frenchbar
02-14-2007, 06:09 PM
The wife hates guns.so no.

CNE
02-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I like the "...yet" I'm working on that one.:lol:

mtnmax
02-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes she does, she does hunt and they are her tags unlike the other women in the class she was in who were there only so their husbands could have more tags.

bsa30-06
02-14-2007, 07:09 PM
The wife don't like guns and she would never kill any animal,(except for maybe our cat) hell i'm lucky she will even cook what i kill.

zigman
02-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Samers. My wife would come out for the hike part but dissapear for the 'work'

oldtimer
02-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Bartell--- laughing my ass off with your line your Gatehouse's father. What a pair.
No my wife is not a hunter, but I have the son, daughter in law and soon 2 grandkids so the freezer should never be empty Mike

3kills
02-14-2007, 07:38 PM
nope she doesnt hunt...she goes with me but she doesnt want kill anything cuz she would have to clean it :D....

7mm
02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
would not have married her if she didn"t hunt

Phil
02-14-2007, 08:01 PM
You bet, although she doesn't get out as often as me becuase of our young kids, she enters the LEH draw. We enter as a group hunt to improve the odds:)

Seeadler
02-14-2007, 09:33 PM
She will starting this year. Nothing too exotic though, antlerless deer and elk and with me for moose.

Chuck
02-14-2007, 09:36 PM
would not have married her if she didn"t hunt

Couldn't even find ONE that hunted!

K-1
02-14-2007, 09:56 PM
[quote=bsa30-06]The wife don't like guns and she would never kill any animal,(except for maybe our cat) hell i'm lucky she will even cook what i kill.[/quote If you drop "our cat" insert "my dog",,,,I think our wives must be sisters:-( She really went against guns when our nephew was killed in a hunting accident.

Barracuda
02-14-2007, 09:58 PM
My wife always applies for the animals she wishes to hunt .

We completly dissagree with dishonest people that use other peoples tags . This also applies when to people that hunt in a party that goes, out and where one person has a Cariboo and another an Elk etc and it doesnt matter to them who takes the animal .
The tags are so cheap in BC that it really does not make sense not to get any tags that you might personally use. Heck most people spend more on a meal on the road or booze then they do on tags ,
Even if you got one of each non LEH only animals (12 species) the price would only be $259 which is pretty darn resonable.

browningboy
02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Our trips are the post office and somewhat of a vegas saying!8)

mrdoog
02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
She has her own rifle, hunter #, mind and money.
We discuss where we are going to hunt, if she isn't interested in going with me, she doesn't apply.
I'm curious as to why you start this poll?

Barracuda
02-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I wonder if he knows someone that is cheating the system by getting thier spouse, kid , relative etc to apply even though the applicant has no intention of useing the tag and they go along with the ruse so some unscrupulus person can shoot the animal on another tag :mad:

todbartell
02-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm curious as to why you start this poll?

I started it to see what kind of %'s of spouses apply for a Limited Entry Hunt

brotherjack
02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Yep, my wife puts in usually. She's drawn 2 out of 3 years she's put in. Me, I've never drawn a single thing.

dana
02-14-2007, 11:34 PM
So why not ask the female hunters on this site if their husbands put in for LEH's if you are truly interesting in seeing the % of spouses that put in for LEH. I personally think you're fishing for something else.

todbartell
02-14-2007, 11:46 PM
there is very few female members on HBC, would be pretty pointless

dana
02-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Why not ask, "Does your wife hunt?" Why the interest in whether they apply for LEH's? Again, seems you're fishin' for something, but you are too chicken to come out and say what your intentions are.

todbartell
02-14-2007, 11:55 PM
oh no, did you call me...chicken? :o

Rainwater
02-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I am sure there are guys who allow the wife to put in for LEH with no intention of there wifes actually shooting that animal. I believe that NO ONE should be allowed to buy an LEH without a VALID hunting licence. I'm sure there are greenies cutting into our LEH action and we don't even know it.

Gateholio
02-15-2007, 12:33 PM
There seems to be a degree of abuse of the LEH system regarding wives/grandfathers/children/buddies that don't hunt anymore etc.

I've seen women go into stores to buy tags-completely bewildered/with some notes on a piece of paper, or go in and then have ot go out and ask thier husband if they need a licence as well as tags:rolleyes: etc...

I agree that if you don't have a valid licence purchased you shouldn't be applying for tags. I also think that if you recieve an LEH you shoudl be obligated to buy a tag for it within a reasonqable amount of time (say one month prior tot he hunt) or return the LEH. But that is a different thread.

In answer to your query, no, my gal does not hunt. She would go out on a grouse hunt (for a walk) wiht me, but she has no desire to see me kill a deer etc. She has seen enough livestock killed that she probably has a skewed idea on the whole thing. When I slaughter an animal, she always leaves until after the killing is doen. She doens't mind helping wih tthe skinning etc.

J_T
02-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I started it to see what kind of %'s of spouses apply for a Limited Entry Hunt One thing to consider is stating that the poll can only be answered by those with a spouse.

