain. Anyone else know the feeling? I guess I'll just keep plotting over a bowl of moose stew tonight. Thank God there's a spring bear season in another 6 weeks.

Yes, I like spring bear season to. Where I go it is a total zoo in deer season and your lucky if you see another vehicle in spring season just the way I like it.

Just
02-12-2014, 06:52 PM
I have been training to get into shape for the hiking and figure by the time Sept. rolls around I'll be in good enough shape. Have been researching and reading old posts on deer hunting and looking for new gear to better myself. I'm gettin new boots come April.2 and can't wait to breakem in searching sheds and sign. I just started hunting last year and came up empty handed but I'm so determined this year I can't wait!!! I missed out on last seasons spring bear hunt on account of waiting for my pal. But look forward to it this spring!!! I feel the itch!!!

HarryToolips
02-12-2014, 07:21 PM

Damn rights, though I keep myself satisfied year round cause if there's lots of snow on the ground I bring out the snowshoes.. just gotta have enough cool places around to snowshoe is all, which is why I want the government to preserve more old growth forests instead of loggin em all down cause man old growth is the best for snowshoein and lookin to bag a rabbit er two in...

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
We have a turkey shoot coming up on Sunday. Then we get to go to the Inter Club shoot in Sparwood next. Nice to be able to attend stuff like this as well as trips to the range. Keeps our guns from becoming restless sitting in the safe.

hunter fisher
02-13-2014, 07:56 PM
im chomping at the bit for the spring grizz draw to finish already!! fingers crossed

rides bike to work
02-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Deer season turns to ducks turns to bobcat and coyotes turns to late season goose turns to spring bear and turkey turns to salmon for the summer then it's September again. My pack and boots sit by the front door all year.Definatly spend some time thinking about next fall though.

Hunt-4-Life
02-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I've got my third kid on the way and work shifts so I'm going to have to just try and relax, keep scouring Google Earth & the hunting forum and plan for fall when the wife realizes there is simply no way around me getting away for a trip.

Jennifer
02-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Yep totally hear ya on that!! dread the end of the season - hunt til the last day and cannot wait for spring bear to open!!! lol. Sorry - a woman hunter but I was the husbands hunting buddy - now I am on my own and still the drive to get out in the bush. Counting the mins til! lol

hunter1947
02-16-2014, 07:06 AM

If you need to get out in the bush then go out and put some leather on looking for sheds this is what I do ,,fresh or old sheds no matter what counts is that you are out there....

The Hermit
02-16-2014, 08:24 AM
I try to distract myself during the winter... It's a beauty day here in Trinidad!

Caribou_lou
02-16-2014, 09:22 AM
I know the feeling. But I recently bought a foxpro wildfire. And the feeling is gone. I suggest you do the same!