PDA

View Full Version : Question about Antlerless Elk Christian Valley Region 8 12 zone A

slow_cl
01-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey guys. New to the forum and first post here. My Dad has a LEH for Antlerless Elk up in the Christian Valley between January 15th and February 29th. The hunting we've done in the past has been limited to 8 22 in the Okanagan (ridge between OK lake and Kal Lake) and more or less for White Tail and Mulies. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has some experience hunting Elk in the Christian Valley this time of year. I would imagine it is quite a challenge and we may be in over our heads, but still worth a shot ;) The ultimate would be to find a rancher or farmer up in the region who would allow us to hunt on his land... anyone? lol

Anyhow, any tips or suggestions appreciated. Cheers

Philcott
01-23-2014, 10:26 AM
I've not hunted there at the time of year you are going but I'm pretty sure the show is all in the bottom of the valley and you will need permission to hunt. Try contacting the CO for the area or the Ministry and maybe they can give you some tips on how to make contact with land owners.

Be sure to come back and let us know how you make out.

slow_cl
01-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Yeah good call... I had not thought of that. I will let you know how it goes.