I don't have a spouse, and could skew the poll with "No Never".

JT

Gateholio
02-15-2007, 12:49 PM
One thing to consider is stating that the poll can only be answered by those with a spouse.

I don't have a spouse, and could skew the poll with "No Never".

JT

The question is:

Does your wife apply for LEH??

If you have no wife, there is no way for you to reply. Easy:lol:

Will
02-15-2007, 05:11 PM
I said Never........
My Wife Shoots...Handguns, Rifles, Shotties whatever........she's actually pretty good at it too....although in hindsight that may not work out down the road :|

:lol:

Sadly NO she does not Hunt......just doesn't have the "Killing" in Her.
She does help with the work though8-)
4 more years though and my Boy will be Putting in LEH's and doing the Deed himself too BTW;-)

mcrae
02-15-2007, 05:28 PM
My wife applies for LEH but has never actaully drawn anything. She has a license, her own gun, and loves to hunt. Does not do the dirty work though:lol: . We have been hunting buddies for many years now but we have a new little hunting buddy so I doubt she will get out much this year so will most likely not apply this year. We usually apply for moose group hunts so its a diffrent situation in that regards..... My mother also hunts and applies for LEH. Again no luck in the past 10 years. If my wife decides she doesn't want to pull the trigger her tags don't get filled its as simple as that. To do otherwise is sketchy in my opinion....

boatdoc
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
My wife applies for her own leh and shoots her own tag ,even cleans and helps skin.We have been hunting together for 10 years but it took her awhile to get into gutting an animal,she even cleaned my moose this year!

Will
02-15-2007, 07:59 PM
If my wife decides she doesn't want to pull the trigger her tags don't get filled its as simple as that. To do otherwise is sketchy in my opinion....
Not only Sketchy but Illegal too ;-)

kevan
02-15-2007, 08:17 PM
My wife has been drawn a few times, loves hunting , has her own quad, several rifles, about 8 or 10 handguns and is a far better shot than me.
She's a former member of the Canadian Handgun Team and the only gun I've got that she hasn't tried is my 50.

hunter1947
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I find that once they put any kind of big game animal on a LEH draw ,it will always be ,they never take them back off LEH :frown: hunter 1947.

sealevel
02-15-2007, 08:53 PM
My wife puts in for LEHs she packs a rifle but i don`t think its called hunting. :lol: So far in about 10 years she has never been drawn. If see ever did I would give her the first shot though but i would be ready.

Phil
02-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Why would it matter if a wife were to enter the LEH and not have a hunting licence? From what I recall all that is required is a hunter number. It is obviously illegal to shoot her animal for her but if she is not going to use her draw then why should she blow the bucks on the licence?

todbartell
02-15-2007, 09:28 PM
maybe if they had to buy a license before applying for LEH, it would cut down the number applicants that are only applying to improve the odds of their husband, who will shoot their animal for them, and tag it on the wife's license :|

its something that is almost impossible to enforce. as you could imagine, CO's province-wide probably only witness a handful of kills every year, and only a couple of them might be LEH hunts. Even hunters might only witness another hunter's kill, what, a hundred cases a year? And who really is going to ask to see a license or LEH paper? nobody. I'm sure the only way to really "catch" these people is at game checks, when the stories get crossed up or something, and I doubt that most couples would even get to that stage.

the easiest way to control this problem is to discourage it, and the easiest way to do that, IMO, is to make anyone who is going to buy an LEH, buy a hunting license first, and possibly even buy species tags when buying an LEH card for that animal

CHilko21
02-15-2007, 09:36 PM
umm...okay I can't comment on this one really. I do put in for LEH's, and yes, I do use them....if dad or my brother tried to take my draw things would get rather ugly

todbartell
02-15-2007, 09:50 PM
excellent :D

the finger of blame not need to be pointed at the "wives" anyways, its the greed of their husbands that is the blame

browningboy
02-15-2007, 09:54 PM
excellent :D

the finger of blame not need to be pointed at the "wives" anyways, its the greed of their husbands that is the blame

If both parties are indifferent, they're both to blame.

todbartell
02-15-2007, 09:59 PM
thats true, but if a guy only had one finger to point..:lol:

browningboy
02-15-2007, 10:14 PM
A thought, may not be right but if you think about it, in the end the family enjoys the meat, its not like its another unknown person or whatever.:???:

Phil
02-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Forcing hunters to buy licences and tags to enter a LEH will not dicourage people from shooting one anothers animals. If any thing it will increase ones vested interest in harvesting an animal and increase the number of hunters who shoot their spouses animal to help hormonize the cost of the hunt. Those hunters who are already getting away with this will continue to do so at a slightly higher cost.

