PDA

View Full Version : Stone Sheep Access around Eastman Creek 6-20

Stone C. Killer
02-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Hi all,

I was thinking about taking a poke up Eastman Creek way. I see a few trails heading west of hwy 37 but not many heading east. Has anyone been up that route that would care to share some knowledge? PM's welcomed.

Thanks

gerrygoat
02-06-2014, 07:13 PM
I have been close to there once, tough country and not a lot of sheep but there are some there.

geoskier
02-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Looks like pretty awesome country up there. A bit further at the confluence of Burrage and Chismore looks amazing (scenery wise). Interested in hunting that area sometime too but it looks like there is a ton of coastal shit to get through enroute to the alpine.

gerrygoat
02-09-2014, 11:06 AM
I think that is a good spot for goats and grizzlies and the scenery is awesome like you say. Probably not very many sheep there since it is at the very southern extent of their range and there is some heavy snow country to the south of that would be too much for them to survive. Some of that area looks like it should hold caribou but I don't think there are too many of those either. That general area would be one of my first choices for a goat/grizzly hunt in early September.

GoatGuy
02-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Outfitter has been running it all out of wheel plane and backpack.

Definitely sheep around there, and they've killed some nice ones, but that's only when it isn't socked in and pissing down rain. Few hunters that spent two weeks in a tent.

Take your rain gear. It isn't a long ways to the mountains in the big scheme of things.

Big goat country as well. And as gerry goat says lots of grizz down in that old burn.