PDA

View Full Version : BC Conservationist hall of fame?

xcaribooer
02-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Forgive me if something like this already exists , if it does I am not aware of it.
Recently thinking about people like Chilco Choate and Harold Mitchell got me wondering if there was a sort of BC Conservationist hall of fame idea where people who have done outstanding work for habitat/game conservation in the province could be recognized. BCWF could have a page dedicated to this .
A set of criteria could be decided, then you could nominate someone who you think should be added then they would be voted on to see if they met the criteria. I believe most people who would be on a list like this would probally not care if they were of were not but I think others would like to see them recognized. Along with each person added to the list could be a brief history of who they are and what they were being recognized for.

GoatGuy
02-01-2014, 05:19 PM
This is about as the 'top' within the BCWF.

http://www.bcwf.net/images/stories/2013_AGM/Awards/Barsby_Award_Nomination_form_2013.pdf

There are several other awards (CWF Roland Michener etc) for conservation across BC and Canada.

one-shot-wonder
02-02-2014, 11:12 PM
I agree with GG, many of the conservation forefathers that come to mind are past winners of the Ted Barsby award.