PDA

View Full Version : Guiding maps

khoffnbud
01-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Where can I find, if it even exists, maps showing guiding areas and boundaries?

kennyj
01-26-2014, 07:20 AM
iMapBC. Its a little tricky to navigate, but the info is all there in the layers.
kenny

Rackmastr
01-26-2014, 07:21 AM
GOABC has maps on their website. The government also has maps that are easy to see and provide different details.

As Kenny pointed out, iMapBC also has them.

Rhyno
01-26-2014, 07:24 AM
Google is your friend. Look up GOABC, check out Maps and then click on the region you are interested in.

Rhyno
01-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Damn by the time it took me to pour a coffe and type a reply on my ipad, couple people beat me too it!

Moose Guide
01-26-2014, 11:28 PM
You do know that you can hunt any crown land in B.C. without asking an outfitters permission, right? The only time that outfitter boundaries matter is if you are the outfitter or his guide!

604redneck
01-26-2014, 11:50 PM
You do know that you can hunt any crown land in B.C. without asking an outfitters permission, right? The only time that outfitter boundaries matter is if you are the outfitter or his guide!
Did he ask if he is allowed to hunt on a territory? Maybe he wants to go onto a certain outfitters territory maybe he wants to avoid one.....

Moose Guide
01-27-2014, 12:06 AM
Did he ask if he is allowed to hunt on a territory? Maybe he wants to go onto a certain outfitters territory maybe he wants to avoid one.....

Nope, but I have run into a few new hunters who have been told by outfitters to get out of their guiding area so I volunteered a little info! It is quite possible that he has been looking at photos on an outfitters web page and seen some nice critters he wants to hunt, but that's his business and not mine! He may have seen an outfitter way over his boundaries with a client(like I saw the other day), but again that is his business! I just thought I would give a little help weather it was needed or not!

604redneck
01-27-2014, 01:36 AM
Fair enough

khoffnbud
01-27-2014, 04:21 AM

Exactly, I'm 99% certain that my chosen sheep spot for this year is right on the boundary between two guiding areas....which is perfect but I just want to double check.

butthead
01-27-2014, 10:19 PM
that imap looks intersting
thank u

Cpl_Punishment
01-29-2014, 10:03 PM
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1cpfeEHk9oAZfYVFiwDHlYhZPG80UVeLq hhWoGA#map:id=3

I found this one after a little digging.