PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss Terra line of optics

Grizz59
02-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Was wondering what if any experience people have had or heard about these optics and how they stack up against comperable priced products. Looking for ant feed back on binos, rifle and spotting scopes. Thanks Colin

Sitkaspruce
02-10-2014, 07:36 PM
We got the Terra 8x42 binos and they are not bad, very nice glass and so far, well made.

Time will tell, but for the $$$, I think they are good. Have not put them through the hunting, but for the birds etc, they work.

Go on to the birding forums, they are the masters of the optics and see what they say.

Cheers

SS

coach
02-10-2014, 08:01 PM
We got the Terra 8x42 binos and they are not bad, very nice glass and so far, well made.

Time will tell, but for the $$$, I think they are good. Have not put them through the hunting, but for the birds etc, they work.

Go on to the birding forums, they are the masters of the optics and see what they say.

Cheers

SS

X2 - only mine are the 10x42's. My first impressions are good.

#1fishslayer
02-10-2014, 10:02 PM
I also have the 8x42 and I think they are just fine.

Darksith
02-11-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't think I would ever buy 8 power bino's again. Go for 10's, when it matters most you will be happier

coach
02-11-2014, 11:09 AM
I don't think I would ever buy 8 power bino's again. Go for 10's, when it matters most you will be happier

That's my experience as well. There are, however, lots of people who seem to love the 8x. Depends on where you like to hunt and how steady you are.

rcar
02-11-2014, 01:24 PM
When I was looking for a new scope in the fall I had a look through the Zeiss Terra 3-9x42 and the 4-12x42 hoping I would get a great optic for a mid price. I was SUPER disappointed. The optics were not very good at all and in no way comparible with the Zeiss Conquest, which I did end up buying after looking for quite a while to find one still available. In the Terra price range I thought the Vortex was actually quite a bit better. In my opinion I think this move by Zeiss is a poor one.

If you look around, you can still find a few Conquest's on clearance in the $600 range...a WAY better choice IMO.

albravo2
02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1&keyword=binocular

Costco in the US has some Zeiss conquest at a very good price. Almost too good to be true. I'd check and make sure they are the real conquest, not some cheaper version they put out for costco.

Boner
02-11-2014, 05:27 PM
That's for a 30 sized lens. Pretty small. Might justify the suspiciously low price.

Sitkaspruce
02-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Not to hijack, but for me 8 power is what I need in the timber, where you can usually find me, but the biggest reason for me is that I have a tremor and the 10x just magnifies the shakes that much more.

Cheers

SS

Displaced Nova Scotian
02-12-2014, 01:58 PM
I have the Terra 10X42 binos and the image quality is a major step up for me, coming from a pair of Vortex Crossfires. When I compare this glass to others I find that the image is clearer, longer, when looking from the center out to the extremities of the glass.

I do however have a problem seeing out of these binos, just like my vortex's, because of fogging issues. If anyone has someone has a trust worthy product they use to get rid of this issue let us know!