PDA

View Full Version : turkey hunting in okanogan/rock creek

cooter303
02-07-2014, 08:41 PM
never hunted turkey before and wish to go this spring. was thinking of the Okanogan or Christian valley but do not know where to go. any help would be appreciated. I live in salmon arm and will only have a couple of days at a time to go, so don't want to travel to far. but far enough.

markomoose
02-07-2014, 10:33 PM
I get mine @ costco!

south island hunter
02-07-2014, 11:12 PM
20 k up the valley I have seen them while hunting white tail pic a road and go get one

bowhunterbruce
02-08-2014, 05:14 AM
20 k up the valley I have seen them while hunting white tail pic a road and go get one

x2 good advice, where the road seams to go between a farm house on one side of the road and the barns and other buildings are on the other side. ive seen them on both sides of the kettle.

bhb

cooter303
02-08-2014, 10:35 AM
x2 good advice, where the road seams to go between a farm house on one side of the road and the barns and other buildings are on the other side. ive seen them on both sides of the kettle.

bhb
I will have to take a drive down and scout around for a day or two. was up the kettle in 07 deer hunting but didn't see any turkeys. was up near rahilley cr. don't know if that is to far up or not far enough!

.300WSMImpact!
02-08-2014, 10:49 AM
the further you go east the better the turkeys are, they are in the christain valley but numbers are not high and the hunting is not easy, good luck hunt hard and you will find them

cooter303
02-08-2014, 01:10 PM
the further you go east the better the turkeys are, they are in the christain valley but numbers are not high and the hunting is not easy, good luck hunt hard and you will find them
how would it be around greenwood or midway?

.300WSMImpact!
02-08-2014, 01:32 PM
how would it be around greenwood or midway?

have seen some in that area for sure, I would say better then c valley but, go further east and stay on the usa border and you'll find the numbers climb drastically

OutWest
02-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Things typically get better as you go east but be prepared to run into significantly more hunters. Beaverdell, CV, Grand Forks and Greenwood all hold good numbers of birds. Don't overlook those places.

cooter303
02-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Things typically get better as you go east but be prepared to run into significantly more hunters. Beaverdell, CV, Grand Forks and Greenwood all hold good numbers of birds. Don't overlook those places.
so in beaverdell, where would be a good area to go. I have been up the beaverdell rd over to Christian valley.thanks