PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing help

eastkoothunter
01-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Hi guys,

was hoping someone could help me with some ice fishing info. I'm looking for a lake close(ish) to Kelowna, and apart from Bear (Lambly) Lake, via GoogleEarth I found Cameron and Windy Lakes more West of it, but I didn't see them in the regulations. I'm just wondering if these are good ice fishing lakes, and if they're even open to fishing this time of year. I presume lots of snow on them, and likewise ice. If anyone has any input that would be greatly appreciated, or recommendations of other lakes. Would be happy to share info for anyone interested in the East Kootenay region as well. Thanks.

ru rancher
01-28-2014, 06:24 PM
if its not in the regulations then there are no special restrictions and that only the regional restrictions apply to them

Stone Sheep Steve
01-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Do you have access to a snowmobile??

eastkoothunter
01-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Do you have access to a snowmobile??

No I don't, unfortunately.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-28-2014, 07:36 PM
No I don't, unfortunately.

Then the roads that are plowed will be your limiting factor.
Haven't been up that way lately myself so maybe others know where they've been logging lately??

eastkoothunter
01-28-2014, 07:53 PM
That was in the back of my mind, if and where it would be plowed. If I head up that way I will provide an update

300H&H
01-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Idabel lake has easy access and is not far past the Big White turn off and 10 minutes off Hwy 33.
Look at the kids fishing day posted by Coach.

Sofa King
01-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Cameron is good, but nothing of any size in there.
also, the road is usually impassable on normal winters.
forget windy, even in the summer, that lake's not worth fishing.