PDA

View Full Version : Road conditions to Vidette Lake

davet
01-16-2014, 09:51 AM
planning on heading up Deadman Vedette rd late spring to do some fishing. Anyone driven this road in the past year or so. How is it?

gmcgilli66
01-19-2014, 09:20 PM
planning on heading up Deadman Vedette rd late spring to do some fishing. Anyone driven this road in the past year or so. How is it?

That road is in steady use. Lower section is good gravel. From the lakes on up, when wet, it's greasy mud. Not sure if you will be traveling during breakup, but will likely be busy with logging trucks the rest of the time.

white moose
01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Road is in good condition. Wife and I spent our honeymoon up that way last May, was the week it was 30 degrees. We went past vidette and checked out the center of the universe and the falls. awesome in spring run off. You can head over to bonaparte from there. We camped at bog lake and pulled out some five pounders. No one around in early may. Make sure you look for sheep, after the rez. We saw several.

davet
01-20-2014, 10:48 AM
That road is in steady use. Lower section is good gravel. From the lakes on up, when wet, it's greasy mud. Not sure if you will be traveling during breakup, but will likely be busy with logging trucks the rest of the time.

Perfect Thanks

Road is in good condition. Wife and I spent our honeymoon up that way last May, was the week it was 30 degrees. We went past vidette and checked out the center of the universe and the falls. awesome in spring run off. You can head over to bonaparte from there. We camped at bog lake and pulled out some five pounders. No one around in early may. Make sure you look for sheep, after the rez. We saw several.

Thanks White Moose. I like that resort btw.
Thats good to know that i can get to Bonaparte from there too. My plan is to keep driving all the way up to Lone butte.

white moose
01-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Bernd and Kathe are awesome. That man has some awesome muley racks out of that area. He got skunked last year. Lol.

davet
01-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Bernd and Kathe are awesome. That man has some awesome muley racks out of that area. He got skunked last year. Lol.

Kathe got a LEH moose tag. Do you know if she got one?

white moose
01-20-2014, 02:21 PM
No moose for Kate. They tried and saw a few cows. They tried the last week and the one day they didn't go two bulls were taken, they saw the drag marks the following day. They did get there dodge buried in snow, thank god they brought the chains with. Bernd is now putting a winch on the truck. on a side note he came up on the jetboat on the cariboo river and the brother got a small bull. I had a tag as well and saw one cow calf set. Fishing was a blast, even hooked a few beat up salmon.

davet
01-20-2014, 06:38 PM
No moose for Kate. They tried and saw a few cows. They tried the last week and the one day they didn't go two bulls were taken, they saw the drag marks the following day. They did get there dodge buried in snow, thank god they brought the chains with. Bernd is now putting a winch on the truck. on a side note he came up on the jetboat on the cariboo river and the brother got a small bull. I had a tag as well and saw one cow calf set. Fishing was a blast, even hooked a few beat up salmon.
thats to bad she was so excited to get the tag..

Is the dirt road from Vidette to bonaparte better than the road from loon lake to bonaparte

white moose
01-20-2014, 10:04 PM
We went up with camper, pulling a boat trailer. I believe the road across is called fatox, its in decent shape. The only shitty part from loon is through the ranch. A few nice small lakes on the upper vidette, they must have fish as we saw several loons on them. Fatox has some decent fishing, good moose country if you get the draw. We probably do our anniversary up that way again.