PDA

View Full Version : Game Getter

paulyjay
01-21-2014, 10:07 AM
http://www3.telus.net/gamegetter/
Has anyone ever used one of these cassings?

bighornbob
01-21-2014, 10:30 AM
yes I bought one years ago for my 300WM. Its pretty good. I only had 2 rounds left in the truck and got two grouse out of it. You are not doing head shots on the grouse its center of body mass but it gets the job done and they are pretty quite.

BHB

budismyhorse
01-21-2014, 11:39 AM
just stuns them? or does it do some damage on a body shot?

sawmill
01-21-2014, 12:46 PM
It`s like a .22,just not as accurate.And ,if it`s 30. cal,not as fast.

twanger
01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
have one for the 7/08, not bad accuracy out to 40 yards and yes does some damage to meat.

bighornbob
01-21-2014, 02:03 PM
just stuns them? or does it do some damage on a body shot?

No it punches a hole right through them. For my 300WM, its a 00 buck lead pellet shaped to .308 caliber. So its a pretty good chunk of lead flying. Its a lot slower so its not as much damage as a .22 hits it. Both grouse I shot were body hits and other then a puff of feathers you would not know they were hit. Both ran away. I had to track them by the feathers:):)

Good alternative for camp meat or if you are not packing two guns.

BHB

rocksteady
01-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Since it's a cartridge adapter loaded in the chamber, how does it work with the smaller bullet going through the muzzle rifling? That must change the trajectory quite a bit....

Rattles its way down the pipe, until it pops out tge end, that why accuracy is so so.

It is not tight enough where the rifling does much.

bighornbob
01-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Rattles its way down the pipe, until it pops out tge end, that why accuracy is so so.

It is not tight enough where the rifling does much.

No rattling what so ever. Each kit comes with a chunk of 1" barrel the same size as the cartridge. You have to form your own lead projectile. Like I said for the .308 caliber you use 00 Buck lead shot. You have to take a pellet and force it through the 1" barrel chunk. That gives you the right diameter.

I tried to use a lesser charge one time to make it even quieter. Well it was quieter but it did not have the jam to shoot it out of the barrel. I panicked for a second then loaded up the proper charge and fired. this time it spit it out. So now I always make sure I have some extra strong charges in case one gets stuck. So if one can get stuck it is gripping the rifling quite well.

BHB

rocksteady
01-21-2014, 06:01 PM
BHB, I used one different than the one linked... Was less than impressed, don't remember the brand though...

Chopper
01-21-2014, 06:24 PM
wrong thread