PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Richmond municipal laws regarding ungulates?

andrewscag
02-04-2014, 03:49 PM
First off, yes I'm being lazy since I haven't dug through the municipal laws or really looked into much at all. Just hoping someone knows from experience, Richmond Rod and Gun club member maybe...

I have permission to duck hunt a field in richmond and one of my hunting buds found some deer tracks there the other day. Anyone know if we can shoot them with buckshot during the regular season? IDK if Richmond has a no discharge at deer rule or something crazy.

And I do plan to confirm a "yes you can" in all regs before pulling the trigger on anything so don't get huffy. ;-)

elena
02-04-2014, 03:57 PM
no you cannot
http://www.richmond.ca/__shared/assets/Bylaw_4183_11090924416.pdf

Everett
02-04-2014, 04:09 PM
no you cannot
http://www.richmond.ca/__shared/assets/Bylaw_4183_11090924416.pdf

From my reading of that he could hunt with buckshot unless I am missing something. There is a deer season in 2-4. He would a Fraser valley special license and million bucks of insurance.

coach
02-04-2014, 04:12 PM
That's what I read too, Everett..

andrewscag
02-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Looks like there's nothing to differentiate ducks from deer. Section 8 just says normal hunting rules apply in essence.

Anyone else know of something to say no?

olympia
02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
use a crossbow if your concerned bout them guns, but read or call city hall thems regs before pullin that there trigga of course. gonna send you a pm with phone number of who may be able to answer

Mathil
02-04-2014, 08:58 PM
I think the more pressing question is...

How the hell did a deer make it all the way into Richmond? And if it did, why would a buck come here?

olympia
02-04-2014, 09:02 PM
I think the more pressing question is...

How the hell did a deer make it all the way into Richmond? And if it did, why would a buck come here?

there is deer in delta especially in Burns Bog, so its not too unrealistic they made it into Richmond, could have walked in from the George Massey tunnel area or a few other ways.

yamadirt 426
02-04-2014, 09:08 PM
ive seen deer in richmond lots . Off no 6 rd. Deer are everywhere except where im hunting

lip_ripper00
02-04-2014, 09:10 PM
there is deer in delta especially in Burns Bog, so its not too unrealistic they made it into Richmond, could have walked in from the George Massey tunnel area or a few other ways.

Psssssst they are great swimmers! I have seen them at 108 and Old Yale, on Annacis Island, hell we even had a mountain goat come out of Harrision Bay and book it up mountain behind. I have no idea where he might have come from.

andrewscag
02-04-2014, 09:36 PM
I've wondered why there aren't MORE deer in Richmond. Lots of places to feed and hide, especially in the south east, and just a short swim.

eagle eye
02-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Yes you can shoot deer in richmond,but do you want to be one shooting
the last buck in richmond.i know their every hiding spot,but i dont hunt them .
theres only few of them in a small area thats shrinking rapidly.
we are fortunate to have them in a major city
too many roads are bad news during the rut.

andrewscag
02-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Good point eagle eye

limit time
02-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Yes you can shoot deer in richmond,but do you want to be one shooting
the last buck in richmond.i know their every hiding spot,but i dont hunt them .
theres only few of them in a small area thats shrinking rapidly.
we are fortunate to have them in a major city
too many roads are bad news during the rut.
Better in the freezer than turning in to road kill.