As for increasing ones odds with a spouse entered in as a group hunt partner. As long as odds are attained legaly why should it matter if it is a spouse or a buddy who could'nt make the hunt. Group hunts can have a max of four people what does it matter if one or more of them couldn't make the hunt or never had any intentions of making the hunt as long as they attained their LEH legaly. Forcing people to but licences and tags won't change this. If a hunter is hell bent on hunting a specific area and species for a hunting trip an exrta forty five bucks isn't going to discourage him/her. The best way to dicourage illegal behavior is with more enforcement not more fees. IMO

Barracuda
02-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I am sure almost every criminal can justify thier crime but it still doesnt make it right nor ethical .
Fraud is not a victimless crime

Coyote
02-15-2007, 10:23 PM
My ol' girl has been up to her elbows in blood on more than one occasion. Gotta luv it

todbartell
02-15-2007, 10:37 PM
As for increasing ones odds with a spouse entered in as a group hunt partner. As long as odds are attained legaly why should it matter if it is a spouse or a buddy who could'nt make the hunt. Group hunts can have a max of four people what does it matter if one or more of them couldn't make the hunt or never had any intentions of making the hunt as long as they attained their LEH legaly
is it possible that this is a reason the government went with the 'Shared Hunt' for moose a few years back??

to be honest, myself and three friends applied for a shared moose hunt last fall and we got drawn, and two of my friends never even went hunting

kishman
02-15-2007, 10:40 PM
No wife here, but this is as good a reason as I've heard of for gettin' one.:lol: :lol: .

Phil
02-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Todd,
I have been in the same position last season where myself and three others won the LEH for bull moose shared hunt. Only three of the four of us ever made it out and a few times only two were out at a time over the four week period. The havest would still be shared among the four entered and no laws broken.

is it possible that this is a reason the government went with the 'Shared Hunt' for moose a few years back??

I don't know for sure but it would seem that a shared hunt would have been enstated to encourage moose hunting in areas where there was going to be a limited number of individual LEH draws to hand out do to low numbers of moose and a lot of people wanting them. A shared hunt gets hunters out and tags and licences purchased. It is a win win for hunters as they get to participate in the hunt and revenue generation for government coffers.

If you are eluding to other reason for the enstatement of shared hunts then enlighten us.

todbartell
02-15-2007, 11:02 PM
well I dont know why they put in the shared hunts, but like you I assume it was to boost hunter participation without having a slaughter. makes me wonder though if they also did it so people could apply as a group, but nobody would be required to buy a license or tag

I was asked last fall by a woman if she had to buy a license and a moose tag if she was going out hunting with her husband. She said she was drawn for a shared LEH with him and he already had a tag. THis is the type of situation I am getting at - she helped his odds of getting drawn, yet she has no intention of hunting, thus he can shoot a bull 100% legally, with the help of her LEH, yet she doesnt have to even be there when the meat hits the ground, let alone hold a license in her name.

Phil
02-15-2007, 11:12 PM
I believe that the law already states that all members of the shared hunt must have a valid tag and licence regardless of their intensions. I think this info is stated on the LEH paper work that each LEH hunter gets. I still have mine in my truck so i'll have a look.

todbartell
02-15-2007, 11:19 PM
report back if you find anything, I was under the impression that you were not required to purchase a tag. The case I referred to with the woman and husband was a 2 person shared hunt with one animal up for harvest, and her case was that she was going to be with him at all times, and they could only kill one moose, so what was the point of buying a tag

Phil
02-15-2007, 11:28 PM
I have my shared hunting authorization in my hand and it states that " each group member must possess a valid MOOSE species licence and no individual member may kill more than one MOOSE"

todbartell
02-15-2007, 11:31 PM
hmmm well there ya go...but what if the person doesn't have a Hunting License and is just sitting copilot knitting?

Phil
02-15-2007, 11:42 PM
you can't buy a tag without a licence

todbartell
02-15-2007, 11:45 PM
...sooooo you're saying that someone who has an LEH paper in their name but no license would be fine, accompanying (in a non hunting manor IE keeping company in passenger seat) the licensed LEH hunter

Phil
02-16-2007, 12:23 AM
No. I am saying that if you are a member of a LEH shared party you must have a licence and a tag regardless of your level of particapation.

Gateholio
02-16-2007, 12:32 AM
No. I am saying that if you are a member of a LEH shared party you must have a licence and a tag regardless of your level of particapation.

Hmm...

So if you and I and tod and Joe Bloggs get a shared hunt wiht 2 LEH authorizations, is it illegal for me and Joe bloggs to NOT buy a licence or tags, and just you and tod go hunting?

I think that is the question....???

3kills
02-16-2007, 08:06 AM
the way its worded in the leh synopsis yeah it would be illegal....

Phil
02-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I would have to say yes ,that would be illegal based on the wording on the shared hunt authorization I have infront of me. I could be wrong about this but the wording is fairly simple. I dont understand why someone who was staying home or copiloting should have to buy a licence and tags but that is the way the authorization reads.

Back to my earlier question regarding groop hunts.
Why would it matter if a wife or a buddy were to enter the LEH draw and not have a hunting licence? From what I recall all that is required is a hunter number. It is obviously illegal to shoot their animal for them wheather they are present or not, but if they are not going to use their draw then why should they blow the bucks on the licence?

JohnS
02-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I just wanna know if I am a winner for a Spring Bear draw LOL!!!! 20th is gettingg closer yayy!!:D:D:D