PDA

View Full Version : how do i date a rifle

chrishall
02-15-2007, 05:37 PM
i have a winchester model 94 30wcf found in my parents attic after helping them clean it out.... my dad couldn't remember much about it. The rifle is 36 inches in length looked it up on winchester site but their is so many model 94's couldn't tell what type it was. after cleaning it up what a nice little lever action 30-30. anywho like to date it and was wondering if their was a special 30 cal ammo for it as well thanks for any help..

Kechika
02-15-2007, 05:40 PM
P.M me the serial #and I can check the date of manufacture

Fisher-Dude
02-15-2007, 05:42 PM
"how do i date a rifle?"

Bring her flowers and ask her out for something simple, like coffee. See if you share any common interests, and then set another date. Make her laugh, they love that. Be a gentleman at all times.

I personally like to date women, but each to their own...:lol:

Ridge-Runner
02-15-2007, 06:25 PM
I would also be careful, it can be like playing with a loaded gun. Some may have "hair triggers" if you become to intimate to early.

Be Careful, RR

CHilko21
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
dating a rifle eh? wow, you guys are some kinda serious about your hunting. Best bet seems serial number, if there's an email on the winchester site or something, though kechika seems to have'er figured

Bushman
02-15-2007, 06:51 PM
You can probably date your '94 Winchester (and many other makes and models) here:

http://savage99.com/dates.htm

Bushman

chrishall
02-15-2007, 06:55 PM
thanks all it was manuctured in 1949

GoatGuy
02-15-2007, 07:14 PM
"how do i date a rifle?"

Bring her flowers and ask her out for something simple, like coffee. See if you share any common interests, and then set another date. Make her laugh, they love that. Be a gentleman at all times.

I personally like to date women, but each to their own...:lol:

Buying a rifle flowers? Come'on fisher-dude those near-beers are really going to your head.

Back to the question.

I'm not sure if your rifle is male/female and in the name of political corectness I'll term your date as gun! :smile:

Gun should have its bore cleaned every so often, use a good solvent. Lube the outside with a good oil and always buy premium bullets.

Should get you started.

CHilko21
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Buying a rifle flowers? Come'on fisher-dude those near-beers are really going to your head.

Back to the question.

I'm not sure if your rifle is male/female and in the name of political corectness I'll term your date as gun! :smile:

Gun should have its bore cleaned every so often, use a good solvent. Lube the outside with a good oil and always buy premium bullets.

Should get you started.

Ohh...ohh...and don't forget to use stock polish every so often...keeps you in the good books....add a good quality custom sling and you're set:lol:

Will
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
and always buy premium bullets.
Yep.......Nosler Partitions :lol:

Actually any 30-30 Factory 170 gr. ammo will do the trick 8)

GoatGuy
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Yep.......Nosler Partitions :lol:

I was gonna put that up on the not to buy list, but I figured I'd leave the comment for you and Bartell! :lol:

Will
02-15-2007, 07:55 PM
I was gonna put that up on the not to buy list, but I figured I'd leave the comment for you and Bartell! :lol:
I just didn't want them to go Unmentioned......
I know they are your favourite http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/new/rockOn.gif