PDA

View Full Version : Last min elk LEH questions 8-12

mungojeerie
01-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Okay,
So I just got invited to go on a last minute elk LEH trip... we leave on friday, so this is extremely last minute... If it were my draw I would be on here and researching many months ago, but as this is the situation I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask just in case any good pointers came my way.

I'm semi familiar with some areas in 8-14, Ive stayed up at the Double E ranch before, turkey hunted a couple times up that way, done some camping up there etc.

This draw is for 8-12 below 1100m... anyone have any idea of some areas that we might poke around and find some elk? Please feel free to reply to thread or PM directly with any suggested areas, roads, or contact info for ranches in the area that allow elk to be taken off their property.

I am also interested in any first hand info for 8-12 or 8-14 for wolves and weather/road conditions... what should we expect? Im not sure what the snowfall in that area is like... should we be packing a toboggan and snowshoes?

thanks in advance for any mercy ;)

Buck23
11-15-2015, 11:36 PM
How did you do on your hunt? I have an leh for cow elk in 8-12 in January to February and looking for some advice and or direction for this hunt. I've done lots of deer hunting but this will be my first elk hunt. Any tips would be appreciated!