PDA

View Full Version : Grizz hunts re-opened 4-20, 23 and 5-05, 06

GoatGuy
02-04-2014, 12:31 PM
http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/ahte/hunting/re-open-grizzly-bear-leh-hunts-mus-5-05-and-5-06
http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/ahte/hunting/re-open-grizzly-bear-leh-hunts-mus-4-20-and-4-23

Stone Sheep Steve
02-04-2014, 01:30 PM
That's some good news!

SSS

Buck
02-04-2014, 02:06 PM
yea got the email good news

Mikey Rafiki
02-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Yes! Need to get some 200gr TSX's loaded up for my sure fire LEH draw.

Everett
02-04-2014, 02:54 PM
About time 4-20 is crawling in Grizzlies.

BiG Boar
02-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Should be some good mature boars roaming these parts.

Everett
02-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Yea there a big ******* that lives behind Kimberley Sausage and Meats that could use killing plus another one down Perry Creek that's real bold.

Mikey Rafiki
02-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Yea there a big ******* that lives behind Kimberley Sausage and Meats that could use killing plus another one down Perry Creek that's real bold.

That one by Ernie's was causing some trouble for sure. I was there with my elk waiting outside my truck and he comes running out with a gun yelling at us to get back inside.

I've run into some tanks up the Elk Valley that look like a pickup trucks walking through the avalanche chutes. I can't wait to see pictures of some successful hunts.

sawmill
02-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Cliffs meats had a pair hanging around last fall too.What zone is Bull River area?4-21? That place needs some cleaning out for sure.

Everett
02-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Cliffs meats had a pair hanging around last fall too.What zone is Bull River area?4-21? That place needs some cleaning out for sure.

Yea the Bull probably has more problem grizz than anyplace only hunted up there a few times and each time we bumped a griz. Saw a real pig in 4-25 last year one of the biggest griz I have ever seen looked like he was into the roids his neck was so large.

Everett
02-05-2014, 10:05 AM
That one by Ernie's was causing some trouble for sure. I was there with my elk waiting outside my truck and he comes running out with a gun yelling at us to get back inside.

I've run into some tanks up the Elk Valley that look like a pickup trucks walking through the avalanche chutes. I can't wait to see pictures of some successful hunts.

Was that the one Ernie shot our the newest one?

LBM
02-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Yea the Bull probably has more problem grizz than anyplace only hunted up there a few times and each time we bumped a griz. Saw a real pig in 4-25 last year one of the biggest griz I have ever seen looked like he was into the roids his neck was so large.

Was the one in 4-25 pretty much black in colour.

Everett
02-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Was the one in 4-25 pretty much black in colour.

Pretty damn close to Black I have seen him twice near settlers road and once near were the White River meets the Kootenay. Might even bee a park bear who has come south.

Mikey Rafiki
02-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Was that the one Ernie shot our the newest one?

Actually, it was the one he shot as it was my elk from a few years ago. He didn't mention a new one this year, but I brought my elk in Sept 6th so maybe it wasn't causing as much trouble yet. My buddy got a cranker blackie behind his place a few years ago too. Seems to be a bear hot spot.

Everett
02-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Actually, it was the one he shot as it was my elk from a few years ago. He didn't mention a new one this year, but I brought my elk in Sept 6th so maybe it wasn't causing as much trouble yet. My buddy got a cranker blackie behind his place a few years ago too. Seems to be a bear hot spot.

He had I think 4 or 5 different Griz come through this year later in the season. There always seems to be good bears in Lost Dog canyon not sure what brings them in there but there must be something tasty.

LBM
02-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Pretty damn close to Black I have seen him twice near settlers road and once near were the White River meets the Kootenay. Might even bee a park bear who has come south.

Ya this guy is pretty much black no other colour to him, there is another good size one with a bit of gold in the hump. Only see them in the fall have found tracks in the spring but not seen him when have a tag.
Have you seen him in the spring?

Everett
02-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Ya this guy is pretty much black no other colour to him, there is another good size one with a bit of gold in the hump. Only see them in the fall have found tracks in the spring but not seen him when have a tag.
Have you seen him in the spring?

Once in the spring twice in the fall down near the white river in the spring no color on the hump of this one. There is another bruiser that I have seen half a dozen times mostly in the park he is a full silverback about the size of a Volkswagen.
Seen a smaller lighter colored boar two years ago in the same area as well still a big bear just not as big as the others. He came straight into camp twice first time I put a bullet between his feet second time the dogs put the run on him and chased him into the river. Haven't seen him since.

Everett
02-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Well the draws are all in I decided to put in for 4-24 instead of 4-25 hoping the big boys are on the other side of the river this year.

chilcotin hillbilly
02-08-2014, 07:26 AM
I thought the draws had to be in by Feb 7??