PDA

View Full Version : Focusing on crosshairs

rides bike to work
01-28-2014, 08:49 PM
I have a cheap scope I mounted on my 22 it's a 3-9 olivion . When I bring up the scope I can see the cross hair clearly but as my ear focuses on the target and the cross hair almost disappears. Why is this and why is it with other scopes my eyes can focus on something close like the crosshairs and something far like target at the same time. I think my eyes a playing tricks on me6

Rhyno
01-28-2014, 08:57 PM
I have a cheap scope I mounted on my 22 it's a 3-9 olivion . When I bring up the scope I can see the cross hair clearly but as my ear focuses on the target and the cross hair almost disappears.6
You are suppose to put the scope up to your eye, not ear! Problem solved;)

Scotty-B
01-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Mulehahn
01-28-2014, 09:15 PM
What distance is the target? Some .22 scopes are designed to focus on 40 or 50 yds. Most scopes have a parallax set to
O 100yds.

RiverOtter
01-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Twisting your ocular lens in should solve your problem.......

Rich_D
01-28-2014, 09:27 PM
First off...Olivon scopes work best once a .22 bullet has passed completely through the scope from Ocular to Objective, barring that, if the scope does not have an adjustable objective (most 3-9 scopes do not) to adjust paralax then the scope is set to focus at 100yds and beyond.

If you are trying to shoot at closer distances you will encounter blurry crosshairs or target depending on where you choose to focus your "ear". Using the scope in this manner is not conducive to precise shooting, not only because of the focus issue but you also encounter Paralax (as stated above, simply put, depending on where your eye is in the scope your POA will change, and the change, even at 50m/yds can be inches)

If you want to shoot at shorter distance then a scope with Adjustable Objective is required to bring both the crosshair and the target into focus.

Jagermeister
01-28-2014, 09:52 PM
First off...Olivon scopes work best once a .22 bullet has passed completely through the scope from Ocular to Objective, barring that, if the scope does not have an adjustable objective (most 3-9 scopes do not) to adjust paralax then the scope is set to focus at 100yds and beyond.

If you are trying to shoot at closer distances you will encounter blurry crosshairs or target depending on where you choose to focus your "ear". Using the scope in this manner is not conducive to precise shooting, not only because of the focus issue but you also encounter Paralax (as stated above, simply put, depending on where your eye is in the scope your POA will change, and the change, even at 50m/yds can be inches)

If you want to shoot at shorter distance then a scope with Adjustable Objective is required to bring both the crosshair and the target into focus.
The #1 answer.

adriaticum
01-28-2014, 11:03 PM
You are suppose to put the scope up to your eye, not ear! Problem solved;)

Ha,ha exactly

hunter1947
01-29-2014, 05:27 AM
I had the same problem when I put the scope in my ear to see the target what I found out how to fix this is dump the scope and get a new one or use open sights :)..

BRrooster
01-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Try puttin your finger in your other ear!
hahahahaha

Drillbit
01-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Try shooting with both ears open

Seriously though, do you shoot with both eyes open, or one.